Enough of the negativity!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Enough of the negativity!!

It's amazing how downcast people get after a loss. Sure, it was a shocking game on our part, but please LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE! We're still in the eight and even if results don't go our way this weekend, we'll only be a game out.

We have a great draw coming home and I still don't think there is any doubt that we will be involved in September action. All of this talk about top four was rubbish and even if we had managed to SOMEHOW scrape in there, we'd be up against Geelong in week one which is a loss msot times.

Provided we can steady the ship, and hopefully play a final in Melbourne, I think we can still ruffle some feathers. It really frustrates me when the doubters come out after a loss.

Go Saints.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

as long as we NEVER have to play interstate, against interstate teams.. (like the filth don't have to) we'll be fine.

JeffDunne

What's the worth of a 'great draw' if you lack effort?

midas_touch
Club Player

Spot on there. Gotta keep our chins up, still 5 weeks of footy left which is still a very long time, as the situation we were in 5 weeks ago (round 12) shows. One lesson we can gain from this is to take each game as it comes, and to respect our opponent on match day.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Usually in losses there are some positives. Today I struggle to find any.

We just cost ourselves a almost certain place in the eight and a decent chance at the top four. We didn't stand up when we most needed to. We were soft, effortless and most of all passionless. Thats the most disappointing thing coming off our best win in a few years (IMO).

I think we're all shell shocked and can't believe it.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I'm not saying our season is over, but we are worthy of criticism after today's effort.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
kalsaint
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:What's the worth of a 'great draw' if you lack effort?
This quote is right on the money. Do care whre the venue is, we wont be competitive while winning 1-2 quarters of footy.

This happened today against paltry opposition. Imagine what might happen in finals if this aspect doesn't change. Win 0 or 1 final and whimp out again.

Players heads are just not screwed on properly in mine mind.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Griggsy
SS Life Member

the boys will be hurting after this, all us supporters need to get behind them and show them we still love them.

kalsaint
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:the boys will be hurting after this, all us supporters need to get behind them and show them we still love them.
I agree but h hurt doesn't seem to lat more than 4-7 days. If this occurs I would say we had the passion and would see 4 quarters of footy played occasionally on one day rather than over 2-3 weeks.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
howlinwolf
Club Player

This hurts big time but in today's footy less than 100% will end up in a loss every time.
Freo should have beaten Geelong earlier in the season.
Essendon have beaten Collingwood easily today.
Collingwood beat Geelong by 87 points !!!!
Like to see them do that again.

They call them upsets but in reality teams are closer than we think and maximum effort is required to win.

We didn't have this today.

Couple that to the fact the Eagles were playing at home with 10 PREMIERSHIP players, possibly a favorable run with the umpires and we lose.

It's not the end of the world. It's a hiccough !

Gehrigs_son
Club Player

Re: Enough of the negativity!!

RedWhiteBlack wrote:It's amazing how downcast people get after a loss. Sure, it was a shocking game on our part, but please LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE! We're still in the eight and even if results don't go our way this weekend, we'll only be a game out.

We have a great draw coming home and I still don't think there is any doubt that we will be involved in September action. All of this talk about top four was rubbish and even if we had managed to SOMEHOW scrape in there, we'd be up against Geelong in week one which is a loss msot times.

Provided we can steady the ship, and hopefully play a final in Melbourne, I think we can still ruffle some feathers. It really frustrates me when the doubters come out after a loss.

Go Saints.
QUIET!!!!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I agree, mediocrity should be embraced.

I mean, hey, if we finish 8th - that's worth throwing a party for?

:roll:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Game was lost at the selection table. As soon as we lost Kosi to the BS the tribunal put up, then we had to bring either or both Chick or Woody or both in. Gardi is not a key forward and only managed it in his prime due to his reasonable mobility of which he has very little now plus i don't think he can catch anymore. He may be able to rest there and just crunch the packs but nothing more than that should be asked of him. Our form turn around was due to have 2 tall key marking forwards and we simply didn't select that this week. My Fwd line would have read F - Gardi, Woody, Milne HF - CJ, Roo and Schnider. We made it far too easy for WCE backs because we onlty had one marking target up forward.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.