Split Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Split Round

Did the split round and week off come at the worst possible time for us Sainters?

We played with real spirit and passion against the Roos and i get the feeling the boys we're really starting to feel something special.

The passion was there and the signs where great we all love the Riewoldt huddle but having the week off does this stop the momentum we started to build?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'll let you know about 11.00 pm Friday........

:lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
esaint66
SS Life Member

Kind of hard to say wheteer it has come at the wrong time at the moment seeing as though we haven't played since the break. We did have 2 games on the trot going into the break so it could have broken our momentum, but it does give us a chance for a rest.

I tell you what i hate the split round. When it gets to this stage in the season (just around half way) you start to depend on the footy, but this weekend we had nothing :x :x :x Bring on friday !!! Another win for the mighty sainters !!! :wink:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Know where your 're coming from but I think the break will still do the boys and a few tired bodies the world of good...

Mind you I might have to reserve judgement on that until I see how the boys come out on Friday night...

One thing that needs to change is the break up of the games...just stupid not to have any games in Melbourne on a July weekend....

Just make it a 4/4 split....or is that too logical :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I think the break may have helped us more than not.

Grabbing a couple of "ok" wins heading into the break.

A good rest for all the players.

Think it may have done them the world of good.

Gehrigs_son
Club Player

i suppose its better we dont need the split round rather than we need it because of all our injuried players like we have had over the past few years

mick13
Club Player

Just gives Lenny and MG a chance to get over their injuries.

Pretty important inclusions.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

yep..without the split round we'd have been facing Carlton on a 6 day break after a Interstate trip...and Lenny might not have been ready.

The 6-2 split is done go give maximum exposure to that Pies-Swans game on the Sat night (and wasnt it just a truly wonderful advertisement for our game...would have had those West Sydney types just champing at the bit to have their own team) :shock:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor