Funniest thing you have heard or seen at a game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
perfectionist wrote:I have a couple.

See below - sort of technical glitch.

You pressed the submit button too many times.
Didn't realise that once was too many!

I presume that your comment was a guess.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:I was cheering at saints vs lions practice match and there was a 3 year old girl decked up in her lions stuff. It was hilarious that she liked what i was doing and yelled out ' go saints' i turned around and the look on the parents was gold, they ended up moving to the other side of the hill

That was like me at the dome i had some little cats fan that whenever i yelled something encouraging for the boys on the field he would always start yelliing " GO CATS !!" at the top of his voice so i started yelling "GO SAINTS" and it went back and forth until he ended up yelling "GO SAINTS !!" to the bewilderment of his Cat loving family. He went bright red :D :wink:

Zippy
Club Player

The funniest thing I've ever seen is Scott McLaren umpiring.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the other week actually...Swans v Saints at the SCG.
was 5 mins into the last quarter and we didnt look like winning, or scoring a goal :x so i thought it was time to bag sydney players because thats what ya do when your team is going to lose :wink:
no.3 for the swans was running after the ball as it went over the line and he kept on running and came straight up the the fence. i stood up and said "p!ss off you fu**ing idiot" and he spat on me. alot of people around me didnt find that funny, but i found it very funny. :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:the other week actually...Swans v Saints at the SCG.
was 5 mins into the last quarter and we didnt look like winning, or scoring a goal :x so i thought it was time to bag sydney players because thats what ya do when your team is going to lose :wink:
no.3 for the swans was running after the ball as it went over the line and he kept on running and came straight up the the fence. i stood up and said "p!ss off you fu**ing idiot" and he spat on me. alot of people around me didnt find that funny, but i found it very funny. :lol:
witty....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Batnoe

SaintDooly

If you are going to back out one of their players make sure you know who they are it is more fun

Number 3- J McVeigh!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Gee..can't understand why everyone around you wasnt rolling on the floor laughing..thats a side-splitter

Personally Id have told you exactly the same thing back 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
JeffDunne

The game when the lights went out is still my fav.

Plenty of humour in the crowd that night - on and off the field.

I was one of the idiots too that turned up to watch the remainder of the game being played. In hindsight I'm not sure what was sillier - playing the remainder of the game on another day or idiots like me turning up to watch it.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

At a game Vs North Melbourne in the late 90's with my Dad and brother sitting on the fence at the G, one supporter screamed at a certain North fullback who happened to be near the boundry line

"Mick Martin youve got a head like a kicked in can"

Ric and I laughed our asses off!

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

we had some great ones at the subi games. i remember one from bangers 350th when the eagles got out thier befor the game show thing where the real eagle flys up to sit on the top teir stand roof and then flys back down to its handler ... any way the qtr time siren went and there was a seagull walking in the goal square when one of the Western Saints stood up and Proclamed "theres the Freo Eagle !!" boy did we laugh!!!

for years when ever we play the dockers i always get pleanty of looks when i yell out "kick it to CLIVE !!!" in referance to the long time retired hack of a no. 1 draft pick Clive Waterhouse , another Gem of mine is doing the seagull call everytime farmer gets near the ball

but my personal best was at this years essendon game when mcphee kicked that impossible goal from the boundry when i yelled out (all be it softly cause i had tonsilitis) " no one touch that ball Mcphee just pulled it out of his ARSEEEE!!!!!"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

mcveigh spat on u?

after all the s*** we see about fans spitting in the direction of players (tigers and blues from memory)...u are actually saying that an afl playing spat ON u?

HarveysDeciple

against the eagles in 2003.

Phillip Matera in the goal square and a saints fan yells out "your wife's got 2 arseholes matera, and your one of them".

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
mcveigh spat on u?

after all the s*** we see about fans spitting in the direction of players (tigers and blues from memory)...u are actually saying that an afl playing spat ON u?
'From little things, big things grow', it applies to all things in life, even tall stories...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:
saint edward wrote:You pressed the submit button too many times.
Didn't realise that once was too many!
Most often, around here, it is. Like now.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ANyone who has to endure going to the footy in a non-victorian state, will know what I mean. As a supporter for the visiting team you feel like the only intelligent person in a sea of idiots. The one sided crowd, does make you crave for the the give & take of opposition supporters. What is worse tho, if you have to endure a decade of getting thumped by the lions at the gabba.

So after another embarrassing 10+ goal win to the lions, & as Acker did his usual handstand near the boundary line, I let fly with, "If I wanted to see a clown I would have gone to the circus". I dont know if Acker heard me(hope he did) but I know about 50 furious red faced lions fans did.

Trouble with brisbane fans the best retort they could muster was angry stares...

Seeya
milney044
Club Player

I remember a game at Waverly wen the umpiring was hopeless and all the hardcore blokes were abusing them and an old grandma chimed in with "go home you white fairy".

The constant abuse hurled at Farmer isn't bad either.

An practise match last year was classic it was a throw in after a free wasn't paid right near us and mum shouted "Oi Thomas shouldn't you be on the bench, i think your hot rollers are ready", he said f*** off and we were awarded with a 50m penatly haha. It might have been a coincidence but the timing was perfect.

I remember one game i was being an idiot sitting behind an Essendon supporter and after we kicked a goal with exaggerated enthusiasm i yelled SMASHHHHH EMMMMM. the guy turned around and gave me the dirtiest look as if to say 'are you for real?'. Of corse, the bombers over took us and i looked like an even bigger clown.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
markp
Saintsational Legend

First time we played the roos after the 'Carey affair', someone yelling "take a good look at your kids, they're all Carey's!"....

Farmer walking off the ground at the end of a game, screwing up his face at some fan and saying "f**k off f**k face!"....

Barry Hall going nuts at Waverley park, and a crows fan yelling in a mocking tone "go on, hit him Barry!"... to which a hard-arsed looking saints fan followed in a dead serious tone "Yeah go on, hit him Barry!"....

Almost anything involving Richo....

spert
Saintsational Legend

Recently the funniest thing I have seen is watching Freo play.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

funny story

I went to a game agaist the doggies when Malthouse was the coach (that long ago.)
We won a close and nasty game and i turned to my father Geoff to leave and saw he wasn't there. That's when i saw him standing on the back of a chair in front of the doggies coaches box giving the 2 finger salute with both hands "Up yours Malthouse, Up yours Malthouse, etc "

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:no.3 for the swans was running after the ball as it went over the line and he kept on running and came straight up the the fence. i stood up and said "p!ss off you fu**ing idiot" and he spat on me.
Sounds like McVeigh played out the fantasy of many an SS poster...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I was guilty of cracking up the Saints members on Level 2.

There was a ball up in the Melborune game and Jason Blake got dragged away from the ruck contest.

I yelled out, "Look at that, he pulled him off!"

As I said it, I knew there was no going back..

Anyway I followed that with a very sheepish, "....in a manner of speaking!"

It was too late and the whole block of supporters laughed.

The worst part was that I took my elderly mother with me for her first game in years.She won't forget it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Last year when we were playing Collingwood at the MCG, Ray Chamberlain was very close to the boundry and it was clearly apparent that he had a "wedgie". He was trying to be discreet about picking his "wedgie" when he was advised from over the fence to just pick it and get it over and done with. This only served to make him feel that little bit more uncomfortable !!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Here's a non St.Kilda one, my friends and I were at the elimination final in the early 80's between North and Collingwood.

About 10 minutes into the game Arnold Briedis (North) shirt fronted and absolutely laid out Ron Wearmouth of Collingwood.

About 10 minutes later Briedis kicked a brilliant goal from the boundary to which my friend yelled out "That's the 2nd best thing you've done today Briedis".

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Some absolute crackers there...just shows how much fun (amidst the pain & suffering) that going to the footy is.

There's always laughs to be had at the G in the standing room areas & my teenage years in the Animal Enclosure are much cherished.

Matt Hardy wrote in his Saturday Afternoon Fever book about a game against Melbourne in the 80's & Steve O'Dwyer, the ginger haired Melbourne ruckman, was pushing and shoving Spud Frawley & some wag yelled out 'Hey O'Dwyer, Ronald McDonald wants his hair back'.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

quote="saintdooley"]the other week actually...Swans v Saints at the SCG.
no.3 for the swans was running after the ball as it went over the line and he kept on running and came straight up the the fence. i stood up and said "p!ss off you fu**ing idiot" and he spat on me. alot of people around me didnt find that funny, but i found it very funny. :lol:[/quote]

Yes Ive been thinking about this....McVeigh spat on you....really??? and you or noone else in the CS laid a complaint? Hmmmmmm

Sure it wasnt just the result of an exuberant verbal spray you got back for calling him a "****ing idiot"??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor