Official post match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mick13
Club Player

Free kicks evened up in the end.

But the amount of free kicks that they had in front of goal compared to us was BS.

St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

m_m wrote:
St.Damo's Fire wrote:
m_m wrote:
stinger wrote:i reckon pratt must have delivered brown paper bags to the umpires prior to the game.....f****** disgraceful performance......
:shock:
what game were you watching
The same game that was played tonight that CLEARLY looked after the best interests of a team wearing navy blue. How many freakin soft frees do you want in front of goal???
24-23..
anyway you won, dont worry about the men in yellow
No point bringing up the stats...because after the run on died a very pleasurable death, we started getting the soft ones paid. Also it's a question of WHERE they are paid and at WHAT PART of the game they are paid. End result means jack sh1t.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Harvey's 40+ metre pass along the wing to Dal in the last was sublime.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

And the one to Milne, and the one to McQualter. They test kids at the draft camp for spacial awareness - when Rob started they tested people for free fast food coupons.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:And the one to Milne, and the one to McQualter. They test kids at the draft camp for spacial awareness - when Rob started they tested people for free fast food coupons.
pity milne shanked, that pass was brilliant, also the passage where he just hammered through about 3 tacklers was brilliant.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It was just as well we were playing Carlton. Their skill errors on the back line over the last seven years have meant 11 in a row - with no signs of one competent backman for the future - which is good for us.

What is bad for us is Gwilt and Gilbert who gift a goal whenever they go near it. Also, Amitage simply hasn't got enough skill or pace - he needs one of the two to survive in the AFL. Allen had two kicks, which surprised me.

On the other hand, Hayes, Harvey, Kosi and the Nicks did everything and Milne loved being on a slacker. Max and Sam did well. Jason Gram appreciated being untagged, since he was on Judd, until Judd showed what he could do in the last quarter. However, I thought he move was a plus for us.

I wonder if we will ever see the day when we make all the shots from 20 metres out.

A win is a win, but that performance won't be good enough next week.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sat 12 Jul 2008 1:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No it will not as MG comes in and Kosi plays permanent forward even though he doesnt play as well doing that.
won't that make us a little sluggish around the ground? i thought kosi's time on the ball was a key factor tonight.
Agree totally but he does struggle against good ruckmen.
Actually best ruck game from Kosi I saw in a long time tonight - and I was screaming hes a fwd... :shock:

Better ruckman he goes worse against ?????- ont tonight effort hed match Blake at Geelong, Hwthorn no names and Minson from Bulldogs........

“Yeah….nah””
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Perfectionist? "scuse me" but dat's a pile. Lighten up, FFS. Gilbert's on his way back from 1/2 a season out. Beddy Etts couldn't touch the footy when it really counted.

And for whoever it was that thought Milne missed Banger's gift - I was talking about the chip across the face from the throw-in in the 2nd 1/4. That chance he capitalised upon.

Hey, I'm not the ultimate optimist, but they got it real right this evening. Be happy.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Harvey's 40+ metre pass along the wing to Dal in the last was sublime.
Like everything else he does. He is still the only player in the team (maybe Nick D) who uses the ball to advantage each time he gets it. I'm sure he is equal to the best in the AFL in this regard at the moment. And he's 37 next month, although Bruce said he will be 57 (I think jokingly). If he's not in the best 50 ever, I'm not here.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Perfectionist? "scuse me" but dat's a pile. Lighten up, FFS. Gilbert's on his way back from 1/2 a season out. Beddy Etts couldn't touch the footy when it really counted.
How about at the start of the game when each team is desperate to get an early break? Or in the last quarter when he got his team back into the game?

We had plenty of good shut down jobs tonight, but Betts was allowed to run into open space and goal with no pressure on him twice, and he also had no one chasing when he kicked the banana goal. That was either lazy or dumb defending from Gilbert.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Perfectionist? "scuse me" but dat's a pile. Lighten up, FFS. Gilbert's on his way back from 1/2 a season out. Beddy Etts couldn't touch the footy when it really counted.
How about at the start of the game when each team is desperate to get an early break? Or in the last quarter when he got his team back into the game?

We had plenty of good shut down jobs tonight, but Betts was allowed to run into open space and goal with no pressure on him twice, and he also had no one chasing when he kicked the banana goal. That was either lazy or dumb defending from Gilbert.
Gilbert isnt in great form but in defence it is a pretty hard match up for a big guy on a small but there wasnt many other options.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No it will not as MG comes in and Kosi plays permanent forward even though he doesnt play as well doing that.
won't that make us a little sluggish around the ground? i thought kosi's time on the ball was a key factor tonight.
Agree totally but he does struggle against good ruckmen.
Actually best ruck game from Kosi I saw in a long time tonight - and I was screaming hes a fwd... :shock:

Better ruckman he goes worse against ?????- ont tonight effort hed match Blake at Geelong, Hwthorn no names and Minson from Bulldogs........
Kosi was good yes....but the opposition rucks were only Cloke and Krueser...

Next week MG in for Allen.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Did any of (unlucky enough to not be at the game) believe the outrageously biased TV commentry??? An ex-coach, an ex-Carlton player and a winner bully (McEvaney...always backs the team on a roll), it was appalling. I reckon Dennis is a closet Saints fan though.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

MSG (and I've had plenty of digestive strife from that, I can tell you). Betts' first goal in the last stanza was an absolute blinder - wrong side, being pushed to the boundary line and goals with the outside of his foot. Please, flukes happen and he did not get it in acres of space. The second goal was agood piece of roving, and like I said Gilbert is finding his way back. He tired and he was entitled to.

You are way too harsh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Did any of (unlucky enough to not be at the game) believe the outrageously biased TV commentry??? An ex-coach, an ex-Carlton player and a winner bully (McEvaney...always backs the team on a roll), it was appalling. I reckon Dennis is a closet Saints fan though.

Sounds ok to me at the moment. Who is the ex carlton player?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:Did any of (unlucky enough to not be at the game) believe the outrageously biased TV commentry??? An ex-coach, an ex-Carlton player and a winner bully (McEvaney...always backs the team on a roll), it was appalling. I reckon Dennis is a closet Saints fan though.

Walls.

The team of them made it sound like the only reason we won was because Catlon couldn't muster a comeback...nevermind the fact that we kicked 'em off the ground to get the lead!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

The team of them made it sound like the only reason we won was because Catlon couldn't muster a comeback...nevermind the fact that we kicked 'em off the ground to get the lead!
Walls in on channel 10. It was Buckley.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

Channel 10 over here in Rads. Walls is a condoscending wanker.

goodie
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

Gilbert isnt in great form but in defence it is a pretty hard match up for a big guy on a small but there wasnt many other options.
Just wasn't Gilbert's night, a bad mismatch and he got the ball under the pump more than a few times. He'll learn.

But yeah, not sure who we could've chucked on Betts. Attard would've been perfect.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

my bad

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

So you're saying they edited out Buckleys voice and inserted Walls voice into the Ch7 box with Bruce (who works for 7) and Commetti(who works for 7)???
How peculiar.... :roll:

Bring back the Lockett era
degruch
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

So you're saying they edited out Buckleys voice and inserted Walls voice into the Ch7 box with Bruce (who works for 7) and Commetti(who works for 7)???
How peculiar.... :roll:
Hmmm...well, someone's got it wrong...heard Timmid, Bruce, Wallsy and Dennis, but no Bucks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

Please admit you are wrong. Its not hard I am wrong all the time.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I've never understood what "my bad" means. I'm bad I could cop. Me bad possibly, but I'm bad? It sounds like it's been stopped one noun short of a finish. Very USA, and typical ruptured language.

Go Cadel.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Walls.

Please admit you are wrong. Its not hard I am wrong all the time.
Urgh...it's beside the point, you d**khead. Why do I have to barrack for the same team as you people? Which one's wrong...Bucks, Timmy, Walls, Bruce, Dennis, Cahnnel 10, Channel 7?