Roughie for this weeks team.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Roughie for this weeks team.

Roughie for this weeks team. Raph Clarke. He was listed amongst the best for the Scorps in front of Dal Santo.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Rather see R C show consistant form 2-4 games befor being selected,doubt he would be match fit anyway imo

gooner
Club Player

Would like to see his first game back at TD.
Would think the fans would really get behind him and show support.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Rather see R C show consistant form 2-4 games befor being selected,doubt he would be match fit anyway imo
Agree, North will be a very stern test for us and I would really hesitate to put a player without some serious match fitness in the side, however if Raph trains strongly and shows he is fit he might come in but I fail to see anyone who should be dropped for him.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:Would think the fans would really get behind him and show support.
Doubtful.

However, given his name popping up in the media a bit this week, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays.

When your ins are the leading goalkicker in the team, your fourth best listed midfielder (behind Lenny, Ball, Harvs), and second leading goalkicker, all in a team that kicked 10 goals last week, with a winning side that was well discliplined, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else to drop out of the team.

I'd like to see Raph and Gwilt act as attacking half back flanks, releasing Gram and Goddard to the midfield permanently.

Raph could come in for Blake or Gilbert, have Chips playing CHB, and Max at FB. Dempster and Gilbert/Blake in the pockets.

The back third will look like this:

B: Dempster Max Gilbert
HB: Raph Chips Gwilt

Or alternatively if Chips is playing loose.

B: Dempster Max Chips
HB: Raph Blake Gwilt
Last edited by Otiman on Thu 26 Jun 2008 4:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Agree, North will be a very stern test for us and I would really hesitate to put a player without some serious match fitness in the side
Sam Gilbert? Has improved since he has gotten back from injury, but I think he is struggling for match fitness at the moment, which shows up in his kicking inaccuracies, cos he's buggered.

Zippy
Club Player

We could use him as a deeper leading forward now that roo has more of a licence to roam. He might be more comfortable there.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:We could use him as a deeper leading forward now that roo has more of a licence to roam. He might be more comfortable there.
We already have Allen and C. Gardiner doing those roles. Agreed that he has more upside than Charlie though, but we're in the business of winning games at the moment.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

After today's revelations I would suspect and expect that a great weight has been lifted from Raph's mind. All power to him. I hope he makes it back into the senior side sooner rather than later !!