Jones!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I was actually going to put my own post on apologising to Jones and admitting he proved me wrong but i may as well put it here .

Sorry Clinton I thought you were a kid with plenty of heart but not quite up to the ability needed to make it to the level required but I am so happy to say you proved me wrong and you have a certain Aura about you that can really lift the side. Well done kid.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

only reason he has a right leg is to keep him from falling over.

Was good last night and gives us some added speed. Courageous and finds the footy.

His disposal is getting marginally better and Teflons comparision to Andy Thommo is not far off.

If Jones had Fioras kick he would be a fantastic player, but lets face it he was 22 or 23 before he got a go at AFL (like Andy Thommo) so his deficiencies were known as was passed over at draft time as a kid.

He wouldn't be with us if it wasn't for these limitations. Not a critisisim, a fact.

However not every player is a Hayes or Dal Santo. Blake has made a career out of 100% effort and being a team player and doing a job. Jones could forge a career if he continues to improve.

He certainly has the attitude and go in him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:only reason he has a right leg is to keep him from falling over.

Was good last night and gives us some added speed. Courageous and finds the footy.

His disposal is getting marginally better and Teflons comparision to Andy Thommo is not far off.

If Jones had Fioras kick he would be a fantastic player, but lets face it he was 22 or 23 before he got a go at AFL (like Andy Thommo) so his deficiencies were known as was passed over at draft time as a kid.

He wouldn't be with us if it wasn't for these limitations. Not a critisisim, a fact.

However not every player is a Hayes or Dal Santo. Blake has made a career out of 100% effort and being a team player and doing a job. Jones could forge a career if he continues to improve.

He certainly has the attitude and go in him.

spot on...probably the most accurate post i have seen on this forum for quite some time.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
markp
Saintsational Legend

Big heart... adds something to the team. Reminds me of Hamill in a few ways... Hard to think of anyone in the team I'd hate to see running at me more if I was an opposition player with the ball.

Hope he continues to develop.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

he reminds me of hamil as well,
what a gun though can only get better,
reminds me a bit of Trevor barker, just the hair lol

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

ralphysaints35 wrote:he reminds me of hamil as well,
what a gun though can only get better,
reminds me a bit of Trevor barker, just the hair lol
I thought the same. I also though Eddy looked a bit like Sammy in the way he moves doesn't have the boof factor of sammy but is similar.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
RBnW
Club Player

Jones should never have been dropped after the bravery he showed against the Swans in Rd 1..... :o he has real pace, can tackle and finds the footy.... :D he is a bit like Bakes as in he leads by example and the others follow..... :wink: :wink: he has worked hard for his spot and is in the best 22.... 8-)
And he shows that Saints spirit every week.... :)

Our best is yet
to come......
HarveysDeciple

A young bloke making the most of his opportunity and cementing his spot in the side.

He is a vital component because of his pace and pressure and ability to find the footy.

Well done CJ.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

fonz_#15 wrote:still havent seen a more average kick of the football, or technique when kicking the football
I have..

You ever seen Wayde Mills from Brisbane kick the footy? Now he is what you call a average kick with a shite technique !!

I also agree to the person that said Clint Jones is similar to Matty Priddis.

midas_touch
Club Player

CJ has easily been our most improved player this year. Great to see him take his opportunities in the senior side, with his effort, pace and ability to find the footy all valuable assets. Is in our best 22 at the moment, which is testament to his hard work.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)