Fraser Gehrig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

The current game plan seems not to focus on goals ,rather ist seems to be preventing goals to the opposition....hence the kick it around style .

At the start of the season we had what looked like a great forward setup
good talls in Nick and Kosi plus Milne Scneider Gardiner and co.

So what are we doing playing keepings off in the half back line ?

With Gehrig we had a pretty accurate goal kicking focus .

The whole point of the game seems to have disappeared.....kicking goals.

I would welcome back GEHRIG if fit !

golden hawk
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:That ruptured thumb tendon in late '05, when he told the Doc's to stick their Op's, is probably pretty close to contributory. Yet, he played on, and was our best forward for 6 weeks after.

Fraser's got grunt and a great record. Fine player.
he played better after i sent a get well card to him forgot we played you guys not long after that you won if i remember rightly :(

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i think the game has gone past players that can't do a lot of running

Gehrigs_son
Club Player

he's still capable of kickin 20 goals a game when hes on.

takes me back to the day i kicked 5 goals 12, i didnt have my kicking boots on that day, ended up getting reported as well, got 2 weeks

golden hawk
Club Player

INJURED St Kilda forward Fraser Gehrig has almost conceded he has played his last AFL game, but has no regrets about re-launching his career in 2008.

Gehrig will be on the long-term injured list until round 16, but his arthritic hand is likely to prevent him playing again this season, given he will have little time to regain touch before finals.

The 32-year-old is philosophical about being required again this season, having last played in round eight.

"You'd definitely need some (VFL) games under your belt, so it's highly unlikely," he said of a return to the AFL.

"It's a funny game and things can happen, but it's highly unlikely ... it wasn't as if I was setting the world on fire anyway, to be honest."

Gehrig's injury limited his impact in the five games he played this season - he booted nine goals from a combined 32 disposals.

But he said he had no regrets about playing this season after asking the Saints to re-draft him after he initially retired at the end of last season

"Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but at the end of the day I've got no regrets," he said.

"It was always a goal that I wanted to play finals footy (again).

"I've never played in a premiership and that was the goal to come back, and that's not looking likely at this stage, but you've got to be in it to win it.

"That was the main reason I guess.â€

golden hawk
Club Player

farewell old friend :cry:

your friendly neighbourhood hawk