A Grilling. from a pure saints supporter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

A Grilling. from a pure saints supporter

I'm seriously thinking about never coming on here again isn't our job as supporters to support these boys and not attack them when the chips are down

they are not super heroes and they all make mistakes and have a bad game every now and then don't hang them out to dry support them

and they feel more obliged to make us supporters happy more often they all want what we
want it's just harder to achieve then most think

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Everyone has a choice. If you don't like go somewhere else. Personally I reckon the team deserves all the crap the supporters throw at them after such a shocking performance

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ralphy you will learn that these things come in waves

first couple of days (1-2 more if it's a bad loss or one we expected to win) you will hear that the team is a bunch or lazy morons, the coaching staff lost it in a million ways, including in team selection.

about wednesday there is talk about the coming week, some will focus on turning the tide, others will take a last chance to take a swipe after the loss.

Thursday night comes, depending on the selected team and injuries there will be a improvement. Those with hope, those hoping they had hope.

Then come game day we all get excited and get behind the boys.

The cycle continues.....

For me yesterday hurts because the boys went back to their bad habits. Hopefully its a speed bump and not a car wreck. Big chance to get back on track. But they will need to have another month of good form for me to get back on the wagon.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Look everyone is gutted about this weeks game a game where we could have put our season right back on track but there were alot of things that went wrong yesterday and it wasn't just the players fault.
Coaching was appualling all day.
it started from when the team was picked.
Umpires were appaulling
players were below average.
However the abuse that the players recieve is appauling all the time. blaming certain players for losing a game is ridduclious football is a team sport not an indivdual sport so it's about time we start supporting the WHOLE TEAM not just picking and choosing.

Solar you are right things come in waves which is fine but the abuse the players cop is something that has to change.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:Look everyone is gutted about this weeks game a game where we could have put our season right back on track but there were alot of things that went wrong yesterday and it wasn't just the players fault.
Coaching was appualling all day.
it started from when the team was picked.
Umpires were appaulling
players were below average.
However the abuse that the players recieve is appauling all the time. blaming certain players for losing a game is ridduclious football is a team sport not an indivdual sport so it's about time we start supporting the WHOLE TEAM not just picking and choosing.

Solar you are right things come in waves which is fine but the abuse the players cop is something that has to change.
SWEET

THE WHOLE TEAM SUCK

if I see this team EVER get a game again I will scream!

Soft lazy and stupid.

Only hard men are the coaches but thats because they have rocks in their heads.....

on the other hand every week there is a group of players that play well, some play ok and others have shockers..... should we not play favs and just drop the whole lot of them?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
esaint66
SS Life Member

Many of us have poured much of our hard earnt over the years into our club's coffer and we deserve to have our opinions heard and where do supporters like us make our opinions heard ??? ........ In a supporter forum like this.

Many of us are majorly p1ssed off and embarresed about yesterday, but there is always next week and then ultimately next season, but belive me at this point in time im bloody hurting.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I doubt that there is a passionate supporter who isn't hurting after yesterday.

But the abuse on this forum is a wee bit over the top.

Ok,so we had a bad day. Happens to most teams.

Problem here is that the virtiol is saved for the "chosen" few players.

If a crap player plays crap, then we can say "oh well he's crap" and not expect much.

but if a top 12 player plays like crap, then that's ok... he had a bad day.

FFS, analiyze the game, discuss players, match ups, tactics etc.

But this crap about players being soft, a disgrace, etc is an insult in the highest order.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintly_safes
Club Player

woke this morning feeling nearly as bad as last night no it wasnt a bad dream, listened to the Port Freo game on the radio sides that we play in the next 2 weeks & from what I the commentators were saying both sides were pretty slick will really need to knuckle down & focus on Port coz it will make or break our season win & were back on track lose & were pushing sh-- up hill & travelling back to Subi low on confidence & almost season over, but if we can get it together & have a good game againt Port get a bit of momentum happening then you never know what might happen from there but next week is crucial to our finals campaign

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Re: A Grilling. from a pure saints supporter

ralphysaints35 wrote:I'm seriously thinking about never coming on here again isn't our job as supporters to support these boys and not attack them when the chips are down

they are not super heroes and they all make mistakes and have a bad game every now and then don't hang them out to dry support them

and they feel more obliged to make us supporters happy more often they all want what we
Dude, a little punctuation wouldn't do any harm.

By the way, not all people were hanging s*** on the team... Before the third quarter had ended I had an argument on here with some guy who said we were completely screwed (despite even scores).

twirlyhair
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:I'm seriously thinking about never coming on here again isn't our job as supporters to support these boys and not attack them when the chips are down

Ralphy...you will soon one day realise that as supporters we dont owe the players any more than fair support and encouragement. These players, and coaches and board members will come and go. And we the paying members will remain. Don't forget that these players are on big money as are the coaches. We have the right to demand success and in my mind, if we fail to do this, we are doing more damage to our own club than good.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I agree! As a paying husband for 10 years, I was just telling my wife that I have the right to demand sex.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints in 20??
Club Player

I agree! As a paying husband for 10 years, I was just telling my wife that I have the right to demand sex.
Obviously you haven't read your wife's thread complaining about your past poor performances.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The chips are down because of these boys so sometimes criticism can be a healthy thing.
Nothing is achieved by never taking off the rose colored glasses and supporting mediocrity, if you want that best you go somewhere else.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:
Obviously you haven't read your wife's thread complaining about your past poor performances.
Now that is gold Jerry. :lol: :lol:

Saints in 20??
Club Player

Thanks fireman!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

do what i do...i don't read most of the crap bagging true...i said true...saints players....those that bleed for the club have my total support....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.