Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

honestly I don't give a shite about the AFL or growth

its st kilda or nothing for me.

if some idiotic jihadist hit AFL house wiping out the entire administration, i'd think its a good thing that no people i cared about were involved.

if AFL teams fold or die, I don't care.

its just st kilda.

let the rest rot.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Bottom line: Your bargaining power at the AFL is relative to your membership numbers, bums on seats and ratings capacity.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I cannot believe how some people blame everyone but the club and the players. Luckily I know the players last week only blame themselves. It really makes people laugh who understand footy how simple some people on here are blaming the AFL, the umpires and the commentators. Luckily I know some players arent as stupid as you guys are and they realise it is their fault or do the morons want them to go into a game with a bulls*** excuse and blame everyone but themselves. Knowledge of some people on here nil.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I have the answers. They are picking on us. Excuses. Even one old person said on here that he must be right because on the couch said the umpiring was bad. Well you know you are struggling when you say that as you could quote many more who said the umpiring made no difference. He uses Robert Walls to back his arguement and in other arguements when it doesnt suit him says Robert Walls has no idea.

Come on you losers tell me logical reasons why people want the Saints to lose.
you answer my questions first

These are not excuses, they were questions. I am still wanting for answers to these questions. Do I have to repeat them.

We are not losers, we are analysising certain parts of a game, prior game and the direction of the AFL.

I can tell you why the umpiring department as a whole wanted us to lose the "whispers in the sky" game. It's because their ego's were hurt by a coach and thus they wanted revenge. They were caught out admitting to this. The fact that there was no investigation and change to the result to make it "Fair" (see sirengate) didn't happen was terrible. That they allowed them to continue to umpire afterwards is giving match fixing a green light.

So I ask again, how was these three umpires allowed to umpire again? Especially in the light of the goal umpire who is going to be sacked for not getting a point signal in during the crows v sydney match.

I did notice you ignore my questions about the fixing of the draft despite the fact that they will have ample time to build a competative team.

I still wait on answers to the other questions posted above. I have not once during these questions suggested that they led to us losing points. The closest I came is suggesting that fixing a game should result in the changing of the results and points awarded to stkilda. Otherwise I suggest that yes they did effect game outcomes, final places and income generated. It may have even effected players careers. But lets cast it all aside and just ask those dozen or so interesting questions.

In isolation they can be written off as "thats life" but when added up over a short period of time (3-4 years at the maximum), common sense suggests that either those in power have an agenda or have decided not to fix up a whole host of problems. Personally I think it's a little of the former, and a bit of the later.

If that makes me a loser, then anyone who questions the status quo should be regarded as losers.

btw plugger66, it might happen to other teams but guess what, last time I checked this is a saints forum.... I don't care if say the dogs where screwed, I care about my club...
I would not answer you if you were the last person on earth. I saw you wrote the words common sense. Surely that is an oxy moron for you. Umpires made mistakes players made mistakes that is all. Anyone who thinks anything else shouldnt even bother with footy anymore because what is the point as we are obviously never going to win a GF as the AFL dont want us to. Yep that is it we would have won a lot more than one GF but for the umpires or AFL. Some on here need to get in the real world. The AFL and umpires dont care whether we win or lose. They do their job sometimes well sometimes poorly just like our players over the years.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I have the answers. They are picking on us. Excuses. Even one old person said on here that he must be right because on the couch said the umpiring was bad. Well you know you are struggling when you say that as you could quote many more who said the umpiring made no difference. He uses Robert Walls to back his arguement and in other arguements when it doesnt suit him says Robert Walls has no idea.

These are not excuses, they were questions. I am still wanting for answers to these questions. Do I have to repeat them.

We are not losers, we are analysising certain parts of a game, prior game and the direction of the AFL.

I can tell you why the umpiring department as a whole wanted us to lose the "whispers in the sky" game. It's because their ego's were hurt by a coach and thus they wanted revenge. They were caught out admitting to this. The fact that there was no investigation and change to the result to make it "Fair" (see sirengate) didn't happen was terrible. That they allowed them to continue to umpire afterwards is giving match fixing a green light.

So I ask again, how was these three umpires allowed to umpire again? Especially in the light of the goal umpire who is going to be sacked for not getting a point signal in during the crows v sydney match.

I did notice you ignore my questions about the fixing of the draft despite the fact that they will have ample time to build a competative team.

I still wait on answers to the other questions posted above. I have not once during these questions suggested that they led to us losing points. The closest I came is suggesting that fixing a game should result in the changing of the results and points awarded to stkilda. Otherwise I suggest that yes they did effect game outcomes, final places and income generated. It may have even effected players careers. But lets cast it all aside and just ask those dozen or so interesting questions.

In isolation they can be written off as "thats life" but when added up over a short period of time (3-4 years at the maximum), common sense suggests that either those in power have an agenda or have decided not to fix up a whole host of problems. Personally I think it's a little of the former, and a bit of the later.

If that makes me a loser, then anyone who questions the status quo should be regarded as losers.

btw plugger66, it might happen to other teams but guess what, last time I checked this is a saints forum.... I don't care if say the dogs where screwed, I care about my club...
I would not answer you if you were the last person on earth. I saw you wrote the words common sense. Surely that is an oxy moron for you. Umpires made mistakes players made mistakes that is all. Anyone who thinks anything else shouldnt even bother with footy anymore because what is the point as we are obviously never going to win a GF as the AFL dont want us to. Yep that is it we would have won a lot more than one GF but for the umpires or AFL. Some on here need to get in the real world. The AFL and umpires dont care whether we win or lose. They do their job sometimes well sometimes poorly just like our players over the years.
don't answer them FOR ME... answer them for the rest of the forum who are sick to death of your mindless defence of everything AFL.

Interesting to note:

Stkilda get screwed over, it effects their end of season ladder result = losers if they complaign

sydney get screwed by 1 point, yes one point, and reserve the right to ask for the result to be change = great club doing the right thing by their players and supporters....

hmmmmm

yes we are a bunch of losers hey???

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:honestly I don't give a shite about the AFL or growth

if some idiotic jihadist hit AFL house wiping out the entire administration, i'd think its a good thing that no people i cared about were involved.

its just st kilda.

let the rest rot.

yep....my thoughts exactly......i lived in a rugby state for awhile......pple often said to me ...your an aussie rules follower.....???....i always replied no...i an a st kilda football club follower...don't give a rats about the other sides...or other competitionsfffs.......how come they never get it????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I cannot believe how some people blame everyone but the club and the players. Luckily I know the players last week only blame themselves. It really makes people laugh who understand footy how simple some people on here are blaming the AFL, the umpires and the commentators. Luckily I know some players arent as stupid as you guys are and they realise it is their fault or do the morons want them to go into a game with a bulls*** excuse and blame everyone but themselves. Knowledge of some people on here nil.

oh ffs ...stop with the holier than thou bullsh!t...

...for the record....here's my original post in this thread....

.....brown-coat wrote:
Or am i paranoid.

Interesting umpiring?

TO WHICH I REPLIED.....

...no you are not paranoid....chalk up another win for the maggots........what was the final free kick count....35 to 9 .....or something like that......ffs...it's not the frees that the west coast got...it's more of a case of the ones we didn't.......grind a saints player into the ground..it's holding the ball.......a saints player gets infringed...and he's playing for a free ffs......a good saints tackle results in a free for in the back.......and you could just about commit buggery on roo on the ground and get away with it ffs......i'm so mad ...i could actually throw up.....

...wasn't the only cause of our turnaround but....it started with kossi's silly jumper punch....bad kicking for goal doesn't help either....we should have been 7 to 8 goals ahead at 1/4 time.....we gave the miserably sh!ts a sniff...that...and a little help from the maggots....was all they needed.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

and at least i watched the match...before offering uninformed comment..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad"

###############################################

as i said above ..unlike you d s ...i watched the game before offering my informed comment.....
_________________ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

its just st kilda.

let the rest rot.

yep....my thoughts exactly......i lived in a rugby state for awhile......pple often said to me ...your an aussie rules follower.....???....i always replied no...i an a st kilda football club follower...don't give a rats about the other sides...or other competitionsfffs.......how come they never get it????
You see, this is the difference.

Those in this thread cheering for the AFL - support the AFL. The league. They are the one's who you hear say 'it's good for the game'.

I don't agree.

I don't sit at home watching a neutral game and think 'gee this is good for football' or 'gee they should change the rules because this game isn't a great spectacle for the fans'. I sit there thinking 'how is this result going to impact the Saints' or 'can these teams match us'.

I follow the Saints. I don't care whether or not we play in million dollar stadiums, in front of huge crowds, and the players are fitter and more skillful than ever. I couldn't give a shiit.

I'd follow the Saints if we played at Mackie Rd Reserve on a Saturday arvo in front of 50 old men and their dogs. I don't care whether the wingman can outrun the beep test or has a vertical leap of 16ft. It's about the Saints - not the AFL. Those who think differently have been duped.

The AFL to me, gets in the way of footy. They don't assist it. They've hijacked it.

And to those talking about how we are losers who have won only 1 flag in 100 years - how long do you think it would take Gold Coast to win a flag if they didn't get a head start. No draft and no salary cap either to even it up?
We started as a junior club and sort of 'fell' into the big league. We worked our way up, for years, and eventually after copping belting after belting - took the ultimate prize. Some say we're a failure - I say to come from where we were to win a flag, and then still over 100 years later be a strongly competitive club with over 30,000 members is an incredible achievement.

I'd like to see how Port would be now if not for assistance. Assistance we have never received. Freo ditto (well, bad example!), West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane etc.

We didn't get any favours - and never have.

So please don't give me this 'we need to fix the comp to help Gold Coast be competitive' crap then in the same breath poke shiit at us for only having 1 flag in 100 years.

We did it the hard way.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Also, I'm not outright saying there is an agenda speficially against us.

What I believe, is that when a decision is made by the AFL - we get the rough end more often than not because we aren't important to them.

To those who say 'the umpires are independant', you're simply morons.

We are also universally disliked my most football followers.

Umpires, and footy bosses are all football followers remember. This doesn't change once they get a job at the AFL. It actually gets worse. The only thing that comes between their parochialism for 'their' clubs - is money.

We don't benefit from either stance.

Seriously, a 'lowly' Melbourne club like us doesn't mean shiit to the AFL. They want less Melbourne clubs for a start.

They need at least one of the WA clubs getting big crowds, ditto SA (to an extent) but right now - particularly Sydney and Brisbane need to be generating support and interest. The AFL will lean things in their favour.

I don't think we are in particular targeted. However, if a decision needs to be made between us and an interstate club, or a more 'powerful' club it's obvious which way they will go.

If the footy world is up in arms about something (Sirengate for example), and a decision needs to be made - it will go in the favour of the club or situation that suits the AFL best. That more often than not - is not us.

If they need to make an example of a player at the tribunal, and they have 2 similar cases - our guy will cop it. It means far less to them.

However, if we were playing North in a GF and a controversial decision needed to be made - we'd probably get the good end in that case.

It's a fact. The AFL is a sham. It's hilarious that people don't see this.

JeffDunne

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
stinger wrote:

its just st kilda.

let the rest rot.

You see, this is the difference.

Those in this thread cheering for the AFL - support the AFL. The league. They are the one's who you hear say 'it's good for the game'.

I don't agree.

I don't sit at home watching a neutral game and think 'gee this is good for football' or 'gee they should change the rules because this game isn't a great spectacle for the fans'. I sit there thinking 'how is this result going to impact the Saints' or 'can these teams match us'.

I follow the Saints. I don't care whether or not we play in million dollar stadiums, in front of huge crowds, and the players are fitter and more skillful than ever. I couldn't give a shiit.

I'd follow the Saints if we played at Mackie Rd Reserve on a Saturday arvo in front of 50 old men and their dogs. I don't care whether the wingman can outrun the beep test or has a vertical leap of 16ft. It's about the Saints - not the AFL. Those who think differently have been duped.

The AFL to me, gets in the way of footy. They don't assist it. They've hijacked it.

And to those talking about how we are losers who have won only 1 flag in 100 years - how long do you think it would take Gold Coast to win a flag if they didn't get a head start. No draft and no salary cap either to even it up?
We started as a junior club and sort of 'fell' into the big league. We worked our way up, for years, and eventually after copping belting after belting - took the ultimate prize. Some say we're a failure - I say to come from where we were to win a flag, and then still over 100 years later be a strongly competitive club with over 30,000 members is an incredible achievement.

I'd like to see how Port would be now if not for assistance. Assistance we have never received. Freo ditto (well, bad example!), West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane etc.

We didn't get any favours - and never have.

So please don't give me this 'we need to fix the comp to help Gold Coast be competitive' crap then in the same breath poke shiit at us for only having 1 flag in 100 years.

We did it the hard way.
All good points Rodge... pre modern era, I guess it was all a bit like the premier league is now, what hope anyone outside the top 4 clubs?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Anyway after all that, I suggest people grab a DVD of the WCE game and look how we lost it..the umpiring was substandard, but our play was not of a team aiming for finals footy, a team effort wins, not the efforts of four of five players. WCE has team of goers, we had a few who tried hard and most went missing.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

As a matter of fact, "Stinger" I do go to the football, and i take my son and we sit and cheer the saints. My mum has passed away and I have no blanket or tea, but sometimes wear a saints beanie.
I'm not sure what you were suggesting. Perhaps u don't go to the football at all. i have been a member since Morabbin days, and my son is a 4th generation sainter.
You all say stuff the AFL, but i wonder if u would still support the saints if we were in the amateurs or only VFL level.
You are just a whinging pain, a complainer that blames the world and wallows in self pity. I don't give a damn about your opinion of me, or your opinions of anything. Keep your sneering to yourself.
There may have been injustices and inequitabilities in the AFL, as there are in life. Umpires show bias, the AFL favours power and growth areas. And you do what about it? A whining crusade? I'm sure they are trembling in the AFL offices. So what good to you do?
You are just a loathsome boring paranoid complainer. Try and put one tenth of your energy that you waste trashing Demetriou to SUPPORTING the saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:As a matter of fact, "Stinger" I do go to the football, and i take my son and we sit and cheer the saints. My mum has passed away and I have no blanket or tea, but sometimes wear a saints beanie.
I'm not sure what you were suggesting. Perhaps u don't go to the football at all. i have been a member since Morabbin days, and my son is a 4th generation sainter.
You all say stuff the AFL, but i wonder if u would still support the saints if we were in the amateurs or only VFL level.
You are just a whinging pain, a complainer that blames the world and wallows in self pity. I don't give a damn about your opinion of me, or your opinions of anything. Keep your sneering to yourself.
There may have been injustices and inequitabilities in the AFL, as there are in life. Umpires show bias, the AFL favours power and growth areas. And you do what about it? A whining crusade? I'm sure they are trembling in the AFL offices. So what good to you do?
You are just a loathsome boring paranoid complainer. Try and put one tenth of your energy that you waste trashing Demetriou to SUPPORTING the saints.

i stick by my earlier comments you wanker.......i have supported the saints since the fifties at the junction oval..in fact i used to sit next to the then secretary and do the stats for him from when i was about 15 years old.....not that it's any of your business.....and i am still a paid up social club member to boot for what it's worth.....and you can take your advice and shove it where the sun don't shine...

long term saints supporter my arse....you sign on here about a month ago and expect me to believe that ...ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...your either an afl stooge or a carscum troll..morew likely....anyway .in any event.you're a pain in the arse.... f w.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

what good do i do pointing out the afl's corruption, you ask??????....well i obviously upset clowns like you and plugga ...which is a pretty good start as far as i'm concerned....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

don't answer them FOR ME... answer them for the rest of the forum who are sick to death of your mindless defence of everything AFL.

Interesting to note:

Stkilda get screwed over, it effects their end of season ladder result = losers if they complaign

sydney get screwed by 1 point, yes one point, and reserve the right to ask for the result to be change = great club doing the right thing by their players and supporters....

hmmmmm

yes we are a bunch of losers hey???
No but you are.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

don't feed the troll....

Saints in 20??
Club Player

like i give a s*** what you believe stinger?
i dont have to convince you of anything. I am a member and supporter, y while you are a big member and a complainer.
Being on saintsational gives you credibility as a supporter? I have been on here only recently, but so what? Ive had to enjoy less exposure to your whinging, you sad, boring little man.
Wherever one goes in life there are sad sacks like you continously bleating "poor me", moaning "the AFL hates us". Thank christ we have dopes like you, the crying Jan Brady middle child.
peddle your pessimism and cynicism somewhere else granpa.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Living in WA is painful...why? here is the general intelligence level of a West Coast supporter. Taken from the comments on an article on Perthnow.com.au

"
This win is especially significant because, 18 West Coast Eagles beat 18 Saints and 3 umpires. Does anybody know if any AFL umpires have a IQ above 50?

Posted by: Jay Ar of Carnarvon 6:26pm July 26, 2008
Comment 9 of 120

"

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:like i give a s*** what you believe stinger?
i dont have to convince you of anything. I am a member and supporter, y while you are a big member and a complainer.
Being on saintsational gives you credibility as a supporter? I have been on here only recently, but so what? Ive had to enjoy less exposure to your whinging, you sad, boring little man.
Wherever one goes in life there are sad sacks like you continously bleating "poor me", moaning "the AFL hates us". Thank christ we have dopes like you, the crying Jan Brady middle child.

flower off troll.....yawn..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

only a nerd would understand your middle child crack....means f*** all to me wanker.....

Griggsy
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

only a nerd would understand your middle child crack....means f*** all to me wanker.....
you have to be a nerd to know the brady bunch :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
stinger wrote:

you have to be a nerd to know the brady bunch :shock:
\
i don't know...might help......i don't know them.....never watch sh!t shows......this guy's a nerd though......and he must watch the show.....because the characters mean f*** all to me.....

Saints in 20??
Club Player

You say "flower off'' and you wave your long history of posting on football forums with pride and you call others nerds?
i think a troll is more likely to be the type that whines whinges complains and moans. You have proved the adage "you are not paranoid if everyone hates you" more than the AFL's treatment of StKilda
I know your type, the self appointed moaner, the type everyone hates at school and since.
Some come on here to support the saints, some to criticise, some, like you, to be an asshole.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:You say "flower off'' and you wave your long history of posting on football forums with pride and you call others nerds?
i think a troll is more likely to be the type that whines whinges complains and moans. You have proved the adage "you are not paranoid if everyone hates you" more than the AFL's treatment of StKilda
I know your type, the self appointed moaner, the type everyone hates at school and since.
Some come on here to support the saints, some to criticise, some, like you, to be an asshole.
......you know what flower off means don't you scumbag....then......flower off back to talking crap, troll... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

...you obviously know sh!t about anything ffs..... :roll: :roll:

...."you wave your long history of posting on football forums with pride "

......just point out where i did that numbnuts..... :roll: :roll:

Saints in 20??
Club Player

long term saints supporter my arse....you sign on here about a month ago and expect me to believe that ...ffs....
QED asshole

Saints in 20??
Club Player

almost 14,000 opinions so far.
How pathetic are you?
And yet the great AFL conspiracy still stands in the face of your withering complaints?