Coburg v Scorps: Discuss Here !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

RH35 wrote:Howard was very good. Is coming along well. Not many tricks but clean hands and all the athletic gifts required
It's good to see people are showing Howard some respect. He has come on in a huge way this year, and should be next in line for a senior spot.

Miles is a very interesting one, obviously plays as a tall back, and has the speed to go with any leading full forward. Lacks in height, so most leading full forwards would have a height advantage. Could set up some synergy with someone like Gwilt who is good in the one on ones, but struggles when his opponent is on a lead.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Boppa wrote:
saintbrat wrote:2008 VFL Seniors

Coburg Tigers 2.3 4.5 10.12 14.14 (98)
Casey Scorpions 5.3 12.7 16.10 23.13 (151)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Schulz 5 Pettifer 2 Howat 2 Carnell Tivendale Connors Collard Horne
Casey Scorpions: Milne 4 Rix 3 Clarke 2 O'Bryan 2 Miles 2 Dunne 2 Garrubba 2 Birss Waite Howard Steven Haretuku Matthews

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Carrick Carnell Schulz Graham Silvester Keogh
Casey Scorpions: Milne Silvagni Rix Panozza Birss Dal Santo

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Coburg Tigers: Nil
Casey Scorpions: Nil

something seems differant to reports- game report will be interesting

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rp ... &pg=1&a=MR_
You have to wonder whether the person giving the best players was actually at the game. Definitely conflicts with the people who went that have posted on here. :?
Are you for real? The person who lists the best players you have doubts about but you are willing to back reports from a forum. This has to be the most ridiculous thing Ive seen on here. You my friend find a mirror and look into it! :roll: :roll:
The "bests" listed in the media for the scorps this season have often conflicted wildly with whats been noted on here.

I wouldnt be writing off the opinions on here so quickly . Everyone from this Forum who went today Im sure wanted Dal to play a blinder. To a man (or woman) they said he was very quiet.

Oh and enough abuse and name calling k?
I think a lot of people on here see what they want to see. No matter how well some players play they get negative reports and vise versa. I will go with the BESTS list from the club as I have to question a lot on here actual football smarts.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Who played on Schulz?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Also think that they use R Clarke much better at this level which is a reason he does a little better. Needs to be eased into AFL a bit. Not given a big forward every week.
interesting

NoMore
Club Player

Look he may have been in the best but lets face it you don't expect him to be in the last Best possie.

I went out there to watch my fave player dominate. I was very dissapointed. Sorry if i mislead you all about how he played. He was servicable but not nearly as good as he could've/should've been

howlinwolf
Club Player

Dal's performance doesn't sound promising at all.
There was a lot of incentive for him to perform given the circumstances.

I just hope this isn't the sign of a player that's unhappy. It looks that way. We all know he can play better. It's just so hard for us supporters to know exactly what is going on at a club sometimes.

Sounds like blowfly has heeded the message though. God knows we need goal kickers.

Oh how I wish for a stable team environment like we had a few years ago.
With all the upsets this weekend and my tipping going south it's all the more obvious that the game is 90% mental. :roll:

NoMore
Club Player

skeptic wrote:
NoMore wrote:Also think that they use R Clarke much better at this level which is a reason he does a little better. Needs to be eased into AFL a bit. Not given a big forward every week.
interesting
\

Do you agree with me or just interesting.

Would love to know what others think. Especially those who have seen him play well at Casey

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I cant stop laughing at some of the reports that are given on here at times. More often than not its a positive followed by a career ending statment like has no pace, cant read the play or they arent up to AFL standard. Heres a tip there all AFL listed players so all have certain skillbases that enable them to play senior football.

Dals effort today no matter who you beleive ACE your one I dont is of no bearing to his selection next week a slogging wet day some meat head holding and swinging him to the ground all day any time he got the ball was purely a bonus. He will play next week.

NoMore
Club Player

well if we only drop players to scare them then all that bullsh!t RL spoke on the The Footy Show was utter crap. Why didn't he just say his attitude is not good enough and it was time he realised he is not invincible

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Dals effort today no matter who you beleive ACE your one I dont is of no bearing to his selection next week a slogging wet day some meat head holding and swinging him to the ground all day any time he got the ball was purely a bonus. He will play next week.
Of course he will play next week, it's just a matter of if it's for Casey or for St. Kilda. Hayes' fitness will play a huge part in his selection.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Zippy]Does anyone know who he was? Short guy with red hair, wore guernsey no. 2.

cheers,[/quote]

team list says a player by the name of
Nick Carnell
is this Nick

but if changes made to jumpers worn then could be anyone

Ie Milney was in #2 today and Dal in #17 is that correct?
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 22 Jun 2008 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sam23
SS Life Member

Surely we will pick up Silvangi next year?

Goddard.
NoMore
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:Surely we will pick up Silvangi next year?
Y he is surely just another mid sized utility. Played his best game i have seen as a pinch hit ruckmen similar to blake

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
CURLY wrote:Dals effort today no matter who you beleive ACE your one I dont is of no bearing to his selection next week a slogging wet day some meat head holding and swinging him to the ground all day any time he got the ball was purely a bonus. He will play next week.
Of course he will play next week, it's just a matter of if it's for Casey or for St. Kilda. Hayes' fitness will play a huge part in his selection.
Will play seniors no doubt about that.

derby Street
Club Player

I don't understand why everyione is so concerned about Dals supposed lack of disposals as when he was dropped ppl acknowledged it wasn't because he wasn't getting possessions (because he was) but it was because he wasn't doing the things that RL wanted to do. !

For those having a crack at Dal You can't have it both ways. Perhaps in this game he did exactly what RL instructed him to do.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:I don't understand why everyione is so concerned about Dals supposed lack of disposals as when he was dropped ppl acknowledged it wasn't because he wasn't getting possessions (because he was) but it was because he wasn't doing the things that RL wanted to do. !

For those having a crack at Dal You can't have it both ways. Perhaps in this game he did exactly what RL instructed him to do.
From match reports, he didn't run hard, chase, tackle, or apply pressure. In addition, he didn't get many posessions, so there's not even a glass half full side of the discussion.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
Y he is surely just another mid sized utility. Played his best game i have seen as a pinch hit ruckmen similar to blake
Alex Silvagni
Height: 192cm
Weight: 92kg
D.O.B: 1987-09-29

Max Hudghton
Height: 191cm
D.O.B: 1976-09-02

Jason Blake
Height: 189cm
Weight: 87kg
D.O.B: 1981-03-15

A similar sized player to Max, no doubt. But has been focused on being a key defender, and given his age I believe that he'd be a good pickup for us on the Rookie List as a replacement for Max when he chooses to retire.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
NoMore wrote:
Alex Silvagni
Height: 192cm
D.O.B: 1987-09-29

Max Hudghton
Height: 191cm
D.O.B: 1976-09-02

Jason Blake
Height: 189cm
Weight: 87kg
D.O.B: 1981-03-15

A similar sized player to Max, no doubt. But has been focused on being a key defender, and given his age I believe that he'd be a good pickup for us on the Rookie List as a replacement for Max when he chooses to retire.
best defender in the VFL purely on stats at present and is the best back 2 in partnership with wall.

would love us to pick him up as a rookie selection.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If you recall last season when Andrew Thompson got dropped to the Scorpions he had 40 possessions. No doubt he was tagged also. I was'nt at the game, but from what I read here I am disappointed in Dal Santo's effort.
I was at that game at North Ballarat. Thompson had NO opponent all day.

He did what he pleased.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Dal stats

23 disposals, 7 tackles, 4 inside 50's.

So WTF game where you epople watching that claimed to be there? What is the agenda here? Flogs. f****** hell. :twisted:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stats- as per Finey on SEN
both Milne and Dal santo over 20 disposals
Dalsanto 6 points
Milne 4 goals
dalsanto 6 tackles

missed the rest- anyone get them?

thanks Iwantmyseats

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

all i can say is, f*** me some people only see what they want to see

looking forward to having them both back in the seniors next week, where they belong

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Zippy
Club Player

Believe me, I didn't want to see Dal underperform. I went because I wanted to see him tear coburg to shreds. I have no idea when/where he got half those possessions, unless it was in traffic in the opposite corner from where I was.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:\

Do you agree with me or just interesting.

Would love to know what others think. Especially those who have seen him play well at Casey
Yes I do actually.

He hasn't played a lot of footy but gets judged like a senior player coz he's been on the list for 5 years.

I'd love to see him come into the team in a midfielder capacity and just see what he can be... to me he's pne player who has all the tools, it's just a matter seeing if we can develop him.

He's one of those players who needs regular spells in the seniors as well as weeks in the 2s

The thing with young kids is if u pushed them too hard, u wreck their bodies... e.g. X and Kosi to name a few.
Raph was in the same company but looks to have gotten his body right... hope he gets another chance soon

saints11
Club Player

what was the final score?