The run home

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

timclark27
Club Player

The run home

Up until last night I would have said we would be lucky to win 4 or 5, now I think it could be as much as 6 or 7. That should sneak us into the bottom half of the 8. Still can't see us beating Geelong though.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I truly think next game could decide the 8. If we get up, We're a shot. If we lose, we're right back where we started from. And we MUST win at Subi.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

next four weeks is important. Totally agree that next game against the blues in very important.

Next 4 weeks

carlton (a)
hawks (h)
WCE (a)
Port (h)

I can see us beating carlton, port and west coast (last two are tanking, no excuses against west coast).

We match up well with the hawks and should push them.

go 10-8 with 4 matches to go and we could push for 5th/6th spot and a home final. With the top 4 looking like it will be cats, dogs, hawks and one of crows/lions there is a good chance we might play in melbourne if we get through to a semi.

Of course all we should look forward to is a big match friday week at the 'G.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The only way we are going to have a crack at this years premiership is if we win every game from here on in. Think about it.

midas_touch
Club Player

Winning 6 of the next 8 is definitely doable. We should aim to snare 6th spot if we can, in order to get the home final. From there, who knows what can happen.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We capable of beating every team we play for the rest of the season.

We got Hawthorn and Adelaide at Telstra, Carlton and Collingwood at MCG.

Hawthorn being the biggest scalp in our run home.

From here on in our future is in our hands, as long as we keep winning, we could finish anywhere between 8th and 4th.

Mind you despite last nights great win we can't afford another quarter like the first last night, otherwise there is no way we will beat any of the other teams vying for top 8 positions.

If we are to have any chance at the premiership we must beat sides like Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood and Adelaide.

It is also important that this side does not consider just making the 8 is considered a successful season.

It will be an improved season but in reality the only team that can say they have had a successful season is the one that is holding the premiership cup at after 5pm on the last Saturday in September.