sam gilbert why?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wheels13

sam gilbert why?

yeah i booed last night. the bloke i booed was sam gilbert. never mind a second effort he didnt have a 1st effort. for the last 30 minutes of playing time. maybe a lack of fitness, no bench to go to whatever but once you put the guernsey on you give effort when you cant or you should be back at casey the next week. absolutely pathetic. thank god for rooey, harvs and bally, bj, fish, kingy geary. it was a WIN so at least we are still hanging in there with kosi, dal , milney, lenny, et al hopefully to come back in and we can maybe string out a few more wins in the next few weeks

wheels13
supersaints
Club Player

I smell a Troll...sniff, sniff

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he is correct!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Supporters should never boo their own :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
supersaints
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Supporters should never boo their own :evil:
Thats exactly my point, if he is a supporter he is pathetic, he's a troll .....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SaintWal
Club Player

Sorry, I booed RL towards the end :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: sam gilbert why?

wheels13 wrote:yeah i booed last night. the bloke i booed was sam gilbert. never mind a second effort he didnt have a 1st effort. for the last 30 minutes of playing time. maybe a lack of fitness, no bench to go to whatever but once you put the guernsey on you give effort when you cant or you should be back at casey the next week. absolutely pathetic. thank god for rooey, harvs and bally, bj, fish, kingy geary. it was a WIN so at least we are still hanging in there with kosi, dal , milney, lenny, et al hopefully to come back in and we can maybe string out a few more wins in the next few weeks
piss off ya f****** troll wanker.

SaintWal
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
wheels13 wrote:yeah i booed last night. the bloke i booed was sam gilbert. never mind a second effort he didnt have a 1st effort. for the last 30 minutes of playing time. maybe a lack of fitness, no bench to go to whatever but once you put the guernsey on you give effort when you cant or you should be back at casey the next week. absolutely pathetic. thank god for rooey, harvs and bally, bj, fish, kingy geary. it was a WIN so at least we are still hanging in there with kosi, dal , milney, lenny, et al hopefully to come back in and we can maybe string out a few more wins in the next few weeks
Could not have phrased it better myself

SB10
Club Player

troll or not, Gilbert efforts in the last qtr were ordinary to say the least. No doubt a fitness issue but geez he better get to work on his kicking skills too. He's starting to master the art of the Kernahan helicopter!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well he showed have been interchanged then
if the coach cant look down and see the kid is tired from lack of game time then sheeesh....
maybe he shoulda brought himself off if he was knacked
but F*** me....dont go booing the kid .

steph
Club Player

how can u admit something like that? i'd be ashamed.

the kid busted his guts all night. its his second game back from injury.

Dont get me wrong, he made a lot of clangers, which were a direct result of him being absolutely stuffed from working his butt off. He'll improve from last night, and quickly.

You can remark on his skill errors as much as you like but his endeavour should certainly not be questioned.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sam Gilbert...........why cant you kick the ball properly......

How do these guys get to the top level with such skill deficiencies.....

Can he kick with his right foot....The skills coaches at StKilda need to do some work with him........

They should spend less time watching videos and more time working on the basic skills.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Liam_G
Club Player

People who say Gilbert "busted his guts all night" did not watch him during the match, period. Gilbert's efforts during the match were quite poor. I was starting to think the kid may be sick, he never seemed to make a move more that 15 metres without stopping, walking or hunching. I never saw a second effort. I counted a number of times he was within shepherding distance of a teammate but did absolutely nothing about it. If he is unfit, he should be at Casey. If it was laziness, he SHOULD be at Casey. His poor disposal didn't help, but that sometimes happens with young kids. For me, it was his clear lack of endeavour for the entire match. This isn't a troll post, this isn't having a go at him, this is my clear observations from the stands last night.

ace
Saintsational Legend

If St Kilda were a serious finals contender Gilbert should be at Casey until he regains match fitness.
But the honest truth is the only way St Kilda can make the eigth is for some clubs in the eight to start tanking.
The rule for the next couple of years has got to be get some serious senior game time into the young kids and get so low draft picks in the process.
Then in 3 or 4 years time St Kilda can have a tilt at the flag, not just falling into to eight or missing out trying.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Gilbert is no doubt lacking run in his legs but to boo him is a disgrace. I wish you'd been sitting next to me when you booed... very ordinary to say the least. Bet you were raving about how good he's going to be last season.

Be critical of blokes by all means but booing your own.... check you colours in at the door on your way out tosspot.

kalsaint
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I reckon he is correct!
He is definitely correct in my opinion.

Sam's second effortsw resemble nothing like last years form. His short kicking was atrocious giving near toe pokes at times.

I as disappointed to see a kid who looks unfit play instead of either Milne or DalSanto. Selection should be based on merit irrespective of age.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
wheels13

steph wrote:

Dont get me wrong, he made a lot of clangers, which were a direct result of him being absolutely stuffed from working his butt off. He'll improve from last night, and quickly.

You can remark on his skill errors as much as you like but his endeavour should certainly not be questioned.
were you at the game. i was there on level 2 looking at a kid who did not have the necessary attributes to get to the contest and help his teammates out. as i said he either couldnt (or worse) wouldn't. the runner went to him at least 5 times in the last 30 minutes of play no doubt asking for effort or asking if he needed to come off, whatever the case when you are on the ground you put in somehow because thats what seperates an afl player from a suburban player. and just to make sure i am crystal clear it is exactly his endeavour that i am questioning. be aware this is the first time in 35 years of supporting the saints that i have had cause to question a players commitment and it gives me no pleasure

wheels13
wheels13

matrixcutter wrote:
thats the sort of intellectual repartee that i would expect from a 160cm 95 kilo heap of lard that spends all night stuffing pies and alcopops down. good call you little f###er

wheels13
wheels13

supersaints wrote:I smell a Troll...sniff, sniff
good, sniff hard with your little piggy nose you might realise you havent wiped properly.
now jump up on all four trotters and off to the nearest public convenience for you. i'm tipping you spend a bit of time there

wheels13
wheels13

thats a fair call bev and one that i have subscribed to for about 35 years of watching the saints but last night i saw a performance that drove me absolutley mad, anyhow i am sure the coaching staff will fix this issue quickly

wheels13
saints11
Club Player

what are you thinking about booing your own players :evil: :shock:

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

after the siren the poor kid could hardly walk, was defintately a fitness problem. has good skills, but I agree seemed unfit? or just in a different state maybe sick. shouldn't have brushed of the trainers though, even if we had a short bench.
give him 2 more weeks, probably not confident with his shoulder yet... hope he recovers fast then roo did.

wheels4

i agree with this mans comments
and gilbert deserves to get yelled at from the stands if he is not putting in and being lazy and giving no 2nd efforts
so matrixcutter get off your couch at home eating your pies and drinking beer and get in your car (specially made for large individuals) and actually come to a game and see the players when their not near the ball instead of watching it on tv every week

Banger
steph
Club Player

wheels13 wrote:
steph wrote:

were you at the game. i was there on level 2 looking at a kid who did not have the necessary attributes to get to the contest and help his teammates out. as i said he either couldnt (or worse) wouldn't. the runner went to him at least 5 times in the last 30 minutes of play no doubt asking for effort or asking if he needed to come off, whatever the case when you are on the ground you put in somehow because thats what seperates an afl player from a suburban player. and just to make sure i am crystal clear it is exactly his endeavour that i am questioning. be aware this is the first time in 35 years of supporting the saints that i have had cause to question a players commitment and it gives me no pleasure

Of course i was at the game, and i noticed about 10 minutes into the first quarter that he was already stuffed.

He lacks match fitness big time. Also, keep in mind that he played forward last night, which requires different levels of fitness as u must continually present when we are in possession, but with the way the game was played with the flood, u dont get a rest when we dont have possession.

I've already stated that he made some massive clangers, and he was often beaten one-on-one. You can say he had a bad game, and you would be right. But to boo him, is simply disgraceful.

saints11
Club Player

wheels13 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
thats the sort of intellectual repartee that i would expect from a 160cm 95 kilo heap of lard that spends all night stuffing pies and alcopops down. good call you little f###er
who are you to talk