Casey scores-updates !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Casey scores-updates !!

PLEASE !!

Any scores-updates very much appreciated !!

CHBench

2008 VFL Seniors
Casey Scorpions 4.6 5.7 . .
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 5.5 . .

saints_rule23
Club Player

Casey Scorpions 4.6 5.7 . .
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 5.5 . .

Reserves won
Casey Scorpions 2.4 9.15 14.19 22.23 (155)
Bendigo Bombers 1.7 1.7 4.12 5.16 (46)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Creed 3 Mercoulia 3 McGrath 3 Arezzolo 3 Griffiths 2 Matheson 2 Fridman Terry MacLeod Mohr Unsworth Galvin
Bendigo Bombers: Arnott 2 Ayton Granger Dehne

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Creed Mercoulia Mohr Snow Youle Terry
Bendigo Bombers: Granger Roy Singh Harrington Taylor Young

CHBench

2008 VFL Seniors
Casey Scorpions 4.6 5.7 9.11 .
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 5.5 6.8 .

Looks to be a huge wind advantage to one end. They could very well run over the top of us. :cry:

henno
Club Player

umm does anyone have the final result?

go khan

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

2008 VFL Seniors
Casey Scorpions 4.6 5.7 9.11 11.14 (80)
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 5.5 6.8 7.9 (51)

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Casey Scorpions: Nil
Bendigo Bombers: T Hislop 35 reported for abusive language
Last edited by bobmurray on Sun 29 Jun 2008 6:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
henno
Club Player

where are u getting the scores?
cheers btw m8

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

henno wrote:where are u getting the scores?
cheers btw m8
Well.i went to the game and i just got home but the scores are available here.....

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rp ... &pg=1&a=MR_

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
my les foote
Club Player

2008 VFL Seniors

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Fisher 2 Clarke 2 Ferguson Waite Panozza Fiora Howard Steven Dunne

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Birss Fisher Panozza Waite Steven Silvagni!!!

Win it for HIM!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Senior results...

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Fisher 2 Clarke 2 Ferguson Waite Panozza Fiora Howard Steven Dunne
Bendigo Bombers: Hislop Crameri Hartigan Johns Coghlan Skipworth Chartres

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Birss Fisher Panozza Waite Steven Silvagni
Bendigo Bombers: Michael Skipworth Flaherty Hislop Chartres Bellchambers

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Casey Scorpions: Nil
Bendigo Bombers: T Hislop 35 reported for abusive language

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

can we draft alex silvagni, at the end of the year? how do we go about that?

Hard at it
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:can we draft alex silvagni, at the end of the year? how do we go about that?
Probably by calling his name out on draft day

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I didn't think the StKilda players stood out today,it was a fairly even contribution from the majority of the Casey players.Rix may have gone to Queensland with the Saints because he didn't play today...

The rookie,Khan Haretuku played today and was on and off the bench,it's fair to say he has a bit of a way to go before a decision could be made on him either way but i'm sure Sexton and co. are working with him........

The player i thought was in Casey's best was Miles,he played well in the 2nd half and i can see why Ross mentioned him as another one who could come onto the list.In the first quarter he was receiving some treatment for a lower leg complaint but he seemed to shrug that off.He could end up as one of the Saints running Back Flankers but i have to admit thats just me having a stab at the future....

McEvoy didn't really do a lot but the conditions were a bit ordinary and the Scorpions won so it ended up a good result.....

I went out to the huddle at quarter time and whilst i found it very interesting,i have to say i ended confused by what Hutchison was asking them to do in the second quarter against the wind,it sounded like we were going to end up with 6 players on the wing and only 3 in the forward line..

Raph played forward in the first quarter and kicked a couple but was shifted to the back flank in the second as part of Hutchison's against the wind plan.Whatever the intentions were for the 2nd quarter they didn't pan out because the Bombers came back and were right in the game at half time.I think they went too defensive,if that sounds familiar.....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:2008 VFL Seniors
BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Birss Fisher Panozza Waite Steven Silvagni!!!
Hahaha.....Thats actually 2 players ,#57 Jack Steven and #31 Alex Silvagni.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mick13
Club Player

Steven in the best? Good to hear.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

mick13 wrote:Steven in the best? Good to hear.
And Birss, keeping the pressure on the seniors

Before Im 85
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Just got home from the match, which up until the last quarter was played on one half of a football ground.

Was about a 4 goal breeze, and we kicked 4.6 in the first.

Couldn't get a good eye on who was working in the contests, but in the run of play, got a good look at a few players.

Miles - Is quick, could have kicked another 2 goals, Could replace Gwilt. Provides lots of run, but his kicking penetration isn't great. Could also play on ball, has a similar body size and height to Birss. Had his calf worked on for most of the first quarter.

Raph - Now, if it were any other player i'd probably be putting the boot in right now. Have to worry as to whether the bloke really wants to play footy. Looked disinterested, and was disheartened by quite a few mistakes. Did some good stuff and kicked good goals. Recieved plenty of positive encouragement from teammates and coaching staff. Needs confidence.

McEvoy - No Rix this week so he carried the majority of the ruckwork, almost all in fact. Great skills and a great reader of the play. However, is easily outmuscled in body-on-body ruck contests. Won every tap out where he wasn't being wrestled, and probably lost every tapout where the other ruckman was wrestling him out. Not AFL ready, but a great ruckman.

Leigh Fisher - I was surprised to see him in the bests, must have played well in the packs. Is still slow as treacle and possibly a liability at AFL level.

Fiora - Didn't do much at all. Looked good when he did get his hands on it, but it wasn't often enough.

Jack - Will be a gun, has a lively Milne look about him. Slippery customer who is already a good size.

Khan - Played full forward against Mal Michael and was outclassed. Ran with the ball for a while and actually looked the goods. Raw but talented.

Howard - A solid first half but dropped off a bit in the second. When he is firing, is starting to show his class.

Birss - Named BOG and I wouldn't disagree. Didn't kick goals but set a few up.

Overall probably Casey's gutsiest win of the last 4 or 5 weeks. The game was there to be won by the Bombers at 3/4 time given the huge wind to their end. We won the ball, Birss shut down Skipworth (who had 31 touches by 3/4 time), and kicked on well.

As for those coming back off injuries, No X, Schneider or Bakes in the side. No Rix either, unsure if it's injury or McEvoy development related.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the reports.....

The form of Miles after such along lay off is very encouraging.

If he could make it...it may just be another piece in the puzzle of making us a better team as a few more really quick players would improve our balance.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
iceman
Club Player

Effort was there from most, decision making was absolutely terrible in tough conditions for football. It only took 3 quarters of football to figure this out. To the teams credit they were staring down the barrel at 3/4 time, and kicking into a possible (if either team could have played smart footy) 5+ goal breeze, managed 2 and a half of their own (5scoring shots) to 1 goal by Bendigo. Miles looks a likely type, has pace to burn but has be a bit smarter with his positioning and decisions. that will come with game time though.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

is anybody else worried about the change of affiliations...

it's fair to say that the Saints/Casey relationship is now blossoming after 5-6 years of work going into it and now we've switched to a club which Melb supporters claim is difficult to work with.
it seems to me that we've got a really good set up happening at the moment... our players are developing along nicely and gel well with the scorps.
It's pbly fair enough to suggest that our lack of quality player development in the 2s in recent seasons has a lot to do with how chaotic that r'ship was... but it seems we're past that and the kids are coming along.

i'd really really like to here what's being put into place by the club to ensure a smooth transition with Sandy... it's particularly worrying as it was reported something along the lines that the alliance was formed in what, 2 weeks?
if it takes another 5yrs to establish a decent partnership than you can officially slam any premership window shut.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:is anybody else worried about the change of affiliations...

it's fair to say that the Saints/Casey relationship is now blossoming after 5-6 years of work going into it and now we've switched to a club which Melb supporters claim is difficult to work with.
it seems to me that we've got a really good set up happening at the moment... our players are developing along nicely and gel well with the scorps.
It's pbly fair enough to suggest that our lack of quality player development in the 2s in recent seasons has a lot to do with how chaotic that r'ship was... but it seems we're past that and the kids are coming along.

i'd really really like to here what's being put into place by the club to ensure a smooth transition with Sandy... it's particularly worrying as it was reported something along the lines that the alliance was formed in what, 2 weeks?
if it takes another 5yrs to establish a decent partnership than you can officially slam any premership window shut.

Good points here skeptic....

I'm disappointed the offer Casey eventually made to Melbourne couldn't have been made to StKilda,it just took them too long to realise an asset has to be part of any substantial offer to an AFL club and now StKilda is
getting off on having an alliance with Sandy,a training base at Frankston,a social club at Moorabbin and playing home games at the Dome.....

You cant get a bigger spread than that....No one else would do it....

AlpineStars
Club Player

Any reports on Ferguson, I see he kicked 1 but saw no other mention?

Wake me up when September ends.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Can anyone tell me how McEvoy went in his dual with Bellchambers in the Ruck ??

Both being Ruckmen out of last years draft it should have been a good contest.

iceman
Club Player

Ferguson started forward and struggled to get ionto the game as did most forwards, did alright in patches.

Also Rix didn't play due to concussion that he got last week. The medicos wanted to rest him after a hit but he refused and played on, but has had some headaches this week. He is an absolute workhorse Rix, i don't know whether its confidence or what, but he dominates the VFL yet really battles to show glimpses of what he can do in the big time.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Can anyone tell me how McEvoy went in his dual with Bellchambers in the Ruck ??

Both being Ruckmen out of last years draft it should have been a good contest.
I didn't take much notice of the Bellchambers v McEvoy duel but i did notice Bellchambers often during the game and so did the person who does the best players...

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Birss Fisher Panozza Waite Steven Silvagni..

Bendigo Bombers: Michael Skipworth Flaherty Hislop Chartres Bellchambers