FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
BTW..Jack Barker stands on the beach side of TBO near the coaches box..

Please get him a chair or better yet he should have a bench with his name on

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:slightly off the subject...last Sunday at Sandy there were quite a feww Saints supporters there...I do the scoreboard at TBO and very pleasing to see the St Kilda supporters there wearing their scarves...no doubt happy after beating Carlton the night before...I asked a couple of them how come they were watching Sandy and they said they were happy with the decision to align with Sandy and just wanted to see what they were in for starting next year...hope they enjoyed the day even though Sandy got beaten by Williamstown

We get quite a few Melbourne supporters at Sandy which will obviously stop come next year

Welcome aboard. Saints fans....hope to see lots of you at the TBO next year...you get a damn good hot dog at a reasonable price here...plus a beer with the best view in Melbourne from the Social Club...

BTW..Jack Barker stands on the beach side of TBO near the coaches box..

St Kilda at Frankston or somewhere else???...my gut feel feel is the Frankston thing will not go ahead and the Saints will head elsewhere....destination????...not Belveedere Park..

Maybe a bit further up the Nepean Highway....
looking forward to it...

just a question, do melbourne have a similar set up to us with free entry for the aligned footy members for home games?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
casey scorp
Club Player

Solar wrote:just a question, do melbourne have a similar set up to us with free entry for the aligned footy members for home games?
MFC standard membership includes:

Sandringham Football Club membership, incorporating free admission to VFL home games at Trevor Barker Oval.

http://cms.melbournefc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=10517

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I had a look at the Sandringham ground yesterday,the only way it beats Casey is with it's name,"Trevor Barker Oval"...........

terrible location,IMO,and where the F*** do you park on matchday.....

How close to the ground is Sandringham station.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
casey scorp
Club Player

At Sandy:

* the ground is about 800m from the station.
* parking is hopeless.

At Casey:

* the ground is about 1km from the bus service (that is the train extension service)
* parking for VFL crowds will be a maximum of 200m from the ground entry
* unfortunately St Kilda players won't be there (the Saints have missed the boat)!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I had a look at the Sandringham ground yesterday,the only way it beats Casey is with it's name,"Trevor Barker Oval"...........

terrible location,IMO,and where the F*** do you park on matchday.....

How close to the ground is Sandringham station.....
Nowhere to develop/expand.. Yacht clubs and boat harbour wouldnt allow it

Nowhere to park unless you want to get booked

Train station is about 800m away

Frankston marginally better

Casey too far away

Moorabbin- Nah

St Kilda- won't hapen

Lets hope that AF and his team come through with a deal at Frankston that is the absolute best for the club !!
Last edited by Eastern on Sat 19 Jul 2008 4:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

casey scorp
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Train station is about 300m away
Turn your scale rule over.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Eastern wrote:Train station is about 300m away
Turn your scale rule over.
Closer or further? !!

casey scorp
Club Player

Closer to 800m.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Fixed :oops: !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Care to answer b4e???

to state that
"we are not called St.kilda for nothing."
just makes a mockery of your total stance on your previous posts..

For the second time it's ST KILDA NOT ST. KILDA...

Get a clue

also your PM about that you were quite happy to relocate to Frankston appears to, either be a sham or that you love shyte stiring this site for the sake of it
barks4eva wrote: I actually am quite happy with the Frankston relocation, truth be known

but where would the fun be in that :lol:

best regards
Andrew :wink:
Why do you feel the need to turn this site to crapola ???

I feel this has been your agenda for a couple of years...

Here's a clue...

Post something you are passionate about and don't post to gain some sort of fun for yourself that in a way has a negative effect on this site.

You maybe lonely or may not have that much to do in your life, but please refrain from going on and on about an issue that you have previously stated that you are happy the with
Still waiting for a comment from you b4e....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
casey scorp
Club Player

8 month anniversary.

8 months today since the Frankston announcement on 21 November last year. That’s 2/3 of a year. Nothing has happened on the ground, but a heck of a lot has happened off the ground. Most of it adverse to our interests.

In fact I’d say we are well behind where we were on 20 November last year prior to the announcement. On 20 November last year we were:

• in dispute with Kingston Council
• looking for an alternative home, with a number of alternatives available.

Now we are:

• looking for an alternative home, with less alternatives available
• trying to develop a facility with less money in real terms than we had originally
• needing to regain credibility with the AFL and our supporters as a strategic organisation.

The fact is we didn’t diligently research the Frankston Park project, and rushed into a decision to demonstrate that the new Board was going to make things happen.

Frankston is still attractive to the club because the Council is now committed to giving us the Plowman Place block of land. But it is false economy. Although it was nominally worth $1 million, and is probably worth more, we should just let it go.

Let it go because the extra cost of development at Frankston is greater than the value of the land.

Let it go, make up with Kingston Council and redevelop where the costs can be established and contained far more easily. It now makes sense to stay at Moorabbin for so many reasons. Plus we get the benefit of the $500,000 grandstand demolition funds from the State Government.

PS - I wouldn’t be advocating Moorabbin, except that Casey Fields is now gone as an option for the Saints.

GrumpyOne

When are the next local council elections?

Why don't Saints members who live in Kingston stand for each council ward with the platform of Keeping The Saints in Moorabbin?

We might not get a councillor up, but I'm sure that there will be current and potential councillors who would be prepared to do a deal for our preferences.

That way we can keep our club in its 40 year home, redevelop the facilities with Government money, and keep all our pokies in the new location on the corner of South Road.

We can also bail out of the rapidly less attractive Frankston deal with dignity.

C'mon guys.... How about it?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Trevor Barker Oval is about 600 metres from both Hampton and Sandringham stations.

There is plenty of parking in the beach carparks and free parking opposite in Bridge Street.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:8 month anniversary.

8 months today since the Frankston announcement on 21 November last year. That’s 2/3 of a year. Nothing has happened on the ground, but a heck of a lot has happened off the ground. Most of it adverse to our interests.

In fact I’d say we are well behind where we were on 20 November last year prior to the announcement. On 20 November last year we were:

• looking for an alternative home, with a number of alternatives available.

Now we are:

• looking for an alternative home, with less alternatives available
• trying to develop a facility with less money in real terms than we had originally
• needing to regain credibility with the AFL and our supporters as a strategic organisation.

The fact is we didn’t diligently research the Frankston Park project, and rushed into a decision to demonstrate that the new Board was going to make things happen.

Frankston is still attractive to the club because the Council is now committed to giving us the Plowman Place block of land. But it is false economy. Although it was nominally worth $1 million, and is probably worth more, we should just let it go.

Let it go because the extra cost of development at Frankston is greater than the value of the land.

Let it go, make up with Kingston Council and redevelop where the costs can be established and contained far more easily. It now makes sense to stay at Moorabbin for so many reasons. Plus we get the benefit of the $500,000 grandstand demolition funds from the State Government.

PS - I wouldn’t be advocating Moorabbin, except that Casey Fields is now gone as an option for the Saints.

From what I gather, the dispute with Kingston Council was started (and is being drawn out) by the council rather than the club. We won the preliminary Supreme Court hearing last week which IMO shows they don't have a leg to stand on, so I think it's unfair to say we haven't progressed when it's the council carrying on with the petty bickering.

Secondly, we ARE still looking for an alternative home but wouldn't you rather the club spends time carefully and meticulously reviewing options now rather than running gung-ho into an agreement that might suit us now but could be detrimental in the future? I thought it showed good leadership from Archie and the Board to explore other options once the Frankston Park costs blew out. They have a duty of care toward members/stakeholders. While it's frustrating to not have a new home locked down as yet, I'm happy with the status quo in the knowledge that our money is being spent responsibly.

As far as the whole Frankston concept goes, it would be a HUGE backward step if the club was to pull the pin now. I respectfully disagree with your comments about the finances as well. Recent reports from Frankston said the St Kilda move would generate $40m of economic onflow benefits to the community EVERY YEAR. I don't know how that figure was attained, but if that rings true, I'm sure the Frankston City Council will be keen to keep kicking in to our coffers (in addition to the $3m they have already committed to the move).

I don't know whether our relationship with Kingston can be healed after their frivolous claims in court last week. They clearly don't want us there and IMO there's not much point dragging us both through the mud any longer. Let's stay committed to Frankston and work with a council that actually wants us and is prepared to help us with the transition!

Have faith fellow Sainters! It's not been as smooth as we could have hoped, but I believe the CEO and Board are acting in the best interests of the club and the members.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

What happened at the Supreme Court last week? Looking everywhere for it (on the net) and heard nothing. So we're not going to the building commission?

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

SAINTLY73 wrote:What happened at the Supreme Court last week? Looking everywhere for it (on the net) and heard nothing. So we're not going to the building commission?
The emergency order that KCC filed against the club was ruled against.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've got no news from my end (and believe me I'd spill it if I had any :lol:). Our office has been left in the dark as far as anything Frankston is concerned. Sorry.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SAINTLY73
Club Player

Well if the emergency order was thrown out that means the issues are still on the table. Was that it?

We'll have to wait for the squash court lines to be painted at a later date. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

casey scorp
Club Player

RedWhiteBlack wrote:From what I gather, the dispute with Kingston Council was started (and is being drawn out) by the council rather than the club. We won the preliminary Supreme Court hearing last week which IMO shows they don't have a leg to stand on, so I think it's unfair to say we haven't progressed when it's the council carrying on with the petty bickering.
No progress in relation to Frankston was what I was saying.
RedWhiteBlack wrote:Secondly, we ARE still looking for an alternative home but wouldn't you rather the club spends time carefully and meticulously reviewing options now rather than running gung-ho into an agreement that might suit us now but could be detrimental in the future? I thought it showed good leadership from Archie and the Board to explore other options once the Frankston Park costs blew out. They have a duty of care toward members/stakeholders.
Now no other alternative to looking elsewhere than Frankston Park (unless the Council tips in more money – see next point). I would expect it to be done diligently (although Frankston Park was a balls up), but that doesn’t mean it should take many months more. There are experts in these fields who provide advice.
RedWhiteBlack wrote: As far as the whole Frankston concept goes, it would be a HUGE backward step if the club was to pull the pin now. I respectfully disagree with your comments about the finances as well. Recent reports from Frankston said the St Kilda move would generate $40m of economic onflow benefits to the community EVERY YEAR. I don't know how that figure was attained, but if that rings true, I'm sure the Frankston City Council will be keen to keep kicking in to our coffers (in addition to the $3m they have already committed to the move).
It was Frankston Council itself that came up with the $40 million/year financial benefit to the local economy of St Kilda’s presence. One would think it a tad optimistic, but there would be no doubt that there would be a financial spin-off for local businesses.

As it is the Council’s own figure, you would think the club would be using it as leverage to seek an increased Council contribution. And they probably are trying to.

However, the Mayor has said $3 million already committed is the max from Council:

http://www.frankstonleader.com.au/artic ... _news.html

“$3m limit for Saints, says Frankston mayorâ€

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What does the Kennel Control Council have to do with all this?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What does the Kennel Control Council have to do with all this?
They would probably be more organized and more rational than the Kingston City Council led by Tipsy Topsy and her band of tree huggers !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:Well if the emergency order was thrown out that means the issues are still on the table. Was that it?

We'll have to wait for the squash court lines to be painted at a later date. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

painting lines on a squash court was one can't remember the rest but that one just stuck in my mind.

Pilgram
Club Player

casey scorp you are an idiot

GrumpyOne

Pilgram wrote:casey scorp you are an idiot
Spoken with all the wisdom of a 15 post newbie.