Umpires.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Is it a free kick if you hit someone in the head?
Is it a 50m penalty if you hit someone in the head after they have taken a mark?

If the answer to these questions is YES. Then Roo got screwed yet again.

In the first half i counted 4 times where Roo marked or near marked infront of Waite and waited has hit him in the head. No free or 50 was ever paid.
When Max touches Fevs shoulder it is automatic free.

Consistency is a very rare commodity in AFL football particularly amongst umpires. In fact i don't think i have seen it in the past 30 years.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:How come very week the umpiring is bad against us. It is either one of 2 things. The AFL hate us and are cheating to get rid of us or make sure we dont win our games or we look through only one eye. As it happens every week I will go with latter and even if it is the former which obviously isnt who cares as we won.
do you have these answers saved.... and dredge them up every week....

:roll:
Go away you sad little person. Pity I didnt see you tonight as you wouldnt have answered on this thread.
Truth hurts like usual

I told you where I was.....

Trudge away to your little cave mate....
I pity you. You are very insecure person with no knowledge of anything let alone footy but you do make me laugh. I heard you didnt even go to the footy tonight because you had made such a fool of yourself on here no one would talk to you and they were laughing in your face.
ok.....

to those that meet up with me at the football, please tell me I wasn't dreaming that I was sitting next to a decient carlton supporter (one of cowboy18's mates) on level 1 of the ponsford..... plugger66 said I wasn't and he is in the know :wink:

on the actual topic...

6-1 goals from frees....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

No conspiracies, just inconsistant decisions.

Geeez people. Stop blaming the umps. I admit that in the heat of the game, I get pi$$ed off. But seriously. :roll:

Makes the win even sweeter :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:No conspiracies, just inconsistant decisions.

Geeez people. Stop blaming the umps. I admit that in the heat of the game, I get pi$$ed off. But seriously. :roll:

Dont use common sense on this thread. People will not understand it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:No conspiracies, just inconsistant decisions.

it's funny

we can bleat and moan about the s*** decisions made by the players or coaches but mention the umpires and your a sore loser/winner

Anyway 1 thread on umpires, 10 threads on other things.... if you don't like it don't post in this thread....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No conspiracies but the umpires were s.hite with a Capital S.

6 goals from frees for the cheats, at least two were pathetic soft gifts

Anyone who can defend that level of inconsistancy is a dead set nong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
perfectionist wrote:The first one was against Milne for shepherding - a bit soft.

The Harvey one was soft too. A hundred of those occur in a match.

Ball ran too far - don't know why he didn't bounce it - perhaps another example of a player not wanting to have a shot.
The first one was called for "tunnelling". The umpire actually said that, "tunnelling". Was as soft as butter.
Yes, he eased the Carlton player under the ball. On replay, looks like melted butter. Kosi was a bit upset. Should have got 50, maybe Umpire James thought better of his first decision.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

After some of the decisions from both the North Melbourne game and the game last night, I'm calling for a Royal Commission into the state of umpiring. It is appalling and it's got to be bad when you see decisons for the opposition that should have been paid.
Some of those decisions were real head scratchers as to where on earth did that come from? And from other observations, there seems to have been a variation in the hands in the back rule. Hate the rule, but if you are going to pay it as a free then it has to be paid, not last week, not maybe in two weeks time when there is a blitz on it as instructed by the Geesch, but every time in every game.
But the irony of the umpiring is that those knuckleheads paid the mark to Kosi before he went off with the blood rule, when for those like me sitting behind the goal, it was clear the ball bounced off Rooey's chest before bouncing into Kosi's hands. So thanks umps. One to us

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Was it Vozzo all night, or am I being paranoid. I loved BJ's call early when he told Vozzo "we can't compete". It was just after the Cloke free, when the contact was bicep high until he dropped down.;

Vozzo? What sort of a name is that? Sounds like a vacuum cleaner model.
Are you suggesting that the umpire is a suck? Having a go at his name might get our Italian and/or Maltese fans off-side !!

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

Solar wrote:can anyone explain me a couple of things...

What was the free in the third term when kosi marked it and didn't touch anyone....

the tackle by harvey that resulted in the goal to get them within 7? points

how far bally ran....

look maybe I need to see the replay but these ones baffled me....
The first one was becuase Milne "Tunneled" his opponent...

:roll:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Free kick paid when Kosi marked was against Milne for tunnelling - the umpires words!
Free against Harvey was outrageous, the free should have been paid for holding the ball first, plenty of time, tried to run through, continued to hold the ball when tackled I think by Gwilt, still had the ball when swung around. Should have been paid then. :x
Ball ran too far. He should have kicked it with his left foot instead he kept running so he could kick it with his right. How can any footballer be regarded as a professional when they can only kick on one side. :roll:

The secret truth is Demetriou knows North - Kangaroos are vulnerable to falling out of the competition. He wants St Kilda to fail. If he can get rid of St Kilda he may be able to save his own team.
Get St Kilda to the bottom of the ladder and he can use the Saints record wooden spoons to justify eliminating St Kilda. :twisted:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:How come very week the umpiring is bad against us. It is either one of 2 things. The AFL hate us and are cheating to get rid of us or make sure we dont win our games or we look through only one eye. As it happens every week I will go with latter and even if it is the former which obviously isnt who cares as we won.
we all know that the umpires hate us.....except you, except you it would seem.........goes back to the thomas days......tell me why did waite get a free...why don't we get advantage calls......why do the opposition always get a half dozen goals from free kicks....open both eyes ffs......you are nothing but an apologist for the afl ..and it's getting boring..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:After some of the decisions from both the North Melbourne game and the game last night, I'm calling for a Royal Commission into the state of umpiring. It is appalling and it's got to be bad when you see decisons for the opposition that should have been paid.
Some of those decisions were real head scratchers as to where on earth did that come from? And from other observations, there seems to have been a variation in the hands in the back rule. Hate the rule, but if you are going to pay it as a free then it has to be paid, not last week, not maybe in two weeks time when there is a blitz on it as instructed by the Geesch, but every time in every game.
But the irony of the umpiring is that those knuckleheads paid the mark to Kosi before he went off with the blood rule, when for those like me sitting behind the goal, it was clear the ball bounced off Rooey's chest before bouncing into Kosi's hands. So thanks umps. One to us
no it didn't ...kossi had his hand between roo's chest and the ball....have a look at the replay....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
we all know that the umpires hate us.....except you, except you it would seem.........goes back to the thomas days......tell me why did waite get a free...why don't we get advantage calls......why do the opposition always get a half dozen goals from free kicks....open both eyes ffs......you are nothing but an apologist for the afl ..and it's getting boring..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
And you have one eye or are stupid. Nothing to do with AFL. If you honestly beleive they hate us that may prove why you are a solicitor. You have no integrity.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
And you have one eye or are stupid. Nothing to do with AFL. If you honestly beleive they hate us that may prove why you are a solicitor. You have no integrity.

well...you just proved who the stupid one is.....the umpires advisor has already admitted that on a scale of 15...we were- off the scale.....pretty offensive post from you.....i don't need to prove anything to you d w....including my itegrity......go one ...go suck up to the afl .....brownnoser.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....solar has your measure.....

and don't try and tell me what the umpires do or don't do has nothing to do with the afl ffs.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

well...you just proved who the stupid one is.....the umpires advisor has already admitted that on a scale of 15...we were- off the scale.....pretty offensive post from you.....i don't need to prove anything to you d w....including my itegrity......go one ...go suck up to the afl .....brownnoser.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....solar has your measure.....
Solar has my messure by calling me a pedophile. I didnt know solicitors had such small brains. Fancy thinking the AFL are delibrately trying to cheat against us. You are very old so how many years have they done that. So what is it are they trying to get rid of us out of the AFL. I may need a solicitor for my case against Solar how popular are one eyed soliitors these days. Please advise.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

interesting on bigfooty a fair few carlton supporters openly admit they had the run of the 50/50 decisions in their favour in the first half.

again not saying conspiracy but a fair run of the decisions went their way and even the blues admit that.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:interesting on bigfooty a fair few carlton supporters openly admit they had the run of the 50/50 decisions in their favour in the first half.

again not saying conspiracy but a fair run of the decisions went their way and even the blues admit that.
I totally agree they had the better run of the umps last night but I also dont care because we got 4 points and they got zip.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:interesting on bigfooty a fair few carlton supporters openly admit they had the run of the 50/50 decisions in their favour in the first half.

I totally agree they had the better run of the umps last night but I also dont care because we got 4 points and they got zip.
I ask for consistency from the umpires, its not a big request.

SHUT UP KRIME!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: I totally agree they had the better run of the umps last night but I also dont care because we got 4 points and they got zip.
Percentage may well determine whether we get a home final or not, plugger66..... the way I see it we were robbed of some percentage last night.
There's also the effect on the players. There were moments when B.J, Dal and Max were totally bewildered by the inconsistency in umpirirng.
Yes; they're professional players and the should get on with the game...

BUT!! They need to know what rules/interpretations we're playing by.. and those rules/interpretations have to be consistant...
The Umpires efforts last night were pathetic in the extreme.

Consistant calls would have resulted in a 10 goal win to the Saints.
Last edited by BakesFan on Sat 12 Jul 2008 10:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:can anyone explain me a couple of things...

What was the free in the third term when kosi marked it and didn't touch anyone....

the tackle by harvey that resulted in the goal to get them within 7? points

how far bally ran....

look maybe I need to see the replay but these ones baffled me....
Kosi - No idea
Harvs - Umpire was blindsided by Harvs' body. Shouldn't have been a free, but was 'technically' there.
Bally - About 25 metres, give or take.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:I ask for consistency from the umpires, its not a big request.
True. It's just after world peace and before an end to CO2 emissions!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:I ask for consistency from the umpires, its not a big request.
True. It's just after world peace and before an end to CO2 emissions!
well given the quality if umpiring we have, we'd be likely to get world peace and an end to Co2 emissions before we get an honest dimetriou, a carlton president who isn't a crook, but there are plenty of games where the umpiring has been unobtrusive through effectiveness.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I totally agree they had the better run of the umps last night but I also dont care because we got 4 points and they got zip.
Percentage may well determine whether we get a home final or not, plugger66..... the way I see it we were robbed of some percentage last night.
There's also the effect on the players. There were moments when B.J, Dal and Max were totally bewildered by the inconsistency in umpirirng.
Yes; they're professional players and the should get on with the game...

BUT!! They need to know what rules/interpretations we're playing by.. and those rules/interpretations have to be consistant...

Yes but there are weeks we get the better run so our % is better because of those games. Swings and roundabouts as I said in another thread.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:[

and my point is...they are trained professional umpires...they can't make that many mistakes accidently now can they..... :evil: :evil: :evil: