Coburg v Scorps: Discuss Here !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The only way we'll really know how Dal went is if someone from the Saints
coaching panel came on here and told us what was required of him and how THEY rated his performance,it's not often someone who was rated as shite gets in the best players and has 23 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 inside 50's,unless those stats were "gathered" in the warm up......

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:The only way we'll really know how Dal went is if someone from the Saints
coaching panel came on here and told us what was required of him and how THEY rated his performance,it's not often someone who was rated as shite gets in the best players and has 23 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 inside 50's,unless those stats were "gathered" in the warm up......
Or just wait for 5pm Thursday evening.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Or just wait for 5pm Thursday evening.
Thats too true..It's the only answer we'll get here

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
adobe
Club Player

Solar wrote:by the sound of it dal didn't work hard enough in the seconds. I am assuming that getting hard ball gets, tackles and 1%'s would be high on the "to do" list for dal so he will need to keep working.

Good to hear about Khan. Milne and birss might have done enough to get a call up.

How did Silvagni go for those who went? Where did miles play?
Alex Silvagni was one of the best players on the ground has been voted one of the best in 9 out of 11 games must be looked at the end of season for AFL selection. The Casey captain Kyle Matthews broke an ankle could be out for the season a great loss.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

adobe wrote: The Casey captain Kyle Matthews broke an ankle could be out for the season a great loss.
thats a shame - he hasn't been back long
Wally be captain again?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so ive just read 6 pages and we've gone from he did f*** all for the whole game......to he had 20+ touches and laid 6 tackles.

me thinks some trolly trolls have been bullshitting...

although i did think zipp would know and call it down the line.
anyway, spose we'll find out come thursday.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

geezus this threads done my head.

I was hopelessly dissapointed earlier in the thread that Dal hadnt heeded the message to now being left with.........were some of these reports watching the right bloke?

:shock:

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

On a lighter note - nice to see some good reports on some young guys, Harakutu, Howard, and Steven.

Good to see we are focussing on the future.

Dont worry about Dal. He will be back bigger and better than ever.

Sounds like he had a pretty good game. Like I thought he would he didn't snatch it and sook, but contributed.

I liked the 7 tackles stat as well.

Look forward to seeing Dal and Kosi and mabye Ferg and X back soon and watching us consolidate a top 8 spot with a win over North.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

well he wore a diff #
but surely not.......nahhh, surely everyone knew that.

:?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

On a serious note I went down to the game today and had no idea Nick Dal Santo was a Torres Straight Islander....fascinating..... :shock: :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

matrixcutter wrote:so ive just read 6 pages and we've gone from he did f*** all for the whole game......to he had 20+ touches and laid 6 tackles.
the 20+ stat was from an embattled frustrated newby trying to get the NDSA off his back...(Nick DalSanto Authority) :oops:

Seeya
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Milne, Dal do enough to earn recall

Chris Mitchell | June 23, 2008 12:00am

ST KILDA stars Nick Dal Santo and Stephen Milne got their hands dirty in the VFL yesterday, playing pivotal roles in Casey's 53-point win against Coburg.

Dropped for the first time this season for Friday night's game against Fremantle at Telstra Dome, both put up their hands for an instant recall to the Saints' side for Saturday night's game against North Melbourne at Carrara with impressive performances.

Milne, who played forward and in the midfield, was particularly damaging, booting four goals from 23 disposals to be best afield, while Dal Santo played onball and shrugged off a heavy tag from Coburg's Nick Carnell to finish with 11 kicks and eight handballs.

While Dal Santo refused to talk to the media, Milne said he was happy to find form in wet and slippery conditions at Coburg City Oval.

"It was a bit of a mud-heap but it was good to have a win," the 28-year-old said.

"It was pretty tough out there. It reminded me of the good old junior days in the mud. It was real (tough) footy and it was good to get a run on the ball and . . . get on the end of a couple."

Asked what his role for the game was, Milne said: "To get amongst it."

Scorpions coach Greg Hutchison said he was pleased with the tackling and defensive pressure of both players.

"I thought Dal Santo and Milne both presented themselves very well," he said.

"I thought their attitude was fantastic and their work-rate was great. We just wanted them to play with a fair bit of effort and intensity, and they both showed that.

"I thought Nick's last quarter was really good. He worked really hard, made some good tackles and put himself in the contest, which is what we asked him to do."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Where are the 3-4 guys who went to the game now. Off getting the eyes checked to see if they can open both eyes so that they can see who Dal is next week when he plays against North.

Did they think he was number 26 for Scorps. By a record next time guys.

One word agenda and they had one.

NoMore
Club Player

No Agenda here. I love Dal and honestly watched for him all day. I'm glad he had alot of stats but to be honest if you watched the game you would not have noticed him much.

Good on him i will be glad to see both of them back in the team as we are a much better team with them both in it

yipper
SS Life Member

Yeah, thanks for those highly accurate reports on Dals efforts. Ppl watched him from the fence all day??? Hmmm ok. He's gone from getting no more than 8 possies and NO tackles and being lazy - to laying several tackles and having at least 19 touches and working very hard with a good attitude according to the both a journo covering the game AND the Scorps coach.

That was an amazing read - just incredible.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

in Zippy's defence he did say he could only see 1/2 the field or words to that effect I thought.

tbh when I did got to friends games anything past about 70metres was a bit of a blur of bodies, bumps and the odd flying football, especially in muddy conditions.

I see nothing sinister in this at all from folks who actually went to the game compared to those who didn't go to the game calling Dal soft and weak and what not.

if y ou go and make observation and share them, I see nothing sinister in this.

and tbh as a person who think dal santo is a quality person and plaer (or at least has been in the past) I find it all worth taking on board.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote: but to be honest if you watched the game you would not have noticed him much.
It seems that good players doing nothing is part of our game plan. Perhaps that's what Dal had to go back to Casey to learn?

yipper
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:in Zippy's defence he did say he could only see 1/2 the field or words to that effect I thought.

tbh when I did got to friends games anything past about 70metres was a bit of a blur of bodies, bumps and the odd flying football, especially in muddy conditions.

I see nothing sinister in this at all from folks who actually went to the game compared to those who didn't go to the game calling Dal soft and weak and what not.

if y ou go and make observation and share them, I see nothing sinister in this.

and tbh as a person who think dal santo is a quality person and plaer (or at least has been in the past) I find it all worth taking on board.
Yeah, fair enough!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
yipper
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
NoMore wrote: but to be honest if you watched the game you would not have noticed him much.
It seems that good players doing nothing is part of our game plan. Perhaps that's what Dal had to go back to Casey to learn?
That seems to be a contradiction on your other post - where you say that our good players NEED to play well to win!!??

spert
Saintsational Legend

Appears NDS still has issues with taggers, even at a lower grade of footy in the VFL. I think he may have another week in the Scorps, though Milne seemed to respond better to Lyon's challenge.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
That seems to be a contradiction on your other post - where you say that our good players NEED to play well to win!!??
They do.

Which is probably why we don't win much these days!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

...from the age....

"two in a row for Hawks

Michael Sharkie | June 23, 2008

BOX Hill, winless until the previous weekend, had its second victory yesterday, defeating Frankston by seven points in the inaugural EastLink Cup at Frankston Oval.

It was all one-way traffic for the Dolphins early; they kicked seven goals to one in the first term and although the Hawks hit back in the second quarter, kicking four goals to two, Frankston led by 26 points at half-time.

But the wheels fell off the Dolphins in the second half, while Box Hill played like a team possessed, with Nathan Batsanis and Mitchell Thorp running riot, and key forward Digby Morrell marking strongly.

The Hawks still trailed at the last change, by 13 points, and faced a tough task in blustery conditions. But, Frankston tired, the signs of a few weeks of hard-fought matches showing on Brett Lovett's players.

At Coburg, the Casey Scorpions won by 53 points against the Coburg Tigers, with 37 goals being kicked in the match.

Stephen Milne was outstanding in his return to the VFL, kicking four goals for Casey and thrilling the crowd, while his high-profile teammate Nick Dal Santo was workmanlike in the midfield.

The win was even more meritorious as the Casey bench was reduced to two players after half-time following an ankle injury to captain Kyle Matthews and a concussion to Beau Vernon.

Ruckman Michael Rix also left the field with a suspected concussion in the second quarter but returned to the fray and kicked an inspirational goal.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

They just interviewed Nick's opponent...who thought Nick played an ordinary game..and that he was told Nick only got 12 touches....

Obviously this guy has a bias........ :wink:

However with Dal.....no one really knows what the coaches asked him to focus on for the game....and so none of us really know whether he achieved or not what the coaches wanted him to focus on.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting how many conflicting reports there are of Dal Santo's influence on the game. Some say he was bad, the media report names him in the best, first report was 8 touches, then 23, then 19, then 12... I wonder how many touches Dal thinks he got? :)

For all I've now read on the subject, I still have absolutely no idea whether Dal Santo was any good over the weekend.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford