FIORA The very end

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

red1975

I think you guys have other problems other than Fiora. If you are that worried about him, trade him back home to Adelaide! I bet he will play better in a state where he will be welcomed and not made a scapegoat. You have to realise that it is a team game and not about individuals. Just admit it, you showed no ticker against a lesser side. You need to get rid of a dozen players not just one if you are going to be any good.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look I think it is fair enough to say that Fiora has had enough of a go...and that others may have greater upside.

No argument if some say want to argue that Geary should be played ue to apossible greater upside. However his game yesterday was by no means bad.....and by no means good.

His bagging this week is out of proportion with how he played.

Gram had 12 disposals with 88 % TOG

Armo 6 with 93 % TOG (which must be a record TOG for him)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

First of all..

Kos - have you seen a Casey game, or are you just writing about what you have read.....because Fiora did deserve a recall.....his last three games for Casey were very good...I saw them all.

2nd

Wallbanger - what was the soft insipid effort you can use as an example from Sats game????.....or are you just venting????......or is the fact that he did not play well....if so, why not a thread on Schnieder, Armitage, Montagna, C.Jones and a number of other shockers????

in reality, Fiora is an outside player, he is not strong over the footy....but then again he is <80kg...he DOES not lack courage, and anyone who thinks so is biased to the point of stupidity.....saying Aaron Fiora should not be in the team because he is not tough enough, is like saying Montagna should not be in the team because he does not take enough contested marks......that said, he is not doing enough damage with the reqiured part of his game - run, carry and disposal

I am not a Fiora lover......just do not agree with supporters bagging players, just because other supporters do!

Does a team require 18 Luke Balls to succeed??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the difference is we have tolerated fiora for 100 games and unlike the other names mentioned he has no upside. no improving . tolerating hacks like fiora is tolerating a culture of mediocrity and why we are further away than anyone from a flag.

as for trading him to adelaide, as IF any club would take him. thats a giggle.

makemytime
Club Player

fiora - how old is he now? i think he should be in his prime ... hard to tell, i haven't really seen him play as i didn't even focus on him in the hawks game

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Does a team require 18 Luke Balls to succeed??
Maybe 10 woulc be pretty good :lol:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

:idea: There you have it. Now I know why. The answer is obvious...

Sack Fiora and the flag is ours... guaranteed :roll:

Pyss poor match TBH. Don't put attackers in defence FFS.

Still, we need to have someone to blame, don't we?

Can't blame Armo (untouchable). Can't blame Gwilt (wasn't playing). Can't blame Dal (he was dropped, so everything is fine).

That said, he's gawn IMHO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I say it again, he is a fringe player.....and NO way was he responsibe for the loss....
I was at t he game, and God only knows why Ross was playing him on Le Cras. Fiona couldn't play defence if his life depended on it, and was directly responsible for at least 2 of his goals through bad checking. Needs to get the ass at years end. At least Gardi has a little upside, Fiora is a VFL player in the making! HE IS A JOKE!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He was weak as piss.

Pathetic in defence, and should've been moved elsewhre.

Thats lyons fault

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Re: FIORA The very end

aussiejones wrote:FIORA The very end............ just go
Agreed!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:the difference is we have tolerated fiora for 100 games and unlike the other names mentioned he has no upside. no improving . tolerating hacks like fiora is tolerating a culture of mediocrity and why we are further away than anyone from a flag.

as for trading him to adelaide, as IF any club would take him. thats a giggle.
Agree with what Con has written.
Mart I know that people look for scapegoats when bitterly disappointed as we all are after yesterday, but really, Fiora has had more than enough opportunities to prove he's worthy of a spot. He's had a very very long leash indeed and he constantly proves that he's not up to the mark, especially when we really need him to stand up.
Time for him to go. He's had a fair crack. For christ's sake play Geary or even Allen. Playing Fiora is flogging a dead horse.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you want me to get the stats on Geary's last game, Allen's last game, Armtage's last game, McEvoys last game....they all did FA, and were susequently dropped, but F*** they are the saviours....like Armo was Sat....fact is.....best play each week, regardless of age......

Armitage was WOEFUL yesterday....but has more upside :roll: how does upside win games....if he needs to learn, do so in the VFL....

Geary IS due a turn...good twos form, but he was very poor before he was dropped....remember that....

We do realise that LeCras can play a bit, and he recieved a few lace out passes.......but that is not the point....he did after all kick one on Fiora....

and he kicked three last time we played, should all of his opponents from last season be sacked - Winmarvellous

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

BigMart = Intelligence+

Upside and potential are useless unless fulfilled.

Let's just blame one guy for the loss. Never mind the tools upfield that allowed the turnovers in the first place :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you want me to get the stats on Geary's last game, Allen's last game, Armtage's last game, McEvoys last game....they all did FA, and were susequently dropped, but F*** they are the saviours....like Armo was Sat....fact is.....best play each week, regardless of age......

Armitage was WOEFUL yesterday....but has more upside :roll: how does upside win games....if he needs to learn, do so in the VFL....

Geary IS due a turn...good twos form, but he was very poor before he was dropped....remember that....

We do realise that LeCras can play a bit, and he recieved a few lace out passes.......but that is not the point....he did after all kick one on Fiora....

and he kicked three last time we played, should all of his opponents from last season be sacked - Winmarvellous
Mart I take your point about Fiora not being to blame for yesterday's loss. He wasn't the worst.
However....the difference between he and Armo, Geary, Allen, McEvoy etc is that those guys are all in the very early stages of their careers and have shown enough to suggest that they could be good long term players.
Fiora on the other hand has been in the AFL for something like 8 years, played 130 or so games and continues to perform poorly at senior level.
How long do you persist with him instead of a young up and comer?
I agree with you about not getting into reactionary scapegoating over one loss, but there's a difference between reactionary scapegoating and reasonable deduction that a player's not up to it based on years of evidence. Fiora has clearly demonstrated that he's not a player who offers much to the team and I reckon he should be toward the top of the discard list at the end of the year.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Call me a reactionary scapegoater, but I can thinks of a few that should go with him... even ahead of him.

IIRC that same was said aout blake and CJ.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Call me a reactionary scapegoater, but I can thinks of a few that should go with him... even ahead of him.

IIRC that same was said aout blake and CJ.
CJ is in the same boat as the other guys in the early stages of their careers. Older yes, but still new to this level and showing promise.
Blake has had legions of knockers, but he at least gives 110% and is versatile. Fiora on the other hand is the polar opposite of versatile. That was proven by yesterday's absurd attempt to turn him into a backman.
He's a one trick pony, has had plenty of chances to display his wares and continues to disappoint.

killa_gram
Club Player

This is not a reaction to the WC game, but I said it from day 1, we should never, ever have recruited him. Quite simply he is just not good enough. Aaron should go back to the SANFL and have a long career ala the Gowan twins. The SANFL is more Aaron's standard.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Good lord...

After a performance like the Saints put in on Saturday, the saintsational response is to get into Fiora? Fiora played an average game in a role he's not really suited to after Hudghton went down. He contested the ball okay, he tried to stay with his man on the lead... he was NOT the reason the Saints went down or even close to it.

To figure out why, take a look at:
Difference in clangers - 1 sided frees count has more than a little to do with this, but fan favorites like Sam Fisher had much more influence in losing us the game than even Gardiner (okay I may be stretching there). Despite what the stats say, I could swear I saw Nick Dal Santo have more than 1 clanger... and 5 Frees against to Schneider, including letting them out of defence with the game in the balance when we'd had good pressure in the 4th?

Plenty of garbage performances. As far as contribution to losing us the game goes, Fiora rates pretty low, and has a better excuse than most.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Good lord...

After a performance like the Saints put in on Saturday, the saintsational response is to get into Fiora? Fiora played an average game in a role he's not really suited to after Hudghton went down. He contested the ball okay, he tried to stay with his man on the lead... he was NOT the reason the Saints went down or even close to it.

To figure out why, take a look at:
Difference in clangers - 1 sided frees count has more than a little to do with this, but fan favorites like Sam Fisher had much more influence in losing us the game than even Gardiner (okay I may be stretching there). Despite what the stats say, I could swear I saw Nick Dal Santo have more than 1 clanger... and 5 Frees against to Schneider, including letting them out of defence with the game in the balance when we'd had good pressure in the 4th?

Plenty of garbage performances. As far as contribution to losing us the game goes, Fiora rates pretty low, and has a better excuse than most.
Bam!!! Agree that Fiora is not the reason we lost on Saturday.
But in assessing Fiora let's not confuse pointing the finger after one loss with years of opportunities to prove he's up to the mark and continually falling short. He's just not good enough to play AFL and offer our team value. Delist.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

And now, the end is near...
And so I face the final curtain.

My friends, I'll say it clear...
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I know, you want me gone...
But understand my massive burden.

The Tiges, they stuffed it up...
By making me a top 5 draft pick.

The truth has always been...
I'm just not good enough.

Frank Sinatra - you will not be forgotten!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Good games, I've had a few...
But then again too few to mention.

I did what the coach told me to do,
At 3/4 time, we were still in contention.

That pryck... La Crass was good.
He truned me in and out and sideways...

And although we all played shyt...

I'm just a scapegoat.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

For what is a Champ?
What has he got?
Some inside skills that I have not.

My left foot kicks seem to miss their mark.
Everytime I go near it, the supporters yell F***.

The whole world knows...
And my stats just show...

That's why I'm a s-c-a-p-e-g-o-a-t!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wayne. Excellent work.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

roden leaves richmond for the power and has a new lease on life and his footy is showing that.
fiora leaves and actually gets worse at the afl level.

he has to go.....

ststevos

what a star

typical st kilda approach

cmon sainters

our time is now to make the 8

not to choke

like on the weekend, such a bloody disgrace