Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:it was a conspiracy..i mean the saints showed up to play, were simply awesome but the umps f***ed it for us.

FFS stop deflecting the blame away from a terrible display of football.

fickle lot.
Stats dont lie. Close game 29 free kicks to 10.

I agree that we played like dogs bollocks but the poor performance of the whistle BLOWERS (AGAIN) had to make even the slightest differance, and if it did they didnt do their jobs properly

BANG BANG
I must check the rules. yep just did frees dont have to be level.
Who is saying they are?

The umpires make mistakes they are (probably) human after all but if 1 team gets 3 times the amount of free kicks as another it seems a little strange

BANG BANG
Only saw the second half but looked OK to me and that is when they got most of the frees. Amazing if you are in first you get looked after.
Fair enough, but listening to it on radio the commentators mentioned they got a few lucky ones. Only going on what I know and what I heard on radio.

29-10 is a big gap and as biased as the SEN team sounded to my ears they mentioned West Coast reciving the rub of the green and a few lucky freebies

BANG BANG
I agree its lucky but blaming the umpires is a disservice to our pathetic attempt to grab 4th spot.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:it was a conspiracy..i mean the saints showed up to play, were simply awesome but the umps f***ed it for us.

fickle lot.

I agree that we played like dogs bollocks but the poor performance of the whistle BLOWERS (AGAIN) had to make even the slightest differance, and if it did they didnt do their jobs properly

BANG BANG
Who is saying they are?

The umpires make mistakes they are (probably) human after all but if 1 team gets 3 times the amount of free kicks as another it seems a little strange

BANG BANG
Only saw the second half but looked OK to me and that is when they got most of the frees. Amazing if you are in first you get looked after.
Fair enough, but listening to it on radio the commentators mentioned they got a few lucky ones. Only going on what I know and what I heard on radio.

29-10 is a big gap and as biased as the SEN team sounded to my ears they mentioned West Coast reciving the rub of the green and a few lucky freebies

BANG BANG
I agree its lucky but blaming the umpires is a disservice to our pathetic attempt to grab 4th spot.
Agree 100% that the umps were not to blame in the slightest for the loss. Its the players and the coaching staffs total fault for that shitty performance.

But it must be frustrating for the players (it bloody well is for me) and sure as hell doesnt make the job any easier when the opposition keeps getting freebies especially in front of goals, ESPECIALLY if those freebies happen to be slightly dodgy

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stkilda threatens for Top 4, AFL steps in to put a stop

brown-coat wrote:Or am i paranoid.

Interesting umpiring?

...no you are not paranoid....chalk up another win for the maggots........what was the final free kick count....35 to 9 .....or something like that......ffs...it's not the frees that the west coast got...it's more of a case of the ones we didn't.......grind a saints player into the ground..it's holding the ball.......a saints player gets infringed...and he's playing for a free ffs......a good saints tackle results in a free for in the back.......and you could just about commit buggery on roo on the ground and get away with it ffs......i'm so mad ...i could actually throw up.....

...wasn't the only cause of our turnaround but....it started with kossi's silly jumper punch....bad kicking for goal doesn't help either....we should have been 7 to 8 goals ahead at 1/4 time.....we gave the miserably sh!ts a sniff...that...and a little help from the maggots....was all they needed.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and at least i watched the match...before offering uniformed comment..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Sat 26 Jul 2008 8:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Both the umpiring, and the commentary on Fox sports added insult in injury. Both were an utter disgrace.

yep....next time i see that little s*** shaw i'm going to give him a mouth full......little turd.....don't expect anything else from the western australian half -wits...but shaw was an absolute disgrace......

kalsaint
Club Player

Umpires were bad but not the reason for the loss.

We were watching a re-run of the fist 5 games of the season again, just against poorer opposition. This is the thing that blows my mind when we are finally showing resolve and team work ready to battle finals and we go soft.

If you are concnered about umpire decisions, get ready for another dose in 3 weeks against our perrenial Subi foes (ie Freo and umpires).

We had plenty of opportunities to bury the Weagles and just blew it (again). Bring in the pyschologists again I say. The heads need reading again if they are to be competitive.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

fickle lot.

BANG BANG

i'm heartly sick of your blind defence of those incomptent maggots..not that i exp[ect any difference.........week after week it's the same.........but your on the afl payroll aren't you.....??????if not ...you should ask for money for defending the pr!cks week after week..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

fickle lot.

BANG BANG
Who is saying they are?

BANG BANG

typical....you don't watch the game...but defend the maggots blindly anyway.......untill you have watched the game...i suggest you stfu......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Sat 26 Jul 2008 8:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

stinger, it's pretty clear he's nothing but a troll.

I'm sure he gets off after every loss.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:stinger, it's pretty clear he's nothing but a troll.

yeah......i woke up to that some time ago...but he still has a habit of sucking pple in.......... :oops:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

the only reason umpiring was bad is because of the inconsistency, if you call it for one team call it for the other aswell. i wouldnt care if it was more like 10-15 or even 57-50 as long as its consistent.

The players let that get to them, if we stuck to our style of game we would have won no matter had bad the umps, lack of dicipline showed in the final minutes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:the only reason umpiring was bad is because of the inconsistency, if you call it for one team call it for the other aswell. i wouldnt care if it was more like 10-15 or even 57-50 as long as its consistent.

which is what i said ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

We gave away way too many undisciplined stupid frees, simple as that.

The umpires missed similar ones when the Eagles infringed but blaming anyone but an insipid big headed team is plain stupid.

oh when
Club Player

We did not take our chances in the first qtr and we kept WC in the game - and when they doubled up on Roo the pressure comes back on to others in the team who do not handle it very well at all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:We gave away way too many undisciplined stupid frees, simple as that.

The umpires missed similar ones when the Eagles infringed but blaming anyone but an insipid big headed team is plain stupid.
...bad days happen....same as sh!t happens......and
we were bad.

but
'

..the maggots were worse....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oh when wrote:We did not take our chances in the first qtr and we kept WC in the game - and when they doubled up on Roo the pressure comes back on to others in the team who do not handle it very well at all.

yep.... :cry:

BallBanger
Club Player

no doubt the soft ones were paid one way....

I call this cheating

Umps hate this. A bit like calling a drunk - a drunk

Do the AFL ever look at the umpires performance when umpiring their own state/favourite side?
Or are they like plugger and say "they were there" without looking deeper into the softness of receipt for a particular team the umps follow/state from

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

we touch a player in the back = free kick

they actually sit on riewoldt = no free kick

INCREDIBLY inconsistent

I don't blame BJ for blowing his top, that was a rubbish decision against him and he knew it, the saints knew it, even the eagles knew it.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint05
Club Player

I take it it wasnt a good day at the office then :(

Was at work from all day, listening to it on SEN, BTW How does David Schwarz get work ill never know, i bet he has a St. Kilda voodoo doll the way he described us today.

1/4 Time= :D
1/2 Time= :)
3/4 Time= :?
4/4 Time= ????????

Strength through Loyality!
ace
Saintsational Legend

The umpires are only human, afterall corruption is a human trait.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bigred
Saintsational Legend

No excuse for losing. Ever.

But if I was paying money to go to a game, I would want to watch a fair contest. Not something overseen by simpletons who allow thier judgement to be obscured by crowd noise.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:...if I was paying money to go to a game, I would want to watch a fair contest. Not something overseen by simpletons who allow thier judgement to be obscured by crowd noise.
Happens in WA, all the time. Wait 'til the Freo game in a few weeks time, we'll get the chance to be gobsmacked by incompetance once again!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

And Im pretty sure this is the first time all season I've called shenanigans on the umpires, usually I say the are bad or incompetent, but today the outcome between two sides was decided by the umpires poor decision making.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:And Im pretty sure this is the first time all season I've called shenanigans on the umpires, usually I say the are bad or incompetent, but today the outcome between two sides was decided by the umpires poor decision making.

the maggots were f****** cheats....plain and simple...no use beating around the bush..........disgraceful performance.....

saintly_safes
Club Player

umpiring was the worst ive seen since the kelvin templeton 15 goal fiasco 30 odd years ago but we didnt help our selves by being reactive instead of proactive

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:stinger, it's pretty clear he's nothing but a troll.

What is clear is umpiring has no bearing on the game unless you have little idea. blame evryone but th players.