Time to stay focussed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Time to stay focussed

:D The most heartening thing about Saturday night's win for me was the manner in which the boys kept their nerve in the face of the "interchange rule" free kick. It was also good to hear the fans keep up their encouragement!! I'm sure that I can say without being contradicted, that all of us who were there at Cararra felt very much "a part of the team" and I'm convinced that the crowd lifted the boys and we got over the line TOGETHER!
NOW! reality again!!!! We have to lift again for a TOUGH game against a "Judd inspired" Carlton outfit. Lets keep focussed on tthe NEXT game!
Bring your loudest cheering voices with you to the "G"
Regards to all as ever

Dave :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Hey Dave
Id be interested in your opinion as to the atmosphere compared to Telstra Dome, it sounded great on Tv at least

Before Im 85
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

I'll be at the G and i'll be cheering to i'm hoarse

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

heard you on sen before jigster

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to stay focussed

thejiggingsaint wrote::D The most heartening thing about Saturday night's win for me was the manner in which the boys kept their nerve in the face of the "interchange rule" free kick. It was also good to hear the fans keep up their encouragement!! I'm sure that I can say without being contradicted, that all of us who were there at Cararra felt very much "a part of the team" and I'm convinced that the crowd lifted the boys and we got over the line TOGETHER!
NOW! reality again!!!! We have to lift again for a TOUGH game against a "Judd inspired" Carlton outfit. Lets keep focussed on tthe NEXT game!
Bring your loudest cheering voices with you to the "G"
Regards to all as ever

Dave :D
very true
all the good work of the last couple of weeks will come undne if we drop the next one against the cheaters

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Time to stay focussed

:D Hey Saintsrus! I was in Stand 11 with my Bro-in-law and his Roo buddies. They got me a spot at the "corporate trough" :wink:
(known officially as the "party deck") There was an overwhelming majority of Sainters. Things were quiet in the first quarter (I wonder why? :wink: ) But when the Yapper scored our first goal the change in mood was palpable and by half time the whole stand was getting behind those boys, the ground was open for the most part, but the roof over our stand (it had "Gold Coast Stadium" on the roof) acted as a huge amplifier!
I reckon the BEST win I've EVER been present at was 2005 at AAMI when Harves scored "that" goal!!!!, but by gum! Satdee ran it close my son!!!!!
I'm just so glad I was there!!!
I got to join all those other Sainters after the siren and got involved in "mass jigging"!!!!!!
I guess the answer to your question is: "The atmosphere was great, once the players gave us a glimpse of the ticker that ultimately got us over the line" :lol:
Regards

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Good one mate yes its pleasing they are playing each other, thanks fr your account of the going ons :)

Before Im 85