catching the saints on the coast- from Thur to Mon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

catching the saints on the coast- from Thur to Mon

Gilbert, a graduate of Palm Beach-Currumbin High School, is set to give some current PBC students an insight into the makings of his AFL career on Thursday.

About 50 students studying sports excellence have been invited to draft a series of football-related questions, and, although they are on study leave this week, some of them will catch up with Gilbert via a telephone hook-up.

This is a forerunner to a busy schedule for of promotional activities for St Kilda players on Monday which will include many opportunities to engage with local fans, celebrities and students.

http://saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Default ... wsid=62155

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Yeah, well I wish someone would tell me what it is :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
boneless23
Club Player

I went to Palm Beach Currumbin High School and was in the Innaugral Sports Excellence program squad. It is good to see the program is still producing quality footballers like Sam.

I must say those where the days. Studying football as a subject, a great deal more interesting than chemistry.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

boneless23 wrote:I went to Palm Beach Currumbin High School and was in the Innaugral Sports Excellence program squad. It is good to see the program is still producing quality footballers like Sam.

I must say those where the days. Studying football as a subject, a great deal more interesting than chemistry.
f*** oath!
im doing chemistry at the moment and i dont get one bloody thing! i have to pay people to do my stupid homework because even if i try i fail, so yeah...it sucks as a subject!
i might have a word to the school about that 8-) , AFL Football as a subject, i like the idea! :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
boneless23
Club Player

Yeah it was sweet....most of the classes were practical in which we would train or go to the gym. We had about three class room sessions a week where we would go through our tactics etc or study for our level 1 coaching course and sports managment course.....GOLD

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Are they going to visit the Mudgeeraba Saints?
It's the closest junior club to Carrara.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
f*** oath!
im doing chemistry at the moment and i dont get one bloody thing! i have to pay people to do my stupid homework because even if i try i fail, so yeah...it sucks as a subject!

...pity you don't pay someone to do your posts for you...."cause you suck at that too......... :evil:

.....only kidding..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
f*** oath!

...pity you don't pay someone to do your posts for you...."cause you suck at that too......... :evil:
I'll do it for $5 a post. Just call me or PM me, i'll rewrite what you've said so people can understand it, then PM it to you, and you and your friends can use it to get a better grade on the forum.... :roll:

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I have just finished a subject at school based around footy. We had a pre season training camp, regular sessions made up of new footy drills and we did some coaching of primary school kids. We also recently went on another camp and visited Skilled Stadium (had a very interesting talk from Brendan McCartney), Waverly (Jordan Lewis never showed up for his tour), the Lexus Centre (standard tour) and saw Carlton train at Optus. We also went to see the Essendon/Geelong game.

And up until GT's departure, every year the group would get a talk from St Kilda coaches/players at Moorabbin and was allowed in the rooms before a game.

We also just had a footy clinic with a group of Geelong players, but so did all other schools in the area.

Needless to say, I'm glad I chose that subject over extra maths.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
f*** oath!

.....only kidding..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I agree 100%, except for the 'only kidding' part.....Thought that was blatantly unnecessary.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

My brother caught the Saints today on the plane (not happy Jan, couldn't go up for the game myself as I have to be in Adelaide on Sunday for work). Sat next to the team psychologist and shared a few tidbits with me briefly tonight. Apparently Gilbert is rated a future leader within the club and Robert Eddy rates highly in terms of his mental approach and attitude. Was apparently also interested to hear from my brother on the public perception of the dropping of Dal and Milney last week.

Apparently they will be staying at the same hotel as the team so if I get any other info will post it in this thread.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!