Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Plugger would it matter with you what people posted?

You'd still find some contrary position regardless. Especially to those that have made you look like a f/wit recently (although you do a pretty good job on your own).

Maybe you could do me a favour though and take your head out of your arse for 5 seconds and read some of the other issues I've posted on tonight - i.e. players :roll:

I know you get off on taking the "Mary" position, but FFS could you stop stalking me?

Teffers will get jealous. :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:And Im pretty sure this is the first time all season I've called shenanigans on the umpires, usually I say the are bad or incompetent, but today the outcome between two sides was decided by the umpires poor decision making.

the maggots were f****** cheats....plain and simple...no use beating around the bush..........disgraceful performance.....
Why would they cheat you very angry man.

starsign
Club Player

Even RL thinks the umpires were the difference.....
"I'm loath to offer excuses because I thought they were in the end the better team on the day," Lyon said.

think about it ....he obviously can't come out and say it , but what else other than the 3rd team out there could bring this about?

one thing though it became quickly clear they were dinamite agaist US for touching the back. Astute coaching and/or player mentality would tell you to cut it out....but no we particularly those repeay offenders (Fiora for 1), and the umpires kept the charade up for 4 bloody quarters
Also there were also too many undisciplinrd frees given away by our blokes

Hell they can take it as a given that the mindless idiots get influenced by the howling crowds at WA and in Adelaide It shouldn't BE the case but you gotta use your smarts and be very careful and not let endeavour and inthusiasm cause infringements that help throwing fuel on this fire

We can whinge all we like , but it aint gunna stop it ....the only hope is to try and restrict it by our own actions unfortunately

Make any sense to anyone?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

whinge whinge

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

blaming the umps is the scourge of the desperate supporter. noone mentions the umps when we win and lo and behold when we win the other supporters blame the umps.

the fact is if you are second to the ball and kick to the opposition, always behind and dont have you head over the ball you tend to give away more frees. which is the same reason you are losing in the first place. they are the same side of the coin.

2nd in - when you dont want to win your own hard ball. you lose the game and you give away frees.

blaming the umps is a crutch.

BallBanger
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:blaming the umps is the scourge of the desperate supporter. noone mentions the umps when we win and lo and behold when we win the other supporters blame the umps.

the fact is if you are second to the ball and kick to the opposition, always behind and dont have you head over the ball you tend to give away more frees. which is the same reason you are losing in the first place. they are the same side of the coin.

2nd in - when you dont want to win your own hard ball. you lose the game and you give away frees.

Your excuse is 2nd in and you get the bad end....ffs does this mean 2 scoring shots less equates to 1/3 of frees. Glad we did not lose by 60pts

I'm not saying it has to or not but it has nothing to do with your feebvle argument

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It is often said the Saints struggle with contested footy and this was shown to be true against the Weagles.....

The only way to fix some of these deficiencies is to have a decent clean out at years end......

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:blaming the umps is the scourge of the desperate supporter. noone mentions the umps when we win and lo and behold when we win the other supporters blame the umps.

Your excuse is 2nd in and you get the bad end....ffs does this mean 2 scoring shots less equates to 1/3 of frees. Glad we did not lose by 60pts

I'm not saying it has to or not but it has nothing to do with your feebvle argument
Agree with you 100% Con. Funny how we've had no threads about how crappy the umpiring's been in the previous four weeks.
If we were good enough we would have won. Simple.
Blaming the umps and ranting about how they cheat is just reactionary crap in response to losing.

Mooksy
Club Player

Re: Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop

brown-coat wrote:Or am i paranoid.

Interesting umpiring?
Nah you're right. You are just paranoid.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

I will make no excuses for the shitty way we played, but hell after quarter time we got three free kicks in three quarters
Ill say that again 3 free kicks in 3 quarters, compared to about 26 against
Feels like the prelim agst Port to me.

ststevos

never would happen

how can u finish 4th

if you do not make top 8

cmon sainters

our time is now to make the 8

not to choke

like on the weekend, such a bloody disgrace
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop

Mooksy wrote:
brown-coat wrote:Or am i paranoid.

Interesting umpiring?
Nah you're right. You are just paranoid.
Oh ok.

/end of thread.

JeffDunne

JeffDunne wrote:What's the bet Didak gets off for a jumper punch too? :roll:
I hate to quote myself, but I'd simply like to highlight to the AFL's apologists how predictable this rorting has become.

It sickens me we constantly put up with this crap.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bulls***, ask a few of us and we will tell you that most of the shockers happen when we actually win. Hell I get upset when I'm enjoying a good contest between two sides not contected to the saints and the umpires ruin the game.

Once again I will point out to the simplitons, one thread on umpires, 2 dozen or more on the coaches and players.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:And Im pretty sure this is the first time all season I've called shenanigans on the umpires, usually I say the are bad or incompetent, but today the outcome between two sides was decided by the umpires poor decision making.

the maggots were f****** cheats....plain and simple...no use beating around the bush..........disgraceful performance.....

i don't know...you tell me troll....maybe the 7 to 1 odds?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Plugger would it matter with you what people posted?

You'd still find some contrary position regardless. Especially to those that have made you look like a f/wit recently (although you do a pretty good job on your own).

Maybe you could do me a favour though and take your head out of your arse for 5 seconds and read some of the other issues I've posted on tonight - i.e. players :roll:

I know you get off on taking the "Mary" position, but FFS could you stop stalking me?

Teffers will get jealous. :lol:
:lol:

St Kilda cost itself the game. The umps merely facilitated but we own the loss. Funny what you learn about people after a loss....some must go through life with everything being "the other guys" fault.....and that brings us to jeff... :wink:

BTW umpiring was atrocious but thats beside the point (wanted that last bit in to get the "feel" of a Dodgy post,......where you post one thing and close with another....quite refreshing really....)

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

i don't know...you tell me troll....maybe the 7 to 1 odds?????
At least you are consistant. Another stupid post. Yep they bet on WCE. The tribunal bet on Collingwood. The commentators just hate the Saints. How about a sensible answer.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Walls thinks we're pathetic.

Patrick Smith clearly has issues with the Saints.

John Elliott thought we were a rabble.

Trevor Grant thinks we a 'pathetic excuse for a football club'.

I could go on. And on. And on.

Now these humans are not in positions of influence officially within the AFL. But to think this widespread contempt and in some cases, hatred of St Kilda, suddenly ceases at the doors of AFL - is really quite naive.

Everyone hates the Saints. My mates can't stand us. We're pathetic in their eyes and simply take up a spot in the AFL and waste everyone's time.

To think that people at the AFL in positions of influence are completely neutral in terms of their support is incredibly naive. The only overriding factor to them, is money. So in that sense, we're probably even lower on their scale of importance and relevance.

The question is, would this effect their decision making?

My answer is, of course it would.

It's not a conspiracy theory - it's a pretty blatant fact that the AFL is not a competition wher the best team wins. It's a business. It's a business designed to make money.

Decisions are made based solely on that.

I simply cannot see how anyone can dispute that.

And anyone who believes the 'umpires and the tribunal are an independant body' garbage and that the AFL has nothing to do with their decisions - is a fool. Or very naive.

So in summary, we are despised by the football. This does not cease beyond footy forums and national newspapers.
We are not an important player in the AFL.

Therefore, we cop shiit. Therefore, teams that the AFL 'needs to be successful' get looked after.

I really cannot see how anyone can argue against this.

And I'm perplexed that people are surprised by it.

JeffDunne

plugger66 wrote:Why would they cheat you very angry man.
Why would an umpire cheat?

Nah, it could never happen could it plugger?

Not in this day-and-age. Nah, not possible.

Breaking news out of New York :
NEW YORK (AP)—A federal judge in Brooklyn has sentenced former NBA referee Tim Donaghy to 15 months in prison for taking payoffs from a professional gambler for inside tips on games.

Donaghy’s sentencing closes a chapter in a scandal that rocked the NBA. Donaghy could have received up to 33 months at his sentencing Tuesday.

The league has angrily denied Donaghy’s claim that corruption among referees runs deeper than one bad referee.

Donaghy pleaded guilty last August to conspiracy to engage in wire fraud and transmitting betting information through interstate commerce.

Last week, two of Donaghy’s former high school classmates were sentenced to over a year in prison for their roles in the scheme.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

Jesus and i thought i was cynical.
I am not sure why anybody would bother with the AFL if they consider it so corrupt that there is an ingrained hatred against st kilda.
I have heard a few conspiracy theories, but the widespread paranoia of them against us is far- fetched. Altho I was horrified by the umpiring against west coast i see it as an isolated incident, a hometime ump being influenced by the crowd, not as part of a concerted bias.
Reading most of these posts, I would find it hilarious, if it wasn't so pathetic. i think you should compare the AFL to premier league soccer where money DOES rule all and whoever has the most money wins or Italian soccer and its corruption.
The Salary Cap and draft system make this the most equitable competition in the world, in which the wealthier clubs only have the advantage in spending more money on football departments.
So stop the whining and the inferiority complex, that marks some supporters and posters as losers.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:Jesus and i thought i was cynical.
I am not sure why anybody would bother with the AFL if they consider it so corrupt that there is an ingrained hatred against st kilda.
That's why most don't bother with the AFL. The only reason many have any interest at all is that they were born a Saint.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote: The Salary Cap and draft system make this the most equitable competition in the world, in which the wealthier clubs only have the advantage in spending more money on football departments.
What frogshyt.

A salary cap which some teams have different to others.

A draft which also has a bizarre 'father son' rule included.

All this with a 'draw' that isn't 'drawn' at all - it's calculated based on revenue.

To say the AFL is equitable is simply laughable.

Seriously, it's no wonder Demetriou still has a job when people like you think the way you do.

It's the most corrupt, integrity-less competition in world sport - maybe behind the World Cup. Just.

JeffDunne

Anyone who thinks the AFL isn't driven by money has been seriously conned.

There's no great conspiracy.

Your importance in the league is inextricably linked to the amount of dollars you bring into the league.

The AFL even admits it. The draw, West Sydney vs Tasmania, simply listen to their rational.

Why would anyone argue any different when the AFL themselves admit it? :?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Not to mention the so called "blockbusters", and other annual games that are sacrosacnt because they want big crowds.

Ess and Pies could be 15th and 16th, but will still draw the crowd and ratings, so they become untouchable.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:I will make no excuses for the shitty way we played, but hell after quarter time we got three free kicks in three quarters
Ill say that again 3 free kicks in 3 quarters, compared to about 26 against
Feels like the prelim agst Port to me.
most of the free kicks againast the saints were deserved.

the saints played terrible. Nothing went right.