PORT's injuries

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

PORT's injuries

We need all the luck we can get!!

i want some more of their players to fall over during the week so we can get a good win and win hard

Tredrea and Salopek are out of the season from last weeks game, it also Looks like Chaplin ( a good candidate for Roo) will miss also

This comes with good news that Peter Burgoyne has a club imposed suspension and Chad Cornes also out

Port's tall forwards are all out- If we can stop some of their smaller players we will win. Westhoff isnt that dangerous i think Blake will play on him which means we can still have plenty of run

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Last week we were beaten by what many called a WAFL standard side.

This week we will be playing what many would call a SANFL standard side !!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

They're more a chance of beating us with SANFL side than their AFL side.

It's all in the head, ours, that is.

Batnoe

last week although i dont like to lose needed to happen,

we will regroup and they wont want to be demorlised like that again- or at least i hope so

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:last week although i dont like to lose needed to happen,

we will regroup and they wont want to be demorlised like that again- or at least i hope so
needed to happen

:roll: :roll:

:twisted: :twisted:

saint4life
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If we cant win this game pack up and forget 08 IMO.

For all we haver to play for, at home against a side chasing a bit of pride we lose and we simply aint up to it and should turn our focus to list management/attitude issues.

Was so p!ssed off last week - to see us blow that chance and watch the results go our way later....pfft..

We take our chances and anything can happen....who knows....in a weird way...maybe the kick up the @ss we need heading towards finals...

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If, on our own dungheap, our season on the line and and after recieving the mother of all wake up calls last week, cannot beat a Port side missing at the very least Tredrea, Kane Cornes, Salopek and Peter Burgoyne....hmmm...I think there migh be tears ater the game..even from this "rose coloured glasses" supporter

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I think you'll find Burgoyne will be back for this game. And unless we can stop their run, we may be expsoed yet AGAIN. Need some speed in our midfield.

derby Street
Club Player

The very reason we should be sh#tting ourselves - lose the winnable and sometimes (?) sneak a win against the odds !

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Speed is a relative thing, did we look slow against Hawthorn, North or Carlton.

No because we moved the ball quickly and that's what generates real speed, remember, Geelong with the exception of Wojinski, is not blessed with super fast players, they just move the ball quickly and precisely by hand and foot.

By doing that they look fast, but in reality, they move the ball fast before the opposition can catch them.

Club Player

i wish we were playing geelong every game till the finals. this is bulls***, we need ask for the best the hardest each week, who are we??

Winmarvellous
Club Player

But we can't kick, so we need quick ball carriers to get the job done (ala Gram, Montagna). It's pretty obvious we are one of the worst teams in the competition when it comes to disposal, it's only our ability to get the ball that keeps us in games. The majority of our list is sadly lacking in precise kicking skills (Goddard, Dal Santo being the two most obvious exceptions).

4ever_saint
Club Player

will be an interesting challenge this week.

they will either come out with the exact same momentum they had last week, fumbling, lacking pressure- our first half of season 2008 form.

that or we will absolutely rip them to shreds to regain the respect we had a week ago.

our finals plight is in our hands. lets hope, back at the dome, they can prove that they are not completely mentally fragile and useless.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:But we can't kick, so we need quick ball carriers to get the job done (ala Gram, Montagna). It's pretty obvious we are one of the worst teams in the competition when it comes to disposal, it's only our ability to get the ball that keeps us in games. The majority of our list is sadly lacking in precise kicking skills (Goddard, Dal Santo being the two most obvious exceptions).
Good points...can these deficiencies be improved,if they were full time footballers you'd think they could work on skill weaknesses.....

Oh yeah,they are full time....so what are they doing with all that time they've got,GET out there and improve......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Batnoe

bobmurray wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:But we can't kick, so we need quick ball carriers to get the job done (ala Gram, Montagna). It's pretty obvious we are one of the worst teams in the competition when it comes to disposal, it's only our ability to get the ball that keeps us in games. The majority of our list is sadly lacking in precise kicking skills (Goddard, Dal Santo being the two most obvious exceptions).
Good points...can these deficiencies be improved,if they were full time footballers you'd think they could work on skill weaknesses.....

Oh yeah,they are full time....so what are they doing with all that time they've got,GET out there and improve......

I think instead of having half hour sessions doing no skills they do 7 hours of skills a week in training, from what i have heard they never do skills training just fitness

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good and succinct post.

It still amazes me that over time that footskills and pace have been so lacking in our cumulative drafting decisions.

Now yes you can draft someone for other reasons..and yes you can also still draft say a slow player who ticks the boxes in all the other areas....but the penny did not seem to drop over a long period that you cannot draft and trade to build a list where the majority of it has poor footskills with slow pace.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....