Blighty being Blighty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

Blighty being Blighty

I've just watched the replay today as we went to the game.

I think Blighty's outburst was inappropriate in that forum. If he feels aggrieved he should have vented at Butterss directly.
That rant doesn't do the Club any favours and none there now have any link to what happened then.
It is unfair of him to try and damage the StKilda of 2008.

I can't help but think some people thrive on stirring up "the St Kilda culture" theory.
Quarterbrain was enjoying Blighty's rant I reckon.

SQ is not a great commentator.
I loved hearing him say repeatedly how our season was on the line in the first half knowing what was about to be unleashed on his beloved Hawks.

Anyway, a typical contradictory quote from Mr Blight was ...

"I know it's not over but this is a great win by Stkilda"

Let me have a think about that for a while Malcolm.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

At least its out of his system now, he seemed to warm to us after half time, best part is its past now.

Before Im 85
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

blight is unfairly tarnished through all of this

if butters was anything close to professional this would have never come out...simple

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:blight is unfairly tarnished through all of this

if butters was anything close to professional this would have never come out...simple
Tarnished: YES

Unfairly ???????: There are still many questions that need to be answered by both Blight & Butterrs before we can conclude !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Blighty being Blighty

howlinwolf wrote:I think Blighty's outburst was inappropriate in that forum. If he feels aggrieved he should have vented at Butterss directly.
Why?

Butters brought it to the media forum so he responded in the media forum.

howlinwolf wrote:That rant doesn't do the Club any favours and none there now have any link to what happened then.
Of course it doesn't but I am pretty sure he doesn't give two hoots about it either.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Tarnished: YES

Unfairly ???????: There are still many questions that need to be answered by both Blight & Butterrs before we can conclude !!
Eastern, Saintspremiers did you used to read/post at the officail saints forum before bigpond took over the website?

Well I remember the weeks lead up to it, where there constant posts on the official saints forum (yes there used to be a official saints forum), constantly wondering where Blighty was at training or such and such function, and newspaper articles about Harvey (the captain at the time) saying he rarely spoke to Blight ect ect. At the time the reasons wether justified or not were pretty apparant to everyone.

rexy
SS Life Member

Listened to Blightys rant a few times and couldnt see anything wrong with it. As a Saints supporter I didnt feel that he attacked the club, just Rod for questioning his work ethic in a public forum. Thought he made a bit of a fool of himself with the rats toss bag gear though, if your going to get mad get mad.

Maybe this year?
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: There are still many questions that need to be answered by both Blight & Butterrs before we can conclude !!
Sadly I've drawn conclusions about Blight without knowing the full story...after this week and hearing a few things here and there I wonder if I'm anywhere, even slightly, on the money. I don't think I am, but I can only call it the way I saw it....and that is he didn't appear to have the time of day for us at the time - perhaps he was analysing the team from the golf course??? :lol: Beats me...Someone needs to write a book about it! (then again, I dislike reading) maybe a movie!! ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!