Thank you...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thank you...

I will not be reading this post after it is typed.....abbuse or otherwise will be wasted....do not waste your time.

I have been on this forum for many a year now.....and have enjoyed talking all things St.Kilda.....yes I have been negative, but we have not been succesful, and there has been a lot to be frustrated about.....

I have loved dissecting the list, reviewing the draft, looking at match-ups and reviewing games....and have spent many hours doing so....I have a very boring social life (kids)....and I have read many other people doing the same thing and learned a lot from them (Statsman, Eastern etc..)

I have played in a few saintsational games and met some nice people...and some interesting ones (B4E)

I have entered into many a debate, some fiery (bungiton), put up with SOL verbally attacking my family and listened to holier than though w*nkers who actually believe that I want the saints to lose.....absolute F***wits.....

I have started some controversial threads.....bagging players, draft picks and coaches and have been either proven right or wrong....but have shared opinion, either popular or not. I have done so as an armchair critic, and never pretend otherwise.....I always thought a forum was exactly that.....a place to share DIFFERENT opinions...and at times vent frustrations at what can be a trying club to follow....

I have been wrong s***loads of times, and often am very happy when I am wrong - usually means a good thing for the club.

I have also started numerous threads (tonight aswell) over the years praising performances....and I have defended certain players (and will do to the cows come home) because I consider them St.K champions....Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Ball to name a few...and I start every new year with optimism.

Finally

I have to thank you....for opening my eyes to how silly I am for even thinking about replies to persons I do not even know hurling personal abbuse my way, and for having to defend my loyalty as a supporter to people who have never met me. I love a footy debate and i read back through the couple of bonza threads I started tonight.....and very few people actually debated the footy issue....just took the 'how dare you bag st.k' line or 'you are a moron' or 'typical negative' and on tonight they could have easily just debated and won given the result.....this place is not a good place anymore.....there is a divide between those having a mutual w*nk, and those far too pessimistic - scorned and bitter perhaps.......either way tonight I was accused of being unhappy we won...and for the first time I was unhappy after a win, because instead of being happy, I was defending myself, to who????

Thank you
Big Mart
St.M
St.Mart
Marto

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!

ps. thank you, now I will have to talk to my wife more (sarcasm)

Huzzad
Club Player

Yep, at Saintsational you have no right to an opinion, unless you are able to back it up with an uzi. It sucks. I've seen more manners in western suburbs high schools and I often wonder how on earth we all come together to support the Saints...or is it the Snts? Either way, this forum sucks, but it is good for a chat and to see what people are thinking. But if you want cojent, logical, open debates, then this is absolutely the wrong place to come. :wink:

No one should ever take this forum seriously.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

We won, that's all that matters for now. Enjoy the win and look forward to the Blues game. Whilst it wasn't a great (4 quarter) performance tonight there were many positives to come out of the game.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Ah you've got a wife. Say no more. Are'nt they just a great source of negativity.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Simply... if you make a 'big call', you may be called to account.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Simply... if you make a 'big call', you may be called to account.
agreed

sorry but I hear too much negative s*** at the football, I come on here to discuss all things saints but to read that s*** at quarter time pissed me off no end.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
markp
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
markp wrote:Simply... if you make a 'big call', you may be called to account.
agreed

sorry but I hear too much negative s*** at the football, I come on here to discuss all things saints but to read that s*** at quarter time pissed me off no end.
Word

Last week I had to move twice to get away from Saints supporters who were more interested in bagging all things St Kilda than watching and enjoying the game....

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Bigmart, and to all others, if that game was played at Telstra Dome last night I have no doubt RL would have been booed onto the ground at 1/4 time.

It was a shocking first quarter, however the next three quarters showed that we can play attacking play on football, and look a lot better side for it.

Did anyone notice that when we moved the ball on quick;y last night we didn't look slow.

Bigmart, keep tossing things up, keep up the protests, you can't always look at things and not question of things could be better.

I believe a certain side did that last year when they were looking ordinary, and boy did it change their season.

That side was Geelong.

Now remember everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinions, some of us are honest enough to gladly admit we were wrong when the side proves us wrong.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Bigmart, and to all others, if that game was played at Telstra Dome last night I have no doubt RL would have been booed onto the ground at 1/4 time.

It was a shocking first quarter, however the next three quarters showed that we can play attacking play on football, and look a lot better side for it.

Did anyone notice that when we moved the ball on quick;y last night we didn't look slow.

Bigmart, keep tossing things up, keep up the protests, you can't always look at things and not question of things could be better.

I believe a certain side did that last year when they were looking ordinary, and boy did it change their season.

That side was Geelong.

Now remember everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinions, some of us are honest enough to gladly admit we were wrong when the side proves us wrong.
thats fine but writing off a team at quarter time

I don't get how booing your team at quarter time helps the situation

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

if u go through the threads (and I said this at the time) a bunch of childish forumites started with the personal insults and name calling. It was totally uncalled for and unprovoked

love him or hate him, St. Mart has always been about the football... isn't interested in name calling, insults and slandering... nor is he one of those involved in the 5-6 page threads of too'ing and forwing abuse; he just calls it as he sees it.

hope ur not leaving Marto... ur contribution is a breath of fresh air around here

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:if u go through the threads (and I said this at the time) a bunch of childish forumites started with the personal insults and name calling. It was totally uncalled for and unprovoked

love him or hate him, St. Mart has always been about the football... isn't interested in name calling, insults and slandering... nor is he one of those involved in the 5-6 page threads of too'ing and forwing abuse; he just calls it as he sees it.

hope ur not leaving Marto... ur contribution is a breath of fresh air around here
I think in earlier SS years this was true and St Marto WAS about the football. I actually think now he has become predictable in his negativity which sadly detracts from his arguments.

IF he's gone He'll be back . He's done it before. We all cop cr@p on here at times - some more than others - I too like discussing footy and admit to getting sucked in by those who want to bait only......but that doesnt mean I take the site too seriously and not once (from my own volition) have I or would I take my bat and ball and go home.

Besides the wife cant stand me. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i have always enjoyed st marts posts......and hope he continues as there are not many informed and informative posters left on this site...

...to me this place has lost its joy ...and its class......and i fear, it's long term viability.....shame really.....

...i used to enjoy coming here...and did so to often to the detriment of my family ...so i can see where you are coming from big mart.....

still....

....i will hate the day when we say .RIP , saitsational.........you were fun once.......

....ps...i can tell you who won't morn our passing....the club, .the players and their families....the clarke family in particular...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Skinny

I have been reading this Forum for a long time but have not posted (due to very slow and poor typing skills)

I would extremely be disappointed if Bigmart has decided not to post again as I believe he provides the best analysis of onfield football matters of anyone on this Forum.

He probably has been a trifle grumpy (and negative) recently, but haven't most of us ?

I am Passionate Saints member who lives a long way from Melbourne and I enjoy reading this forum for the diverse views that it provides.

It is disappointing that valued posters are being driven away due to the negativity and abuse created because other posters may not agree with their pov.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Bigmart was entitled to his quarter time spray. It was a woeful display that first quarter.

Skinny

Absolutely, I live nearly 600 ks from melbourne and you could have heard me screaming from here.

Got rid of the neighbours though !!! (for sale signs up everywhere!!!)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Bigmart was entitled to his quarter time spray. It was a woeful display that first quarter.
He is and he had it. Hes also entitled to be called out on it when he overreacts, makes knee jerk stupid comments (we all do!). That doesnt mean we all take our bat and ball and go home. This is an internet forum. It aint real (I have people who think Im Rod Butters son FFS and theyre serious...). Get over it and move on and those who cant.....take their "persona" a little to serious for mine.

“Yeah….nah””
Shaggy
Club Player

Skinny wrote:I have been reading this Forum for a long time but have not posted (due to very slow and poor typing skills)

I would extremely be disappointed if Bigmart has decided not to post again as I believe he provides the best analysis of onfield football matters of anyone on this Forum.

He probably has been a trifle grumpy (and negative) recently, but haven't most of us ?

I am Passionate Saints member who lives a long way from Melbourne and I enjoy reading this forum for the diverse views that it provides.

It is disappointing that valued posters are being driven away due to the negativity and abuse created because other posters may not agree with their pov.
You are right. Having been overseas for the most part St Mart / Big Mart is a poster I really liked to read for the education and Cowboy18 to cheer me up on a bad day.

There is generally a lot of foresight behind St Mart / Big Mart's posts.

Unfortunately he cracked after the first quarter which followed 3 bad matches.

Fair call at the time but hopefully a bad call (lets see after the cheats match).

St Mart / Big Mart shouldn't take the abuse seriously. He has enough brownie points to make many more bad calls. No-one is perfect.

Welcome Skinny anyway.