kosi (if fit), dal santo, milne must play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:In regards the "match winner" Milne
it's true that he has won us matches this season.

kicked two or three in the last quarter of a tight nab cup final and, with harvs, helped us over the line.

kicked eight against richmond in a team that won by not much.

stopped essendon with a couple of goals when they came storming back at us in round 5

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Lyon stated publicly after the game last week, that we pick teams to win games.

This was slightly odd, considering he just mentioned that we had 3 debutants about 15 times.

But anyway, why would Dal or Milne come straight back in? If we're picking a team to win games, what would have changed from last week in regards to these two by one run in the 2s?
The opposition?

“Yeah….nah””
saintbob
SS Life Member

RL has made a statement and is clearly trying to send a message to the whole playing group with last weeks axing of Milne and Dal Santo, and IMO would be foolish to recall either of them this week. Otherwise the message would be lost and RL would look weak in the eyes of many including the playing group. RL only has to look at Richmond and the Joel Bowden saga, it was a win win situation as Bowden has come back a far better team player as a result of a prolonged stint in the VFL.

IMO opinion Kosi will be the only inclusion this week at the expense of Geary.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:IMO opinion Kosi will be the only inclusion this week at the expense of Geary.
we can still mathematically make the finals. so i reckon we'll play our best team, which (imo) includes kosi, dal and milne

longtimesaint
Club Player

We have a much better chance of finals than mathematically as the next two weeks we play North (8th) and Carlton (10th).
If we wins these we will be entrenched in the eight with several winnable games to come.

One year will be our year
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:RL has made a statement and is clearly trying to send a message to the whole playing group with last weeks axing of Milne and Dal Santo, and IMO would be foolish to recall either of them this week. Otherwise the message would be lost and RL would look weak in the eyes of many including the playing group. RL only has to look at Richmond and the Joel Bowden saga, it was a win win situation as Bowden has come back a far better team player as a result of a prolonged stint in the VFL.

i think they both did everything asked of them last week and have earnt their way back in this week

we need our best team on the park, and Milne and Dal are a big part of that

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
i think they both did everything asked of them last week and have earnt their way back in this week

God only knows what it is that Lyon is asking of them.

saintbob
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:
saintbob wrote:RL has made a statement and is clearly trying to send a message to the whole playing group with last weeks axing of Milne and Dal Santo, and IMO would be foolish to recall either of them this week. Otherwise the message would be lost and RL would look weak in the eyes of many including the playing group. RL only has to look at Richmond and the Joel Bowden saga, it was a win win situation as Bowden has come back a far better team player as a result of a prolonged stint in the VFL.

Obviously these two are part of our best team, and yes they probably did do everything asked of them last week.
I just think the massage that RL was trying to give them would really be enforced, not just to them but the whole playing group if RL stood firm and left them at Casey for another week or two.
Sure if they back last weeks performance up again this week then maybe they could be consider for the game against Carlton.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

Obviously these two are part of our best team, and yes they probably did do everything asked of them last week.
I just think the massage that RL was trying to give them would really be enforced, not just to them but the whole playing group if RL stood firm and left them at Casey for another week or two.
Sure if they back last weeks performance up again this week then maybe they could be consider for the game against Carlton.
problem is that they might be the difference between us winning or losing on saturday.

a couple of goals from milne or a dal santo special like we saw against west coast in harvs's 350th last year could sway what is bound to be a hard-fought match.

saintbob
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
saintbob wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

problem is that they might be the difference between us winning or losing on saturday.

a couple of goals from milne or a dal santo special like we saw against west coast in harvs's 350th last year could sway what is bound to be a hard-fought match.
Agreed, but haven't they been there and done that this year.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Agreed, but haven't they been there and done that this year.
milne's won us two or three matches this season. dal santo is probably polling well in our best and fairest.

but well we'll find out soon enough. i thought it was a mistake to drop them, but i guess ross must have had his reasons

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Good call bigcarl

All 3 have been included in this weeks team!

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Good call bigcarl. All 3 have been included in this weeks team! BANG BANG
won't guarantee a win, of course, but imo all are in our best 22

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

I just think the massage that RL was trying to give them would really be enforced, not just to them but the whole playing group [/b]

Thats concerning bob.... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””