where is jarryd Allen at?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Falchoon
Club Player

where's he at?

wherever the ball aint :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: where is jarryd Allen at?

RBnW wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:last night Allen had 80% game time for only four possessions and only 2 effective, he contributed nothing by the way of scoreboard pressure despite playiong deep at times.

i am not being critical (and don't like to be with young players) i am just stating the facts. The question is do we play him for the rest of the season despite doing very little, or do we send him back to the 2's to teach him how to beat an opponent and kick some goals?

the way i see it, despite statistics i would keep him in the side as he takes a tall defender and frees up kosi to play as a second ruck and gives him a little more freedom to push forward when playing in the ruck.

from this moment on i would only play 1 of king and gardiner, keep Allen and let kosi roam as it is proving to be the way he plays his best footy. Kosi seems to have a very strong fitness base (something he may have lacked in the past due to injuries) and i feel he contributes most with brief spurts in the ruck and then pushing forward.

This makes Allen an important piece of the puzzle because he frees up kosi because he is big and strong enoough to warrant a competent defender regardless of his output, however a potential negative of playing the kid when he is seeing very little of the ball is that he may lose confidence and doubt his ability if he is not getting near it.

I think Ross should back ther kid and highlight his importance to our structure and hopefully he can step up and be a strong contributor on our run home.

what are your thoughts?
Good post, I think he is important to our stucture up forward we have looked better since he has been in, he doesnt get rebounded on and takes the 3rd tall defended....he has learn to find the footy at this level yet, I would like to see him in the team for an exstended run of games if we start to kick it to him that would help too, but he is contributing.....he could also play back and has to be a better option than Gwilt....he may end up as a CHB :?:
Good point......whats his disposal like under pressure? He competes well and IMO Gwilt needs a chop out..

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'm not convinced he'll make it,it's not like he dominates at Casey,i've seen him struggle at that level as well,who knows where he'll end up fitting into the St Kilda story........

Good key Forwards are hard to find............not sure we've found another one yet.......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Saints in 20??
Club Player

structure

Its a good observation saying Allen is good for structure. Its like having a 3rd point post out there.
To say that his impact was minimal is paying him a compliment. He wandered around looking completely lost and out of his depth.
He may very well be good in the future, hes just not good enough to be there now. I'm not particularly a fan of Charlie, but he does do more.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps swap him for Ferg. His first match back last time he was very good and had 4CM. His 2nd match copped groin injury?