Suppose we make the finals and...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Suppose we make the finals and...

We have players like Bakes, X, and few others who are injured and haven't had too much game time. Even G for that matter.

At what point do you draw the line as to whether you bring them back in. For example, Hamill came back but was next to useless, as was Kosi.

How many real matches would they need under their belts to play?

Would you want them to play in the magoos and 1 or 2 senior games, or a minimum senior games?

Mind you, King only played what? 6 senior games last year.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would think at least 3-4 BEFORE finals. A nice headache for RL and the selectors to have !!

markp
Saintsational Legend

If we were on a roll they'd have to kick the door down, or come in for an injured player.....

iceman
Club Player

markp wrote:If we were on a roll they'd have to kick the door down, or come in for an injured player.....
Yep.

villasaint
Club Player

in my books they would want at least four games in the ones, given that its seven weeks out they would also have to play at least two games in the two's. If they get fit play in twos and are ready to go if there are injuries then good luck to them. Bakes is a missing link in our team but has to play a few games in the two's to prove he can play four quarters. I think its almost to late for him now. Same for X and G is really only there if were desperate and Kozi or Roo get injured

battye
Saintsational Legend

Depends. If it was Gehrig, you'd be prepared to take a risk on him. If he replaces someone like Allen (on current form) then you don't lose anything but could potentially gain a lot.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:00am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Saints in 20??
Club Player

x

Poor old X. I wonder will we ever see him do a full pre-season and an injury-free year... At this stage, I wouldn't bet on a meaningful return this year. As likey as Hamill.
Baker, who knows ? Hasn't had much luck in '08 either.
Gehrig for Allen seems a good swap, but what Fraser would it be ? The G-train or the defensive headache?

Beekay
SS Life Member

Should have gotten rid of X and Raph a long time ago.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

X has already proven his worth time and again. Can do the job. Yes, injuries have hurt him but when he gets out there, one X Clarke possession is worth about 2-3 for everyone else. He is an assists king.

Baker still has a very important role to play, and we need him.

Gehrig has been given chance after chance and is finished.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Depends. If it was Gehrig, you'd be prepared to take a risk on him. If he replaces someone like Allen (on current form) then you don't lose anything but could potentially gain a lot.
You lose forward pressure.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:X has already proven his worth time and again. Can do the job. Yes, injuries have hurt him but when he gets out there, one X Clarke possession is worth about 2-3 for everyone else. He is an assists king.
I see you rate him very highly. I'm curious as to why.

For mine he fades in and out of games way too much and struggles in particular against quality opposition. And his disposal is ok but I don't certainly wouldn't put him anywhere near the class of Goddard. Think his kicking at goal is quite average too; also think he's unaccountable.
I wouldn't give him a spot ahead of Armitage, Jones, Eddy or Birss and on that matter, what position does he actually play? Ineffective forward or unaccountable midfielder

I find it annoying that in almost 6 seasons on the list he hasn't really ever gotten his body right.

I not criticising you Everton, i'd just like a bit more detail as to why u rate him so highly.