Funniest thing you have heard or seen at a game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Last year at a Saints-Bulldogs game and the crowd had just gone silent when a young lad, obviously just entering puberty, yelled out "C'Mon Doggies" and his voice cracked right in the middle, at peak volume....you've never seen sustained laughter from about 20 rows of supporters...a good ten minutes for the final chuckles to wind up....poor bugger buried his head in his jacket for the rest of the qtr.

Nee!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

in the early 1980s we had a handy defender named doug cox who richmond had their eye on and were looking at poaching.

some wag proudly displayed a sign in the outer at waverley one day warning richmond to keep away. "HANDS OFF COX" it read.

you used to hear some funny stuff in the animal enclosure at moorabbin too, some of which would be considered a bit tasteless nowadays.

richmond had a bearded aboriginal player named michael mitchell and one wag called out "hey mitchell. is that you on the back of the $2 coin?" (which had just come out).

that might be considered racial vilification in 2008, but back then it brought the house down.

but it's still nothing compared to what nicky had to endure at collingwood, where they used to urinate on opposition players as they made their way down the race. and that was just their women. :wink:

esaint66
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:Matt Hardy wrote in his Saturday Afternoon Fever book about a game against Melbourne in the 80's & Steve O'Dwyer, the ginger haired Melbourne ruckman, was pushing and shoving Spud Frawley & some wag yelled out 'Hey O'Dwyer, Ronald McDonald wants his hair back'.

I have read the book up teen times and that still makes me laugh every time. The same bloke also said "hey salmon (paul salmon) john west hates you !" :wink: :lol: :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:quote="saintdooley"]the other week actually...Swans v Saints at the SCG.
was 5 mins into the last quarter and we didnt look like winning, or scoring a goal :x so i thought it was time to bag sydney players because thats what ya do when your team is going to lose :wink:
no.3 for the swans was running after the ball as it went over the line and he kept on running and came straight up the the fence. i stood up and said "p!ss off you fu**ing idiot" and he spat on me. alot of people around me didnt find that funny, but i found it very funny. :lol:

Yes Ive been thinking about this....McVeigh spat on you....really??? and you or noone else in the CS laid a complaint? Hmmmmmm

Sure it wasnt just the result of an exuberant verbal spray you got back for calling him a "****ing idiot"??[/quote]

i was told to write a letter, but i couldnt care less about it. i thought it was all a bit of fun. if i was realy pissed off with him and i wanted something done i would of written the letter, but i couldnt care less.
if you dont believe me watch the replay, its in the 4th quarter and not that far in from memory, i think its about the 4min and 56 second mark is where the ball goes out of bounds? you dont see him spit on me as the camera was on the other side of the ground, but you can tell when do does because i reach over and try to rip his head off for a bit of fun.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Well this was pretty funny, last year I believe.

I was sitting with my old man, my uncle and his mates. We we're playing at the Dome against Richmond. We we're playing pretty average but Richmond we're still struggling. Eventually my dad yells out "Oh come on Richmond, your playing the Scorpions for Gods sake!" as we had a clearly undermanned side. A woman turned around in front of us (obliviously a Scorpions follower) and had a go at him, saying we are the St Kilda Football Club blah blah blah. About 3 minutes later Gwilt errors a kick and my uncle screams out "Thats why his a Scorpions player!!".

Pretty funny.