I DON'T WANT MILNE BACK IN THE SIDE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:32am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
bigmicka wrote:played 153 games and has been goaless in 23 of those.

mic
Ok how many games has he kicked 1 ?
Now we are talking 1. If that isnt enough do we go to 2 and so on. Some people just are never happy with our players.
I'm talking about whats exceptable 2 is . Do you think 1 is for a goal kicking forward ?
he's averaging over 2 goals a game this season.....

i can't see your point
If you can't see the point that there's a difference between average goals over a number of games and contributing to the team consistently instead of doing most of it all one game here and there I'm not the idiot. And yeah i agree he's in our top 22 which really says a lot.

twirlyhair
Club Player

I still think he needs to go...I honestly dont believe the guy has what it takes when it really matters..like a few others

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:I still think he needs to go...I honestly dont believe the guy has what it takes when it really matters..like a few others
So beating Richmond off his own boot wasn't good enough for u?
Winmar7Fan wrote:If you can't see the point that there's a difference between average goals over a number of games and contributing to the team consistently instead of doing most of it all one game here and there I'm not the idiot. And yeah i agree he's in our top 22 which really says a lot.
first off, he's the highest goal scorer in our team, so that says enough

but, i know what your saying, but it still doesn't make sense. he's only gone goaless in 30 odd games in his career, and averages about 2 goals a game, isn't that what u want? the whole point of having averages is because every forward kicks 5 goals one week, then none the next.

Milne has contributed nearly every week, and has had one or two bad games, like everyone else in the team

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Farmer is the only small forward with a better goal rate than Milne, and that would be a carry over from his Melbourne days. For all intentional purposes, we have lost our best goa; licker, Fraser, we dont want to lose our 2nd best, Milney, at least not until a replacement is developed. I dont hear calls to get rid of Schnieder, but he is a mile behind Milne as a goal kicker.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Farmer is the only small forward with a better goal rate than Milne, and that would be a carry over from his Melbourne days. For all intentional purposes, we have lost our best goa; licker, Fraser, we dont want to lose our 2nd best, Milney, at least not until a replacement is developed. I dont hear calls to get rid of Schnieder, but he is a mile behind Milne as a goal kicker.
I agree with that I've highlighted .The difference with Farmer is he contributes and gets involved in other ways other than just kicking goals . Milne is very one dimensional and if he's not kicking goals most of the time he's not doing much else and as for Schnieder I agree but it's his first season and has to be given a chance but yeah no improvement next year he can go.

Behind Play
Club Player

Milney's day at the Saints are numbered. I think his AFL days are also numbered.

Sainterone
Club Player

Such a lot of rubbish in this thread about Milne.

Milne used to average 2 + goals a game.
Back then, he was allowed to camp at the feet of our FF and score.
I remember he kicked 61 goals in 2005 - at 2.5 + per game.
In 2005 he had 268 disposals - an average of less than 15 per game but that was OK - he kicked goals.

Then a few years ago, that wasn't good enough - Milne had to perform more - we tried him further up the ground - on the wing and down back.

Sure, he still played forward but not all of the time - and it's pretty hard to score goals when you're kicking from the wing.

Milne lost confidence during this time I think and his game suffered. Over the last few years, he has spent much more time on the bench - it's pretty damn hard to kick goals when you are warming the bench.

In 2008, Milne has 152 disposals and 27 goals from 12 games - better averages than in 2007 and in 2006 when he scored 32 and 29 goals from 22 games.

But still they want more - for time on the ground and in the forward line he probably is the BEST scoring small forward in the AFL.

Personally, I don't care how he kicks them - playing on, over his head, lying on the ground, from the bench - just so long as he kicks two plus goals in a game. Just leave him in the forward line.

And he IS in our best 22.

The Milne / farmer comparison:

Milne 153 games - 1620 disposals (av. 10.6) - 298 goals (av 1.95)
farmer 241 games - 2742 disp (11.4) - 479 goals (1.99)

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES