Chris Hyde v Matt Maguire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Chris Hyde v Matt Maguire

That head clash was back in my mind yesterday, as I was at the MCG with a Richmond mate watching the game. He mentioned that Hyde has never been the same player since the clash with Goose. In fact, he did a couple of things yesterday that we less than 'committed', shall we say.

I wondered out loud whether in fact Goose has been the same player since either the head clash or his broken leg. I guess the broken leg is a given since he has never really recovered, but how long did he take to recover from the concussion?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Russel Morris was never the same player after his 2nd or 3rd conccussion on the ground.

i think with goose he just needs 5 or 6 games to get right, like goddard.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
4ever_saint
Club Player

Re: Chris Hyde v Matt Maguire

SENsaintsational wrote:That head clash was back in my mind yesterday, as I was at the MCG with a Richmond mate watching the game. He mentioned that Hyde has never been the same player since the clash with Goose. In fact, he did a couple of things yesterday that we less than 'committed', shall we say.

I wondered out loud whether in fact Goose has been the same player since either the head clash or his broken leg. I guess the broken leg is a given since he has never really recovered, but how long did he take to recover from the concussion?
i know that goose played the next week, and, after looking up on finalsiren.com and we played collingwood and he got 15 posessions (which was 2 less than the 17 he got against richmond).

it makes sense that hyde may not be playing the same way since because it was a sickening clash and, from memory, he suffered a more serious injury that goose and didn't play the next week. not sure if it would still be affecting him now but- though i am pretty sure he has had at least one other concussion since.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Russel Morris was never the same after The Real Thing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
rexy
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Russel Morris was never the same after The Real Thing.
I blame Burns and Cotton, and the Frankston RSL, Morris needs to play to a big room.

Maybe this year?
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Russel Morris was never the same after The Real Thing.
Very true.

I thought it was a good intro to Seven's footy coverage last year. Better than this year's. But Stand Tough was the best.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
m_m
Club Player

i agree that hyde hasn't been the same.

there was a bit of play on saturday (carlton vs tigers) were he was chasing simpson i think, and big clokey was about to shepard. however hyde instead of dodging the shepard or bumping cloke, he just completely stopped. showed a lack of courage, bad to see

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

m_m wrote:i agree that hyde hasn't been the same.

there was a bit of play on saturday (carlton vs tigers) were he was chasing simpson i think, and big clokey was about to shepard. however hyde instead of dodging the shepard or bumping cloke, he just completely stopped. showed a lack of courage, bad to see
gibbs does it weekly !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Disagree on Gibbs. Going on Saturday's performance in any case. He was pretty impressive. Reminded me of a less muscly Goddard in the way he moved and delivered.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
m_m
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
m_m wrote:i agree that hyde hasn't been the same.

gibbs does it weekly !!
:o give the guy a break, he getting better and better. :wink:

m_m
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Disagree on Gibbs. Going on Saturday's performance in any case. He was pretty impressive. Reminded me of a less muscly Goddard in the way he moved and delivered.
:D

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Gibbs was actually pretty good on the weekend.

Ive been a harsh critic of him since he was drafted but his last 2 or 3 weeks have been very, very good.

Not quite up to the quality of Marc Murphy, but still, good nonetheless.