Media Coverage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Walker
Club Player

Media Coverage

Why is it when we get hyped up in the media we always fail to deliver on the over the top expectations.

Over the past two weeks we went into the games as underdogs and not much was written about us in the lead up to both games...and we won.

I hope the boys enjoyed the great win on the weekend, enjoy the break...But remember there is a long way to go before they can even think they have achieved anything.

We have players returning from injuries, confidence is high..So we have no excuses what so ever...The time is now!!!!

Fire up SAINTS stay focused and dreams can be for filled.

Oh and I hope we stay out of the media spotlight for the remainder of the season....We play better when we do.

Go Saints

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Media Coverage

St.Walker wrote:Why is it when we get hyped up in the media we always fail to deliver on the over the top expectations.

Over the past two weeks we went into the games as underdogs and not much was written about us in the lead up to both games...and we won.

I hope the boys enjoyed the great win on the weekend, enjoy the break...But remember there is a long way to go before they can even think they have achieved anything.

We have players returning from injuries, confidence is high..So we have no excuses what so ever...The time is now!!!!

Fire up SAINTS stay focused and dreams can be for filled.

Oh and I hope we stay out of the media spotlight for the remainder of the season....We play better when we do.

Go Saints
agree and disagree.

I agree 100% with you that we only seem to perform as the underdog or when the media has punished us.

But on the second point, I like it when we are in the media spotlight, as IMO it may help boost our crowd numbers a bit.

Crowd numbers have been a bit low this year, and really need a good boost to give us a chance to be profitbale.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St.Walker
Club Player

All saints fans need to turn up win loss or draw...And get vocal like on the Gold Coast...

If ever we need massive crowd involvement its next Friday night ....I beg all supporters to come in numbers and give it to Carlton..

The boys will lift if we as supporters lift our voices and turn up in big numbers!!!!

Lets not rest now....there is still work to be done in 08