max

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

max

one player who seems to have been forgotten from saturday is max.

I thought he was brilliant on thompson (a noted saint bogy man, who can forget '98)

His hands and feet were sure, and he was critical at times as the last line link player.

Go you good thing.

longtimesaint
Club Player

He nearly always is unnoticed and gets very few accolades fron the media but is having a superb season and I don't think he has been beaten.
Kept Lloyd and Travis Cloke nearly kickless and kept Fevola to 2 goals.
Let's hope he goes on next year.

One year will be our year
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I thaught Max was huge, but then again he usually always is. Doesnt get the plaudits of some of his defensive collegues unfortunatly, but he always inspires the side and can play on smalls and bigs.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

max has built a career on being forgotten, but consistently brilliant. i admire max so much, he really is (along with harves) the heart and soul of our club.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i thought he was great early was the only thing stopping a huge mauling

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

longtimesaint wrote:and I don't think he has been beaten.
Only the Brown/Bradshaw combo this year I think.

megs4#31
Club Player

max always goes unnoticed, and when i bring it up with people when discussing footy they always bring up bout how he cried. pisses me off that does!

on ya maxy, always a fantastic effort :)

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I remember him coming back from injury about 5 years ago, and getting a thrashing and folks calling for him to be delisted, or traded while we still could get something good for him.

if he can get his body right for a sustained period of time, he is a quality player.

its not until you see him running past you as they do the lap can you notice that baby face fading :)

its scarey to think how good he's been for how long.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

megs4#31 wrote:max always goes unnoticed, and when i bring it up with people when discussing footy they always bring up bout how he cried. pisses me off that does!

on ya maxy, always a fantastic effort :)

just give them a belt in the mouth....usually shuts them up......well....works for me.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Max is in great form.....

He has also made his displeasure known about less than maximum effort this year!!!

Agaianst the Blues his role in limiting Fev will be vital to our chances of winning.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm a massive fan of Max. You just know when he's there he is going to try his guts out EVERY GAME!! Good on ya Maxie!

While the bloke might not get the accolades he deserves week in and week out, his workrate has never gone unnoticed or unappreciated from this supporter...and I dare say the vast majority of Saints supporters. He's certainly a very important key-player with a Harvey-like work ethic and a great role model for the younger players!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
ttufc7
Club Player

Definatly one of if not the most underrated player in the comp.

Sometimes I think its a bit a of judge the book by its cover situation with max his looks and size definatly don't immediatly think "hard" ,"tough" and "corageous" but he most definatly is all of those things even if they aren't always recognised

As for the crying I see it as proof of one of his biggest attributes. He really does care about what he is doing and loves the club and if everyone, players, coaches and supporters included were more like max we'd be all the better for it.

mick13
Club Player

<3 Max.

The world would be much worse off without him.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ttufc7 wrote:Definatly one of if not the most underrated player in the comp.

Sometimes I think its a bit a of judge the book by its cover situation with max his looks and size definatly don't immediatly think "hard" ,"tough" and "corageous" but he most definatly is all of those things even if they aren't always recognised

As for the crying I see it as proof of one of his biggest attributes. He really does care about what he is doing and loves the club and if everyone, players, coaches and supporters included were more like max we'd be all the better for it.
anyone who has watched st kilda will never ever say he wasn't hard, tough, or couragious.

they may say he is a damn fool the way he puts his body in the line of danger.

sometimes I think st kilda and his team mates don't deserve him.

I feel the same way about banger too.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Max's best game for 2 years, seemed more relaxed and confident than he has been for some time!!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Max's best game for 2 years, seemed more relaxed and confident than he has been for some time!!
Agree there. Anyone who has read my comments on him, knows I am a critic - not so much of Max the person, but Max the full back who can take a saving mark and make the right decision. He didn't take too many pack marks last Saturday, but did what he is good at. And for the doubters, look at the votes, I think I was one of the few who gave him votes for the game.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

How many times did North even go to Thompson? He was a liability out there for North and is nowhere near his best. Max was able to drop off his man and provide support for the other defenders. North clearly gameplanned to go through the smalls. They shouldn't have even played Thompson. He was never going to beat Max.

Max will have a much bigger task next time out against Fev. Carlton like to go to him 20+ times a game. If Max can win that battle it will have a lot more impact on the outcome of the game than his matchup with Thompson.

Yeah nah pleasing positive