It all comes down to next Sat night....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It all comes down to next Sat night....

No Im not getting ahead of myself - my view is if we were to lose to West Coast then Port in consecutive weeks we simply dont deserve to play finals and will have bigger issues to worry bout.

But next Saturday we have a chance to put some real doubt over Collingwood and help really sure upour finals spot. Its a final.

We know Collingwood will be smarting after 3 losses and while you feel the innevitable St Kilda "downer" could be at play we simply HAVE to step up next week. Collingwood ARE ordinary - poor ruck diviosion, poor midfield and a small fwd brigade only.

Tonight Leon Davis - NOT sighted. Thomas, Didak, all NOT sighted, Medhurst?????.........they will be given a rocket this week we can and should account for these guys.

We can take this game from Collingwood direct from the middle - force them to move some of these guys up the ground and into play. They will bring back Woods (mistake to leave him out tonight) - IMO we have to exploit them here.

CMON SAINTS take your chance NOW.

“Yeah….nah””
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: It all comes down to next Sat night....

Teflon wrote:Collingwood ARE ordinary - poor ruck diviosion, poor midfield and a small fwd brigade only.
Phew...only about 10 weeks ago I got absolutely roasted for suggesting Collingwood were less than brilliant. Who would have thunk it...roasted for outing The Scum as ordinary on a Saints forum!?! I thought this forum was totally full of morons who'd missed every valid point of the game...thanks Teffers, you've restored some faith. Collingwood are very very average indeed...they only won in round 9 because we obviously couldn't be bothered turning up to play. I hope to gawd we give them the spanking they deserve next week, but I'll be sweating on a decisive victory Sunday before I rush to pick us in my footy tips.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Hate playing Collingwood under these circumstances...............

there backs against the wall.......questioned by media etc etc

will be very very hard to beat.

They had a lot of players down against the hawks.

saint4life
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Hate playing Collingwood under these circumstances...............

They will Chook but thats my point. These are the games that go to script>

1 Pies lose
2. Saints win (simply must)

so

3 So Pies use Saints as step ladder to bounce back.

IF we are fair dinkum as anything for finals wed need to buck that trend for mine and really make a statement - we did that a few weeks ago and hurt the Hawks more than most realise (heard Clarkson mention it again tongight).

This HAS to be our elimination final.

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

1 Pies lose

so

IF we are fair dinkum as anything for finals wed need to buck that trend for mine and really make a statement - we did that a few weeks ago and hurt the Hawks more than most realise (heard Clarkson mention it again tongight).

But might just be their Grand final

expect Collingwood to bounce back hard.

saint4life
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:IF we are fair dinkum as anything for finals wed need to buck that trend for mine and really make a statement - we did that a few weeks ago and hurt the Hawks more than most realise (heard Clarkson mention it again tongight).

Yeah...but couldn't care less mate...we've still gotta beat Port. Every game from this week on is our elimination final, we can't afford to lose any, yet we are capable of losing all. If we lose against Collingwood, it's as bad as losing against West Coast.

Blast your lungs out Sunday, get over Port, then we can worry about Collingwood.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Teflon wrote:IF we are fair dinkum as anything for finals wed need to buck that trend for mine and really make a statement - we did that a few weeks ago and hurt the Hawks more than most realise (heard Clarkson mention it again tongight).

Yeah...but couldn't care less mate...we've still gotta beat Port. Every game from this week on is our elimination final, we can't afford to lose any, yet we are capable of losing all. If we lose against Collingwood, it's as bad as losing against West Coast.

Blast your lungs out Sunday, get over Port, then we can worry about Collingwood.
I know we have to beat Port thats why I said at the start of the thread IF we were to lose to them I could care less about the Collingwood game cause frankly not being able to beat a side thats started rebuilding for 09 on our own dung heap tells me we have bigger probklems.

Trust me getting over Collingwood on the rebound is going to be harder than beating Port

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

1 Pies lose

so

Had lost 2 in a row coming against Hawks and the Hawks as good side do despatched them. We need that attitude IF we are to be believed to be a good side. And it IS attitude.

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

1 Pies lose

so

Had lost 2 in a row coming against Hawks and the Hawks as good side do despatched them. We need that attitude IF we are to be believed to be a good side. And it IS attitude.
My concern is that collingwood bottomed out tonight......and their attitude will be really stirred.

saint4life
Saint Mik
Club Player

We will smash the Pies, put an end to the 08 season for them and leap frog us into the finals.

Putting an end to that over rated high flying selfish football club will be a bloody highlite for me. Takes more than a great grab to win a game Daisy

I hope Joffa is gawn by three qtr time. and Eddy's head explodes

I cant wait.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:We will smash the Pies, put an end to the 08 season for them and leap frog us into the finals.

Putting an end to that over rated high flying selfish football club will be a bloody highlite for me. Takes more than a great grab to win a game Daisy

I cant wait.
and this will be done by the side that could not beat a 2nd rate Eagles side.

still pissed over that game.

saint4life
degruch
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Teflon]I know we have to beat Port thats why I said at the start of the thread IF we were to lose to them I could care less about the Collingwood game cause frankly not being able to beat a side thats started rebuilding for 09 on our own dung heap tells me we have bigger probklems.

Trust me getting over Collingwood on the rebound is going to be harder than beating Port[/quote]

Cool...now you've added an upper case 'IF', I totally agree. M'yes...I think Collingwood have better personnel at the moment [than Port this week], add some desparation and you've got a very valid point...we'll need to be on our guard against them. Of course, win against them and lose against Freo the next week, and we're back to where we are now. I'll be nervous right up to the last round...my ladder predictor had us finishing 9th on percentage. Scary.
Last edited by degruch on Sat 02 Aug 2008 12:52am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

1 Pies lose

so

My concern is that collingwood bottomed out tonight......and their attitude will be really stirred.
We know that their attitude and Micks is "backs to the wall" stuff so lets focus on OUR attitude - the players have to be UP big time for this game.

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Mik
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:We will smash the Pies, put an end to the 08 season for them and leap frog us into the finals.

I cant wait.
and this will be done by the side that could not beat a 2nd rate Eagles side.

still pissed over that game.
Yep and that is the reason why, we wont let that happen again before the finals.

You will see a different saints side this week and even better against the Peis after our last performance against them at the dome.

It is time to put the foot down and last week will be a decent wake up call to the club.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:My concern is that collingwood bottomed out tonight ... and their attitude will be really stirred.

let's get over port first. if we can do that (as i expect we will) we will have won five of our last six and ought to be pretty "stirred" ourselves.

we'll have the chance to really hurt collingwood and there's nothing more inviting to st kilda teams. crush 'em and put them out of their misery for '08.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
chook23 wrote:My concern is that collingwood bottomed out tonight ... and their attitude will be really stirred.

let's get over port first. if we can do that (as i expect we will) we will have won five of our last six and ought to be pretty "stirred" ourselves.

we'll have the chance to really hurt collingwood and there's nothing more inviting to st kilda teams. crush 'em and put them out of their misery for '08.
maybe I have just been burnt too many times, just like last week.

saint4life
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

maybe I have just been burnt too many times, just like last week.
i know the feeling. it's a match that ross will just have to get us up for.

of the contenders, hawthorn's the only one we've accounted for so far (apart from the swans in rd 1) so a victory is just vital if we're to go anywhere in september.

we'll have as much on the line as them. our backs will be just as much against the wall, but let's worry about it after we put away port adelaide.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We've suffered (virtually) a 10-goal turnaround against arguably the worst team in footy. How people are even contemplating beyond Sunday is beyond me.

Collingwood will be tough as nails next week. Don't forget - they flogged Geelong. They're a team who shines under pressure; it focuses them on the job.

They'll relish the chance to kill our top four hopes and put our top eight hopes in the balance.

Indeed, we should rise and crush them - but who trusts our side to do that?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

one step at a time. And to beat Collingwood we just have to play our game and not play dumb!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

lets come back to this on sunday night, btw I totally agree teflon. Right now on form it could go one of two ways

1) close lost/win
2)blow out

colliingwood will most likely be out of the 8 come this weekend after 3 loses in a row and they are really missing rocca

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

My concern is the Saints ability to play opposition teams back into form..

Collingwobbles are probably rapt they play StKilda next,a chance for them to stop the rot.......

I hope we smash them and "Eddie nowhere" reacts and sacks Grumpy.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

and the next one..and the next.

Duggie
Club Player

Yes, Beware Saints!
I have forgotten the many times we have played teams like the Pies (are at present) back into form. Sure we have to get over Port yet and the experts and the bookies are rating us unbackable for that one. But the Pies loom large and I predict our fight with them will be ugly.
With the exception of Cats and Hawks there is not that much between the other contenders for the top eight so in my opinion its largely a matter of what is above the shoulders- the grey matter- that counts, or, the frame of mind.
Last night the Hawks were clinically sound in every way and we will have to be the same. Or is that putting it too simply. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote:Yes, Beware Saints!
I have forgotten the many times we have played teams like the Pies (are at present) back into form. Sure we have to get over Port yet and the experts and the bookies are rating us unbackable for that one. But the Pies loom large and I predict our fight with them will be ugly.
With the exception of Cats and Hawks there is not that much between the other contenders for the top eight so in my opinion its largely a matter of what is above the shoulders- the grey matter- that counts, or, the frame of mind.
Last night the Hawks were clinically sound in every way and we will have to be the same. Or is that putting it too simply. :lol:
spot on Douglas.

For all the "how dare we look past Port".....FFS....we are FANS we are on the internet - we "speculate" cause we know squat ...its what we do so lighten upon the "lets get over Port first" cause no one I know on here is playing tomorrow?????

Besides - as I said IF we lose to Port I couldnt give a stuff about the Pies cause our problems are larger than them. What I mean by that is IF we have to continuously have backs to the wall to get motivated we need to look at ourselves.

Duggie is spot on - its ALL above the ears next week THATS why I hope "the mind" is turned on.

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Duggie wrote:Yes, Beware Saints!
spot on Douglas.

For all the "how dare we look past Port".....FFS....we are FANS we are on the internet - we "speculate" cause we know squat ...its what we do so lighten upon the "lets get over Port first" cause no one I know on here is playing tomorrow?????

Besides - as I said IF we lose to Port I couldnt give a stuff about the Pies cause our problems are larger than them. What I mean by that is IF we have to continuously have backs to the wall to get motivated we need to look at ourselves.

Duggie is spot on - its ALL above the ears next week THATS why I hope "the mind" is turned on.
let's get over port first :wink: