Proof that Ross Lyon cannot coach!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Answer this question honestly Bigred/Solar.

Have we played well this season?

Have we played a brand of footy that is entertaining?

Are we a serious challenge for the flag?

Fact is....we are 7-7 and a mediocre team

Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Geelong, Sydney - teams that we were as good as once, are a mile ahead of us!

Carlton, Richmond, Essendon are getting better

Good win tonight against a side as good as us.....like Adelaide, Freo not sure what that means???
Go on, wallow in your self-imposed misery.
Your posts were almost gleeful in the beginning and now you're trying to 'rationalize' how silly they seem? :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:lol @ this thread.

oh deary me.

8 goal turnaround.

First quarter the coach cant coach.

Last qtr its all the players :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh dear.
forget the 8 goal turnaround...

Just what happened in that first quarter when we played in a defensive mode??

any answers to that??

was it the coaches instructions to play like a pack of pathetic Sydney inbreds or was the it that the players thought that's how our coach wants us to play???

What the flowered happened in that first quarter??????

and just what was instructed for the rest of the game???

was it...

"forget what I said in the pre game and just go for it?"

One does wonder

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You still did not answer the questions....why not?

I bagged the first quarter effort.....did you think it was acceptable?

I just posted what a lot of supporters were thinking at the time, and have been for a fair while.....if your happy with 7-7 good for you..

I reckon after Quarter time we were VERY GOOD!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You still did not answer the questions....why not?

I bagged the first quarter effort.....did you think it was acceptable?

I just posted what a lot of supporters were thinking at the time, and have been for a fair while.....if your happy with 7-7 good for you..

I reckon after Quarter time we were VERY GOOD!
confidence

notice how the players lifted when roo kicked that goal in the second, kosi finally started to kick straight....

as I said, its like golf, sometimes you make a few putts and that confidence comes back...

But no, blame the coach...

SACK ROSS

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Huzzad
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:DROP MILNE HE KICKED A GOAL, didn't do the team thing and kick backwards.
Gotta admit, that was bloody hillarious Warna!

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
bethb7
Club Player

I thought he coached ok the boys got up to have a good win what more do you want? stop complaining for once in your life be happy with the win I know I am :)

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
derby Street
Club Player

BigMart unlike the majority of posters I suspect you will have a very restless sleep tonight - the result wasn't what you were hoping for was it !
Hang in there you might get another loss before the end of the season.
In the meantime true saints supporters will soak up a well deserved win by players and COACH. :D

Richter
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Just what happened in that first quarter.....?
1st quarter

What I saw was 3 St Kilda behinds that should have been goals - Kosi, Riewoldt and Milne to blame.

And 4 St Kilda errors to gift Nm their goals - two poor kicks from Luke Ball and two errors from Nick Riewoldt.

Rest of the game

Kosi, Ball and especially Milne and Riewoldt working their butts off and delivering a magnificent performance to give us our second best win under Ross Lyon.

Was very proud of the boys tonight.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I haven't read anything in this post but I will say this....

NECK UP MUPPET!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: forget the 8 goal turnaround...
why? It was terrific
St Fidelius wrote:Just what happened in that first quarter when we played in a defensive mode??

any answers to that??
yeah - we played like s.hite
St Fidelius wrote:was it the coaches instructions to play like a pack of pathetic Sydney inbreds or was the it that the players thought that's how our coach wants us to play???
well was it the coaches instructions to play attacking football in the next three?

It all changed after the spray he gave them at qtr time didn't it?

St Fidelius wrote:and just what was instructed for the rest of the game???
Seems obvious. Play attacking football, run bounce, attack the hard ball in the middle, use Riewoldt, use Kosi, run run run.

Thats what it looked like to me.
St Fidelius wrote:was it...

"forget what I said in the pre game and just go for it?"

One does wonder
Only if you assume that Lyon wanted them not to kick a goal in the first qtr.

Judging from the rest of the game I assume he wanted them to play on and kick it to our talls.

Or did the players just get together and completely disregard the coaches instructions?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am rapt we won!

I have supported the club for a long time....saw ZERO success...like MANY.....unlike many I will not be happy being ordinary and taking pleasure in the odd gutsy win......I will be happy with being excellent...

Expectations are 100% effort 100% of the time.....

Megamaguire
Club Player

Confusion has stymied St.K. but guts noy lacking

I have felt the players have been depressed with the game style of chipping around and keeping possession for the year but when the chips were down and the tackling and backing up (in position) were combined with aa more familiar all out assault on goal the result was outstanding. Milney was reliable and valuable (understatement) with his 4 while Kosi could have had 4 himself. Saints looked better up front with Allan providing a presence.
I agree that the team looked intimidated or unconcerned about getting the forward structure needed early on.Bottling the ball in and around our forward 50 looked like the Sainters that reached those couple of prelim finals.
Eddy and Allan have enough to go on with it this year and Gilbe is back and can make a big statement in the next 2 monthes.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

derby Street wrote:BigMart unlike the majority of posters I suspect you will have a very restless sleep tonight - the result wasn't what you were hoping for was it !
Hang in there you might get another loss before the end of the season.
Unfortunately DS, I have heard that arrogant men without consciences sleep pretty well during the night

Shaggy
Club Player

Our first quarter was awful. So were our previous 3 matches.

It deserved a spray.

Time to embrace the turnaround and hope that it is a true turnaround in the way we play.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Joffa, was there a reason to dissect my post??

The simple fact is..... we where siht in the fist quarter ...

your ability to not consume that fact is obvious ......

If we had have played another side in the 8th and gave them that head start, we would have flowered up....

We are talking of a team that many picked to play in the GF...

and if you really think that first quarter was acceptable, then maybe you are thinking that we are crap.....

FFS admit the 1st quarter was crap and move on........

If it was against any other side in the eight we may have flowered it up...

and again tell me it was NOT RL instructions to play that way in the first quarter

THIS SEEMS TO BE THE OBVIOUS QUESTION...

We never played like that before being coach by RL and yet NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY WE DID IT AGAINST NORTH MELBOURNE....

so again......

why the F*** did we play like that in the 1st quarter and what changed it around...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

We won, yes, good win, individual brilliance yet again, individuals are carrying this team, carrying the coach....

Why was Joey tagging Harvey? The single most laughable move I have seen since we played Gram on Acker a few weeks ago.

We won despite a first quarter of terrible matchups and shocking ball movement.

It was the same in the game against Port.

I am rapt we won, I just think the coach cost us %, I really do....individual efforts not team cohesion is winning us games, and when the brilliance is not there, we lose.

Big Mart is copping some unwarranted shite on here tonight, I can't see anything wrong with his opinion...it looked to me Ross threw out his game plan at 1/4 time and started again...hardly state of the art coaching.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i think this thread should be locked most likely will by the morning,

!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We played very well after Quarter time......I have stated this several times....will do again....the coach changed tact

Kangas delevery fwd in the second term, cost them momemtum....

Our first quarter was deplorable - which is when I made the call.....from the evidence of our first quarter - the way we played, I feel somewhat vindicated in bagging the coach......

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart did you watch the game? If you did then you'll have seen that 7 individual skill errors from our players caused the the essentially -7 goal quarter.

Yes we ran on more after the first quarter, but there was little difference in the one on one accountable hard at the man style. The main difference was that talented players - Milne, Ball, Kosi and Riewoldt started playing like the champs they are - the effort was no different, the polish was.

There was a slight change in game plan, but not the main difference - the improvement in skill level was the big difference - that comes down to concentration. Why did we make so many clangers on the first quarter is the question that needs to asked.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markp
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We played very well after Quarter time......I have stated this several times....will do again....the coach changed tact

Kangas delevery fwd in the second term, cost them momemtum....

Our first quarter was deplorable - which is when I made the call.....from the evidence of our first quarter - the way we played, I feel somewhat vindicated in bagging the coach......
How do you know what his pre-game and 1st Q time instructions were?... So RL is soley to blame for the first quarter, and somehow we won in spite of him eh?

Vindicate yourself till the freakin cowes come home..... and still no one will give a toss.

Stop digging.

Hard at it
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Joffa, was there a reason to dissect my post??

The simple fact is..... we where siht in the fist quarter ...

your ability to not consume that fact is obvious ......

If we had have played another side in the 8th and gave them that head start, we would have flowered up....

We are talking of a team that many picked to play in the GF...

and if you really think that first quarter was acceptable, then maybe you are thinking that we are crap.....

FFS admit the 1st quarter was crap and move on........

If it was against any other side in the eight we may have flowered it up...

and again tell me it was NOT RL instructions to play that way in the first quarter

We never played like that before being coach by RL and yet NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY WE DID IT AGAINST NORTH MELBOURNE....

so again......

why the F*** did we play like that in the 1st quarter and what changed it around...
You are a f#$king idiot. Yes we were terrible in the first qtr, but get over yourself you tool, we came back from 5 goals down and won. You and that other idiot that started this thread should get a room together

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Joffa, was there a reason to dissect my post??
You asked a lot of questions. I thought it was courteous to answer them.
St Fidelius wrote:The simple fact is..... we where siht in the fist quarter

your ability to not consume that fact is obvious .........
If you read my post I actually said they were s.hite in the first quarter so I dont know where you get that from.
St Fidelius wrote:If we had have played another side in the 8th and gave them that head start, we would have flowered up....
mabye. But we can only talk about whom we played and it was a meritorious win.
St Fidelius wrote:We are talking of a team that many picked to play in the GF...
yes many did
St Fidelius wrote:and if you really think that first quarter was acceptable, then maybe you are thinking that we are crap.....
I suggest you reread my post to you. I said the first quarter was s.hite.
St Fidelius wrote:FFS admit the 1st quarter was crap and move on........
Reread my post. I said they we crap in qtr1 -sheesh
St Fidelius wrote:If it was against any other side in the eight we may have flowered it up...
We can only talk about whom we played. A team who beat Hawthorn last week.
St Fidelius wrote:and again tell me it was NOT RL instructions to play that way in the first quarter

Are you suggesting that Lyon coached them to miss three shots from in front and not to kick a goal??????????
St Fidelius wrote:We never played like that before being coach by RL and yet NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY WE DID IT AGAINST NORTH MELBOURNE....
We played many a bad game before Lyon took over.
St Fidelius wrote:why the F*** did we play like that in the 1st quarter and what changed it around...
Think it would be obvious. The team was supposed to play the did in the last three quarters all game and after Lyon got up them they played the way they should have.

We played tough direct football in the last three quarters. We had an 8 goal turnaround and a 6 goal to one final quarter

I look at the game and the fact that we changed around our game after a terrible first quarter. It was obvious immediatley after qtr time that Lyon had instructed them to play on - run run run, attack the ball, use the talls.

To critisise the caoch after such a win just doesn't wash.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Go back to the FIRST quarter...the Saints MISSED 3 very gettable goals.

All FOUR North goals wre after Saints BLUNDERs..2 by Roo..and 2 by Ball.

Roo's silly 50 m..and Roo having the ball knock him over in the Kangas goal square.

Ball kicking in space to a Roos player!!!..an Ball in the centre handballing to a Roo...

Could have been a very different FIRST quarter if the Saints had been clean....and NONE of that had squat all to do with Lyon.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
markp
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Go back to the FIRST quarter...the Saints MISSED 3 very gettable goals.

Roo's silly 50 m..and Roo having the ball knock him over in the Kangas goal square.

Ball kicking in space to a Roos player!!!..an Ball in the centre handballing to a Roo...

Could have been a very different FIRST quarter if the Saints had been clean....and NONE of that had squat all to do with Lyon.
Spot on... it 'felt' worse than it was :wink:

Shaggy
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Go back to the FIRST quarter...the Saints MISSED 3 very gettable goals.

Our best score in the past 3 matches has been 11 goals.

0.3 in the first quarter simply followed on from that.

It may not directly be RL's fault but I am sure RL would have felt so at the time.

Good to see Kosi given some freedom away from FF so he can make a positive contribution to the result :D .