i don't care if this has been done to death....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i don't care if this has been done to death....

....robert harvey is a champion.....as tina turner wrote...and she must have had him in mind.... .... he is "simply the best......better than all the rest"

...when the game had to be won....he won it for us....twice last night in fact.......if anybody saw him pass off the ball in the backline then receive it again in the forward 50...would have no doubt about that...he travelled faster than the ball ffs......

...the peasants can have their figjams, thugish vosses and bomber pansies....i will take banger ever time.......

i love the guy.... :lol: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Any thread on the great man can never be done to death, hes the messiah!

Before Im 85
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

There's not enough threads in my opinion.

Maybe we should make a section completely dedicated to RH.

That still wouldn't be enough.

Pure champion.

mick13
Club Player

That kick which hit Dal in a tight position on the boundary in the last quarter last night. Ahh, he's still got it. The guys next to me commented, saying, look at this, precision.

<3 Harves. Pwease play on for the next 5 years.

NoMore
Club Player

mick13 wrote:That kick which hit Dal in a tight position on the boundary in the last quarter last night. Ahh, he's still got it. The guys next to me commented, saying, look at this, precision.

How good was that. It was enough to let me go home and have some alone time. He is a legend

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

On another note Dermie labelled Luke Ball "sad" last night on SEN as I was on the way home from the game last night.

Disregarding the fact that Ball had had a whack to the right quad and couldn't kick properly, he completely disregarded the in and under work Ball did.

I hope Dermie calls every player on our list "sad" and they all respond like Harvs did - made the metrosexual old thug eat his stupid words :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
NoMore
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:On another note Dermie labelled Luke Ball "sad" last night on SEN as I was on the way home from the game last night.

Disregarding the fact that Ball had had a whack to the right quad and couldn't kick properly, he completely disregarded the in and under work Ball did.

I hope Dermie calls every player on our list "sad" and they all respond like Harvs did - made the metrosexual old thug eat his stupid words :roll: :roll:
I wouldn't stress Joffa. No one pays any attention to that moron anymore. I don't even know how he still has a job.

He is a sad and pathetic OLD man.

esaint66
SS Life Member

mick13 wrote:That kick which hit Dal in a tight position on the boundary in the last quarter last night. Ahh, he's still got it. The guys next to me commented, saying, look at this, precision.

Got a standing ovation from me for that and many other pinpoint passes, he is just so accurate.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just on dermie how strange is he looking these days i saw him on that singing show and i could of sworn he was a drag queen dressed as a man his eye make up is very feminine

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
milney044
Club Player

Ahh, Harves *sigh*. When he got his hands on the footy going into our forward line and Milney found some space, i said you watch, Harvs gets his hands on this, it's going to Milne. No one else reads the play like Harvs, he would have seen Milne run past in a split second and new exactly where to pin point the pass. He is just amazing, a genius and i see no reason why the man can't play next year. He is just pure class, when he has the ball there's no need to panic, he just knows what to do.

Plus, how good was he when there were 3 Carlton opponents, he looked to be caught and yet somehow found space and ran clear, leaving his opponents for dead.
The man is a marvel and each and every game he plays is a privilege for us to watch. If there is no such thing as heaven at least i can say i saw the closest thing to god running around in a #35 gurnsey in the red, white and black.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

There can never be enough threads relating to how good The Great Man is.

Listening to the FIGJAM himself on commentary, you get a fair idea of the respect he has for one Robert Harvey.

We are truly privileged to be able to watch him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Has Demie been man to enough to admit he was wrong to judge and comment on Harves based on the pre-season??

A . Good players dont try in the pre season.
B. Didnt the Saints win it anyway?

Dermie. be a man and apologise to the great one.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me...or has Banger actually improved his kicking this year??

He was already a brilliant short to medium user of the ball...but last night he was sensational in this regard...and in particular when contrasted with the passing skills of the other players of both teams.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Is it just me...or has Banger actually improved his kicking this year??

He was already a brilliant short to medium user of the ball...but last night he was sensational in this regard...and in particular when contrasted with the passing skills of the other players of both teams.
Certainly not just you.

Have been thinking the same myself this year - the quality of his pin-point 17-25 metre passes seems to have gone up yet another notch. And he has let a few ripper 45 metre chest-lace-outs as well.

Does this coincide with possibly having less game time this year?

Surely will play on another year at this rate.

Johnny Favier
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Has Demie been man to enough to admit he was wrong to judge and comment on Harves based on the pre-season??

A . Good players dont try in the pre season.
B. Didnt the Saints win it anyway?

Dermie. be a man and apologise to the great one.

I really wouldn't give Dermie the oxygen of publicity after the ridiculous and downright disrespectful remarks both he and GT made earlier this year about the great man.

The guy is still dining out on the heroics of the '89 grand final....and is now just a washed-up old windbag and shadow of his former self...sort of sad really.

As for Buckley - is it just me, or does he seem a whole lot more likeable now he's finished playing?

The guy has a respect and genuine admiration for Harves - probably because he knows how tough it is to stay on top of your game while it's evolved so rapidly over the last few years....something that Dermie and probably GT fail to both comprehend and fully appreciate.

DERMIE - here's a tissue, now wipe that egg off your face!

spiral2
Club Player

Johnny Favier wrote:I really wouldn't give Dermie the oxygen of publicity after the ridiculous and downright disrespectful remarks both he and GT made earlier this year about the great man.

The guy is still dining out on the heroics of the '89 grand final....and is now just a washed-up old windbag and shadow of his former self...sort of sad really.

As for Buckley - is it just me, or does he seem a whole lot more likeable now he's finished playing?

The guy has a respect and genuine admiration for Harves - probably because he knows how tough it is to stay on top of your game while it's evolved so rapidly over the last few years....something that Dermie and probably GT fail to both comprehend and fully appreciate.

the guy is a complete clown, look how well Hawthorn did when he had input down there. listened to a few grabs of SEN last night (3rd qtr) and he was really anti St Kilda. the other commentators were positive or balanced (we were up by 5 goals at the time) but he was just dirt digging, "luke ball can't kick", all he can do is handpass blah blah. w.nker

agree on Buckley, couldn't stand him when he was running around but excellent in the commentary box. great insight into the game and very respectful of great players like Harves. loves the game and isn't a drama queen like dermie. would be great to get him down to the saints as an assistant. only downside to his commentary is that he says Saint Kilda, which I know bugs some posters (and now bugs me since they pointed it out, thanks a lot!)

Johnny Favier
Club Player

spiral2 wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:I really wouldn't give Dermie the oxygen of publicity after the ridiculous and downright disrespectful remarks both he and GT made earlier this year about the great man.

the guy is a complete clown, look how well Hawthorn did when he had input down there. listened to a few grabs of SEN last night (3rd qtr) and he was really anti St Kilda. the other commentators were positive or balanced (we were up by 5 goals at the time) but he was just dirt digging, "luke ball can't kick", all he can do is handpass blah blah. w.nker

agree on Buckley, couldn't stand him when he was running around but excellent in the commentary box. great insight into the game and very respectful of great players like Harves. loves the game and isn't a drama queen like dermie. would be great to get him down to the saints as an assistant. only downside to his commentary is that he says Saint Kilda, which I know bugs some posters (and now bugs me since they pointed it out, thanks a lot!)

I wouldn't worry about the "Saint Kilda" bit too much Spiral - I even say it myself from time to time when explaining our great game to friends visiting from overseas..."St." is an abbreviation of saint anyway....as long as we're all pulling in the same direction - that's what matters mate!

spiral2
Club Player

Johnny Favier wrote:I wouldn't worry about the "Saint Kilda" bit too much Spiral - I even say it myself from time to time when explaining our great game to friends visiting from overseas..."St." is an abbreviation of saint anyway....as long as we're all pulling in the same direction - that's what matters mate!
watch yourself there JF, there's some on here with some pretty strong views on this. I think the story goes that there is no Saint Kilda, it's just a place (island in Scotland???) so therefore it is not an abbreviation of saint but is just St.
I dunno if that's right...I not real hung up on it :wink:

Johnny Favier
Club Player

spiral2 wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:I wouldn't worry about the "Saint Kilda" bit too much Spiral - I even say it myself from time to time when explaining our great game to friends visiting from overseas..."St." is an abbreviation of saint anyway....as long as we're all pulling in the same direction - that's what matters mate!
watch yourself there JF, there's some on here with some pretty strong views on this. I think the story goes that there is no Saint Kilda, it's just a place (island in Scotland???) so therefore it is not an abbreviation of saint but is just St.
I dunno if that's right...I not real hung up on it :wink:
Yep, I know mate - I was looking at some of the posts on here a few weeks ago in regard to that...but then you've gotta ask yourself the question - why are we called the Saints?

Seems pretty logical to me....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no, harvey is still quality, its scarily hard to remember how his midfield work dragged st kilda through finals campaigns.

in 97, had st kilda kicked truly and honored Harvey's passing, he would have won the BOG as well.

as it was the saints forward line was down on form and morale with loewe and winmar dealing with off field issues.

burke and harvey tried to lift the team and Hall was just too young to be effective.

in 98, if anyone saw that game against Sydney, it was burke and Harvey Vs Sydney and they damn nearly won the game dragging the rest of the sorry saints with them.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Favier wrote:As for Buckley - is it just me, or does he seem a whole lot more likeable now he's finished playing?
Certainly is very switched on, knows his footy better than just about anyone. His first few matches, specifically the first one that involved collingwood, was cringeworthy, almost as bad as Eddie commentating filth games.

Better in the Media than Voss, that's for sure.

As for The Great Man, there's not much to say that hasn't already been said, he is amazing to watch, and is the pure heart and soul of the football club. No man is greater than the team, but Harvs comes close.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I would love it if the sad saints rumble the Hawks next week :D

just to shove it up Dermie.

last season we were 1 and 1, the first game we were playing pure chippilotto, and were done by clarkeson manning up the lose men and they just chain reloaded into our forward line.

in the rematch we won in a moderate canter playing attacking football.

I reckon if we continue our attacking frame of mind we can roll the hawks, if we go back to chippilotto/tempo football we are gone.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Dermie is on the right TV show when it comes to his thoughts on Banger.

GETAWAY!

Yes Dermott, get away from your pre-season comments you made about the great man.

As for his "anti" St Kilda comments, I reckon he's still filthy about copping weeks from belting Spud behind play at Waverley and also copping Winmar's boot on his nether regions and his fingers in your face in 1990 (and we know why Winmar lashed out at you that day!)

Used to admire him as a player, but as a "special comments" man, he comes across as a player frustrated from retiring early.

So Dermott, just let it go mate...... We all know you were good on your day, but you were never as consistent as the great man ever was. Get some help!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Johnny Favier wrote:As for Buckley - is it just me, or does he seem a whole lot more likeable now he's finished playing?
Certainly is very switched on, knows his footy better than just about anyone. His first few matches, specifically the first one that involved collingwood, was cringeworthy, almost as bad as Eddie commentating filth games.

Better in the Media than Voss, that's for sure.

As for The Great Man, there's not much to say that hasn't already been said, he is amazing to watch, and is the pure heart and soul of the football club. No man is greater than the team, but Harvs comes close.
started to like him last year , from watching him on white line fever....certainly knows his footy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barneyboyz
Club Player

The true student of the game will appreciate a true genius of the game

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: