The Blues game...our best team for the year????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Don't tinker with a winning team, especially one who ground out a win like the last one..Charlie should be the only casualty if Lenny is ready, otherwise Birss.

m_m
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
m_m wrote:crap :oops:
Hello you pathetic low life gutter-crawling piece of excrament, or however you spell it.

How is your little life going?

Farewell.
not too bad saints supporter
Last edited by m_m on Wed 02 Jul 2008 1:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

should m. gardiner come in or should kosi share second rucking duties with allen filling in up forward?

WABLUE

Hey Everyone.

First Off I am a Carlton Supporter. I am a member of another Fan Forum, not BF or TC. I like to "troll" through other sites and see opinions of supporters from other teams and how they perceive, various players, coaches and club administration. I am a Football supporter and I am not here to create any friction, but with the upcoming game next week I just want your thoughts on the possible match ups that would be beneficial from the saints.

I want to win this game bad and break the 10 game hoo-doo against your lot. I was in Melbourne 2 weeks ago and went to the Dome mid way through the 3rd 1/4, to watch you blokes play Fremantle. You may of seen me as I sat down near the cheer squad before moving to the upper levels. After that game, i felt very confident about breaking that hoo-doo, as the game was at best lacklustre. But watching the North Game and the confidence that some players are regaining and the wake up call to Nick dal Santo and Milne, I am a little worried again.

I would like to know who you think would take Judd, whether someone runs with Stevens or Murphy and whether Baker would come back early for this game. Will Maxy get Fev and flood back to give him a chop out.

For us, the battle will be won in the midfield but believe the the Saints stretch us for height down back (not sure if M.Gardiner is playing). the danger man for the blues is Milne as he always tears us a new one. I think Carrazzo may get him as he had 29 possies and kept Brown goalless (although he kicked 6 points) last weekend and may be able to create some damage the other way, but Milne will play deeper and is quicker than Carrazzo, so very unsure about that match-up

Waite-Riewoldt (hopefully continue his good record against him)
Thornton - Kosi
Carrazzo-Milne
Gibbs - Hayes
Dal Santo - Stevens (not that each other will bother manning up, and both use the ball very well.)

If you wish me to disappear thats fine, but i am not here to cause trouble, but happy for some friendly banter.

Sorry for the length of the post, and hope this is posted in the right section.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

No issue from me WABLUE as long as you are not going to be like most of the other Carlscum Trolls we've had on here lately.

As far as matchups are concerned, I think we'll need to see who's actually going to play.

Saints are a different team with hayes and gardiner in
Likewise Carlscum are a different team with judd in - will he play?

I hope Waite plays on Riewoldt.
I hope Thornton plays on Kosi but I think it's more likely Setonto will?
I hope Stevens and Dal Santo play on each other.
I'd like to see Ball take Judd
I'd like to see Giibs/Murphy take Hayes

Max will take Fev.

I believe the game will be decided by Carlscum's ability to 'limit' the effectiveness of Goddard, Fisher and Gram running off the halfback line.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Who else would like to see McEvoy take on Kruezer?

WABLUE

Mr Magic wrote:No issue from me WABLUE as long as you are not going to be like most of the other Carlscum Trolls we've had on here lately.

As far as matchups are concerned, I think we'll need to see who's actually going to play.

Saints are a different team with hayes and gardiner in
Likewise Carlscum are a different team with judd in - will he play?

I hope Waite plays on Riewoldt.
I hope Thornton plays on Kosi but I think it's more likely Setonto will?
I hope Stevens and Dal Santo play on each other.
I'd like to see Ball take Judd
I'd like to see Giibs/Murphy take Hayes

Max will take Fev.

I believe the game will be decided by Carlscum's ability to 'limit' the effectiveness of Goddard, Fisher and Gram running off the halfback line.
Apart from some light hearted banter, There will be no Theatrics from me.

Agree that Hayes is a massive in for you blokes and I rate his work ethic very highly. I am hoping he decides to take another week off. :P

As for Judd, all accounts is that he is a definite in, and it was good to see the blues win last week and effectively give him two weeks to get over his concussion/any lingering groin soreness.

Luke Ball would be an interesting match-up. Not sure about his tagging qualities, but as Judd is getting more contested possessions nowadays and this is Luke Ball's game as well, they could play quite close to each other but also get high numbers and could be the contest to see who wins the centre Clearances...(although your ruck will kill ours).

Gibbs will take the run with role with Hayes, to leave Murphy as free as he can be.

Thornton has done a good job on Kosi before, even though he lacks height. Not sure Sentanta will play, he has been looking lost the last few weeks. good option to have if Kosi/Gardiner/King/McEvoy all rest down in the pocket!

The Blues have been playing guys like Jordan Russell, Simon Wiggins and Shaun Grigg as defensive Half Forwards, with the emphasise on stopping the run off half back. Have seen that twice this year with Tagging Heath Shaw and also Chad Cornes. So Don't be surprised to this this tactic be applied by Ratten, but it does leave the Blues to Fevola Conscious!