AUSSIE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:Aussie at his MINIPULATIVE best he said "I am a passionate St Kilda person" then goes on to bag the daylights out of everything about the club and backs up Dal and Milne against the coach :evil:
Aussie if you are looking for a job at the club or a real coaching job, this is not the way to go about it, decent people see through these sort of comments, and its not the first time he has done this publically :roll:
It would have been good if you had said " well I think its great that the club has finally taken back control of the club away from the players who over the past 30 years have been able to get the coach sacked when they didnt like the way he is going about things"
Aussie remember the Prelim in 2005 mate, you shouldnt be criticising anyone.... :oops: :oops:
I hope the club keeps you as far away as they can forever....looser LLL
He might not want to coach and as special comments person should say exactly what he thinks as GT does or because they ex Saints players they should lie about what they actually think and just toe the party line.
I dont want him to toe the party line, but have you heard James Hird bag Essendon, its pretty simple Aussie has no class, he has been at this bagging s*** every opportunity he gets...why not talk about the youth, the 3 players playing thier first game, how proud he is to see his old No5 going to a first round pick...
And you are right in your comments above "he and GT" peas in a pod..
and the Bombers have Sheedy & Hird....I rest my case
Didnt know Hird or Sheeds did special comments. What station are they on. Must listen to them next time they do an Essendon game.
Both Sheedy & Hird are in the media more than Aussie and as much as GT, but they dont behave the same way...
Aussie and GT have a choice as to how he answers questions, Aussie has taken every opportunity to bag the new coach and the club this year
I just want to know what radio station or TV they are on during games involving Essendon when they are asked to give special comments on that particular game. Please tell me as I want to hear them.

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:Aussie at his MINIPULATIVE best he said "I am a passionate St Kilda person" then goes on to bag the daylights out of everything about the club and backs up Dal and Milne against the coach :evil:
Aussie if you are looking for a job at the club or a real coaching job, this is not the way to go about it, decent people see through these sort of comments, and its not the first time he has done this publically :roll:
It would have been good if you had said " well I think its great that the club has finally taken back control of the club away from the players who over the past 30 years have been able to get the coach sacked when they didnt like the way he is going about things"
Aussie remember the Prelim in 2005 mate, you shouldnt be criticising anyone.... :oops: :oops:
He might not want to coach and as special comments person should say exactly what he thinks as GT does or because they ex Saints players they should lie about what they actually think and just toe the party line.
I dont want him to toe the party line, but have you heard James Hird bag Essendon, its pretty simple Aussie has no class, he has been at this bagging s*** every opportunity he gets...why not talk about the youth, the 3 players playing thier first game, how proud he is to see his old No5 going to a first round pick...
And you are right in your comments above "he and GT" peas in a pod..
and the Bombers have Sheedy & Hird....I rest my case
Didnt know Hird or Sheeds did special comments. What station are they on. Must listen to them next time they do an Essendon game.
Both Sheedy & Hird are in the media more than Aussie and as much as GT, but they dont behave the same way...
Aussie and GT have a choice as to how he answers questions, Aussie has taken every opportunity to bag the new coach and the club this year
I just want to know what radio station or TV they are on during games involving Essendon when they are asked to give special comments on that particular game. Please tell me as I want to hear them.
no need to get cute....you know what I am saying, listen to the Aussie interview, he is a past player (who cost us a GF spot in 2005) who is saying that the players are not playing for the coach....etc etc
If you are ok with that, then good for you.....as I have said before no class and has an agenda, thats all... 8-)
Hird is too smart to be doing special comments and Sheedy too, even if they were asked you know what the answer would be about thier team, club or coach, it wouldnt be what Aussie serves up.. :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cost a spot in a GF in 2005. What are you one we lost by heaps. Fair dinkum why do people get this hatred of our players after they leave the club. No wonder ex player hardly ever come back.

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Cost a spot in a GF in 2005. What are you one we lost by heaps. Fair dinkum why do people get this hatred of our players after they leave the club. No wonder ex player hardly ever come back.
Have you not been at the past two Hall of Fame nights, I have and so have a lot of past players....looked like they were enjoing themselves and back in force....

Our best is yet
to come......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Cost a spot in a GF in 2005. What are you one we lost by heaps. Fair dinkum why do people get this hatred of our players after they leave the club. No wonder ex player hardly ever come back.
Have you not been at the past two Hall of Fame nights, I have and so have a lot of past players....looked like they were enjoing themselves and back in force....
Still waiting on how Aussie cost us a spot in a GF. Of course ex players go to a hall of fame night but we have nearly the smallest past players group in the AFL and I know that because my Dad goes to the functions.

savatage
SS Life Member

How can Aussie Jones bag the club mentioning commitment & hunger?

He retired at 28 because he didn't have the commitment & hunger to play football & said he was half arsing it towards the end of his career. Pot kettle black & I like Aussie Jones - but I can't swallow that absolute bulls***.

NoMore
Club Player

Thought Aussie was spot on

esaint66
SS Life Member

I was talking to himafter he coached my mate last week and he asked me wheter i was enhjoying this season and i said its had its moments and he said exactly and we went out seperate ways.

He was obviously hurt by the way the club is headed at this point in time.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

he is a past player (who cost us a GF spot in 2005) who is saying that the players are not playing for the coach
As is half of this forum, and most of the general public. Whether it's true or not, it's only an opinion. If playing for a club means you have to become a mindless robot that toes the party line forever, I can see why players are pushing for free agency. Seriously, the guys in the media and can say whatever he chooses.

Saints43
Club Player

savatage wrote:How can Aussie Jones bag the club mentioning commitment & hunger?

He retired at 28 because he didn't have the commitment & hunger to play football & said he was half arsing it towards the end of his career. Pot kettle black & I like Aussie Jones - but I can't swallow that absolute bulls***.
He was honest with himself. Honest with the club. Didn't take money from the club under false pretense.

Have a think...

savatage
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
savatage wrote:How can Aussie Jones bag the club mentioning commitment & hunger?

He was honest with himself. Honest with the club. Didn't take money from the club under false pretense.

Have a think...
I thought I already did the thinking part - I'm all for freedom of speech & I liked him as a person & footballer, I just saw a lot of irony in his comments.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What a fascinating interview from Aussie - an interview that told me more about Aussie and his aspirations than anything else...

I mean...the very valid point and question was asked of Aussie - "St Kilda have had only had 2 Rising star nominations since 2004 and the decision was made to win a flag here and now which meant "top up" as opposed to "develop"."...................................so how does Aussies respond to talk about 4 years of "top up" recruiting?????........He talks again about Ross Lyons failure in drafting Sneider/Dempster (both 23 mind you..) and King/Gardiner - HE DOESNT mention that at least under Lyon we have also blooded more kids than Thomas dreant of over the last 3 yrs.

Yep.......fairly certain Aussie has an agenda....and a dissapointing way to go about it IMO.

“Yeah….nah””
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Disgraceful post. Aussie is a Signed Sealed Sainter if ever there was one.

Halo Halo
Club Player

Mate, you are a knob..

First things first Aussie Jones did NOT cost us a spot in the 2005 - From where I was sitting there were a whole lotta blokes on the ground that night that cost us not just the one wearing #5..

Having played for 11 years & putting on the Saints jumper 226 times he is club legend & I think he is allowed to give her opinion on the club without being labeled a manipulator & having the validity of his comments questioned..

I have never met you mate, but I would rate Austinn Jones a decent bloke & a bloke who is passionate about the Saints & like us all knows something is wrong at the club..

I for one appreciate the honesty Aussie shows, rather than tow the 'everything is fine' line that the club throws out!!

RBnW your comments show me that you are a dis-respectful & un-loyal fool.. (If you were a loyal Saints supporter you would not & could not bag the shite out of one of our legends)

mischa
Club Player

Re: AUSSIE

bergsone wrote:Anyone else hear the Aussie Jones interview on radio before the Freo game,came across very well ,words used about saints mentioned were disinterest ,no passion and negative mindset no players have improved in last 18 months .Maybe someone has a record of whole interview as i am only going on memory,but interesting observations from a coach in waiting maybe
Love Aussie but disagree about the 'passion' issue. It's there but over a period of time the game style has negated flair, instinct and improvisation. We are now a team of working or need to be plodders.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
spert
Saintsational Legend

Obviously Aussie's comments were intended to fire up the team, and it worked well -we won. Could be a good coach one day with inspirational talk like that.

bergsone
SS Life Member

I am sure everyone on this forum has a story to tell about a certain player,coach costing us a game,final, whatever mine is R GALT in 71,as for A Jones costing us a G final ,iam sure he was as disappointed as all of us,its a lot easier this side of the fence

RBnW
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:
Mate, you are a knob..

First things first Aussie Jones did NOT cost us a spot in the 2005 - From where I was sitting there were a whole lotta blokes on the ground that night that cost us not just the one wearing #5..

Having played for 11 years & putting on the Saints jumper 226 times he is club legend & I think he is allowed to give her opinion on the club without being labeled a manipulator & having the validity of his comments questioned..

I have never met you mate, but I would rate Austinn Jones a decent bloke & a bloke who is passionate about the Saints & like us all knows something is wrong at the club..

I for one appreciate the honesty Aussie shows, rather than tow the 'everything is fine' line that the club throws out!!

RBnW your comments show me that you are a dis-respectful & un-loyal fool.. (If you were a loyal Saints supporter you would not & could not bag the shite out of one of our legends)
listen to the interview, he doesnt need to tow the party line, he went out of his way to bag the club, coach and recruitment, he didnt need to do that, so why did he do that?
Because he played for 11 years, should we all like you are suggesting accept everything he says?
No problem with honesty, but I am not alone in my Aussie view, listen to the interview....In my opinion he Did cost us the Prelim in 2005, he was asked to do a job and didnt do it in the most important game of his time at the club.
That aside, he is our Libratore......

did you read Teflons post:
What a fascinating interview from Aussie - an interview that told me more about Aussie and his aspirations than anything else...

I mean...the very valid point and question was asked of Aussie - "St Kilda have had only had 2 Rising star nominations since 2004 and the decision was made to win a flag here and now which meant "top up" as opposed to "develop"."...................................so how does Aussies respond to talk about 4 years of "top up" recruiting?????........He talks again about Ross Lyons failure in drafting Sneider/Dempster (both 23 mind you..) and King/Gardiner - HE DOESNT mention that at least under Lyon we have also blooded more kids than Thomas dreant of over the last 3 yrs.

Yep.......fairly certain Aussie has an agenda....and a dissapointing way to go about it IMO.

it appears that I am not a K**b or at least not on my own :P :P

Our best is yet
to come......
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

and here i though it was the sydney swans that cost us a spot in the 2005 granny :roll:

on the serious side its a shame that our clubs former players/coaches rarly have anything possitive to say about the club ,not knocking Aussie but he really didnt need to say what he said the whole country knows we have been lacking this year so maybe if he spent more time on the possitives of the year his comments would of been better recived especially givin the time frame of the comments .

you would never hear Buckley give the filth a serve like that nor Voss to the Brions heck even though the coasters got flogged by 135 points Jacovich still talked up the possitive to come out of the year so it seems fairly common practice for special comment men to still show some loyalty to not sink the boots in

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Anybody hear Buckley tonight on 3AW?

They replayed an argument he had with Tony Shaw over the weekend about his (Shaw's) comments on Malthouse handling of Heath SHaw last week.
A spirited argument with Buckley telling Shaw he shouldn't comment on anything to do with his nephew specifically and Collingwood generally.
Shaw responded that he is a paid commentator and it is his duty to commentate.
The argument ended with Buckley saying he agreed with what Shaw said about Malthouse but that he shouldn't have said it.

Tonight he went further and stated that he (Buckley)would not pass critical comment on Malthouse or the Pies, and others like him in the media (I took that to mean recently retired players) should follow the same principle.
He was told by the others in the discussion that he was then compromised as a commentator.
He raised the issue of the allegations against Eddie Maguire having a 'conflict of interest' and said that he (Buckley), Shaw, Watson and anybody else like that had a similar conflict of interest.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Anybody hear Buckley tonight on 3AW?

They replayed an argument he had with Tony Shaw over the weekend about his (Shaw's) comments on Malthouse handling of Heath SHaw last week.
A spirited argument with Buckley telling Shaw he shouldn't comment on anything to do with his nephew specifically and Collingwood generally.
Shaw responded that he is a paid commentator and it is his duty to commentate.
The argument ended with Buckley saying he agreed with what Shaw said about Malthouse but that he shouldn't have said it.

Tonight he went further and stated that he (Buckley)would not pass critical comment on Malthouse or the Pies, and others like him in the media (I took that to mean recently retired players) should follow the same principle.
He was told by the others in the discussion that he was then compromised as a commentator.
He raised the issue of the allegations against Eddie Maguire having a 'conflict of interest' and said that he (Buckley), Shaw, Watson and anybody else like that had a similar conflict of interest.
Interesting magic but I guess its beside the point when,like Aussie, its about getting a job.....I was hoping hed be at least balanced and smart enough to know the rot set in with our list before now.....but he was a GT fan as a player and I reckon that shows.

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Interesting magic but I guess its beside the point when,like Aussie, its about getting a job.....I was hoping hed be at least balanced and smart enough to know the rot set in with our list before now.....but he was a GT fan as a player and I reckon that shows.
I heard it and thought he was a bit over the top. What involvement does Aussie have with the STKFC at the moment?

If nothing, how would he know about not playing for the coach? I mean really it did sound a bit premeditated and a bit of an old boy agenda going on.
Wasn't really impressed that even if he did know something he would air the clubs dirty laundry. If he was surmising he should then STFU.

Like Libba great player for the club but STFU if you dont know whats going on.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Teflon wrote: Interesting magic but I guess its beside the point when,like Aussie, its about getting a job.....I was hoping hed be at least balanced and smart enough to know the rot set in with our list before now.....but he was a GT fan as a player and I reckon that shows.
I heard it and thought he was a bit over the top. What involvement does Aussie have with the STKFC at the moment?

If nothing, how would he know about not playing for the coach? I mean really it did sound a bit premeditated and a bit of an old boy agenda going on.
Wasn't really impressed that even if he did know something he would air the clubs dirty laundry. If he was surmising he should then STFU.

Agreed Joffa, would have appreciated it if the interviewers had bothered to ask Aussie id he KNEW this from information hed been told by players or was it his assumption?

There wasnt a lot to it and Im an unashamed Aussie fan but I dont reckon he did himself many favours....and Aussie should know all about muck raking and rumours.....he wore a few of his own.

“Yeah….nah””
rexy
SS Life Member

Didnt see a problem with the interview personally. Agree with a lot of what he said, would rather he didnt need to say it because it was not happening but as it is, he gets to choose how he answers his own questions. Respect the likes of Buckley for not saying anything negative but respect the likes of Jones and Shaw for being honest.

What i dont understand is why so many people on here are more concerned about other peoples opinions than they are on developing their own. If you disagree with what the man says then try starting a post with I disagree with Jones that RL doesnt have the respect of the group because........................? Instead of bagging a 200 game player for his part in a loss nearly 3 years ago.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Agreed Joffa, would have appreciated it if the interviewers had bothered to ask Aussie id he KNEW this from information hed been told by players or was it his assumption?

There wasnt a lot to it and Im an unashamed Aussie fan but I dont reckon he did himself many favours....and Aussie should know all about muck raking and rumours.....he wore a few of his own.
You guys cannot be serious. He is a paid special comments person. Agenda why would he have one. I cannot beleive people think as a ex Saints player he should lie to the public and himself just to please the club and supporters. He must be honest withself and say what he thinks. And him being a GT man well there were rumours at one stage GT tried to get rid of him and now he is a GT man.

Who cares what former players say. Does it matter at all to anyone. No. Not one person at the club would give a stuff about what Aussie said.