McEvoy dropped - what a disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

I would rather see McEvoy's prospects more aligned to an ability to play Riewoldt as a true utility player, notionally from a wing.

Then the acid is on Koschitzke to make an impact further up the ground (NOT rucking) and there are options for more height from the goal square.

The reference to Milne being our leading goal scorer (basically on one bag of 7) underscores the difference between ourselves and the remainder of the competition as highlighted by the goal scoring exploits of the Hawthorn duo last night - in a very ordinary game.

Milne plays as a leading forward, often putting his hand up in a "kick it to me" instruction when he has a yard on his opponent and exclusively because he is behind his opponent - and he is just too small to play such a game as seen by the ease of the rebounds off him. That is why bigger opponents match him these days (except Richmond, who will learn), taking away his in behind work including his ability to duck and weave to get behind. It is the absolute emphasis on Milne being a behind player that does not attract me to him - I have always believed forwards should make the game - and to do that you have to be in front. Milne can not lead hard and, at best, presents a 30/70 option for mid-fielders looking at forward options.

This emphasis on being a behind player is the reason he is not a mid-fielder and is consigned exclusively to a forward pocket.

We need height near goal, and we need skilful, hard at it crumbers underneath them.

The prospect of Koschitzke in the former Riewoldt territory around and outside the 50 and Allen and McEvoy from the square, both able to lead or one leading and one the overhead "hot spot" option with a genuine (Ball like) small at the foot of the contest should work.

This represents a mix of 3 talls and 3 others - with the 3 others of the X. Clarke, Ball mould because they can make ground and tackle.

Allen and McEvoy both have mobility, and compliment each other.

Perhaps Steven is the future crumbing, goal kicking small to add to that mix.

Gardiner and King can ruck in tandem, both with dropping back roles.

McEvoy is a better option forward than Gardiner or King because he can lead hard.

Gardiner and King rely on their height - and take a ruckman with them.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

take out Milnes 7 against Tigers (where he won us the game) and he is still first or second in our goal scoring

all this "behind player" crap is just that, crap

he IS one of the best crumbing forwards in the league, and he takes many marks on the lead, chases, tackles (he averages more tackles a game than many other players) and knows how to kick a goal

all this disrespect for Milne is a disgrace

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
To the top
SS Life Member

"The Dud", he got dropped and is now on notice to perform to team expectation.

If he does not perform to team expectations tonight, goodbye.

And I stand by my assesssments of what he brings to the team, and that he is a liability relying on an occasional "bag" of goals against weak opposition for his "reputation".

Tonight will tell the story.