Dal Santo DROPPED!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AlpineStars
Club Player

Do we know snieder is still in? maybe he and Dempster (injured?) are out as well as Dal?

Wake me up when September ends.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep Dal Santo was a dangerous threat to playing football with flare instead of the quality grinding defencive work we want going into the future.

:roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
StPeter
Club Player

I have defended the coach up to this point but this finishes it for me..... I am angry at this ridiculous decision.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

This is a bit off the topic but when Kosi is fit for selection again I would put him in the Casey team and leave him there for at least a couple of weeks.

Expect Milne to come out and play this week because he has his safety blanket back that is the Telstra Dome but he should be told that the next bad game he plays while on tour will earn him an automatic run in the twos for a couple of weeks.

You could probably argue that Montagna should have been dropped before Dal and that argument is surely going to hot up this evening but Dal probably got the chop just ahead of Monti because he is a bigger name and the Coach would of probably been looking to send a message to a wider audience with greater impact. But Monti will know that and has this week to respond.

wheels4

smart to drop a senior player out of form but not dal
i would have gone with montagna or schneids unless they get dropped aswell :(

Banger
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yep Dal Santo was a dangerous threat to playing football with flare instead of the quality grinding defencive work we want going into the future.

Easy to look flashy and skip around and look like a South American soccer player :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:This is a bit off the topic but when Kosi is fit for selection again I would put him in the Casey team and leave him there for at least a couple of weeks.

Expect Milne to come out and play this week because he has his safety blanket back that is the Telstra Dome but he should be told that the next bad game he plays while on tour will earn him an automatic run in the twos for a couple of weeks.
I think the same source quoted Milne is out, Kosi still injured.

I'll laugh pretty hard if it's a troll that's spread the news, but believe it was reported on SEN.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Schnedier did a hammy didn't he?
So atm it is looking like
OUT: Gardiner, Dal Santo, Schneider, Dempster
IN: McEvoy, Howard, Armitage, Allen?

With the possibility of a Milne or Montagna being added to the outs...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Good move. Roll out the shermans and let the rot set in. Drop Ball, Hayes and Roo, but rest Harves due to his injury woes (could never drop the great man). Let's go for those early draft picks.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Making an example of an under performing player is a good idea...
however it seems Lyon has chosen for effect rather than on merit (or lack of). In other words Dal's a scapegoat.

What will this do to Dal's confidence?
His teammates?
Our chances of winning the game?

Big call - lets see what happens and cheer loud on friday! (me unfortunately over the airwaves - lucky melburnians!)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bergsone
SS Life Member

Stephen Theodore wrote:How Dal could be dropped ahead of Montagna is mystifying.
thinking the same line too,Montagna has been a bigger disappointment and dropping him from our ELITE midfield squad ,would send the same message to ALL underperformers,interesting to see the response if we lose a close one,will we get the if only we didnt drop NDS forum

chook23
Saintsational Legend

been coming for sometime.......

no just about his stats

has often been lazy.....chooses when to pick up...

Unaccountable

opposition exploiting his weakness.......

Dal has admitted his faults........has been attempted to be addressed by HIMSELF and coaching staff

has continued

and crunch time arrived

Tough decision but needed

saint4life
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:yep Dal Santo was a dangerous threat to playing football with flare instead of the quality grinding defencive work we want going into the future.

Easy to look flashy and skip around and look like a South American soccer player :wink:
and yet he is ahead of 20 OTHER players in the team for tackles.

talk about a team lacking hardness you drop your 3rd hardest player on form and keep your soft players at the bottom of the team.

everyone goes on about clint jones hardness how many frikken effective tackles has he laid on in 2008?

Dal santo is ten times the player Clint Jones is, or schneider, or dempster or charlie gardner and YET manages to be harder than the afore mentioned.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Otiman wrote:
fugazi wrote:What about a week off for "general soreness" if he needs to be dropped....fine line between sending a message and humiliating our best midfielder of the last 3 -4 years.
What does Lenny Hayes have to do with this?
:D Otiman as well as Degruch I like the way you think .

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Seem like whatever Lyon does the anti Lyon brigade will critisise him. He will NEVER do anything correct in the eyes of these agenda driven clowns.

Different coach, same type of moron nuffies. I got heartely sick of this type of s.hite GT copped by a group who would critisise every single thing he did. Now everthing Lyon does is wrong.

Really pathetic and so so predictable.

Oh and BTW I am for what lyon is doing but deadset agains dropping Dal Santo. I think Lyon is wrong on this one and think it is a very poor move.

However I will not just get on the anti Lyon hatefest that the usual clowns have embarked on.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

so howard is thrown around as a replaced for someone...

why howard??? what has his scorps form been like and can he do a job...if any?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
mischa
Club Player

Why are all our good players now resembling VFL players? Anyone can see they're all playing badly. Roo will probably be next.
Last edited by mischa on Fri 20 Jun 2008 6:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

On reflection, if Dan Warna is against it I am for it. Just go to the general Forum to see his stats on why Plonker Hodge should be ahead of Simon Katich in the test team :D :D :D

(only joshing Dan :wink: )

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintWodonga
Club Player

I can think of a lot more players to drop before Dal... Bit of a worry.. Serves what???

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:so howard is thrown around as a replaced for someone...

why howard??? what has his scorps form been like and can he do a job...if any?
Fair at best but he young so everyone thinks we should play him even most of the people on here who probably havent seen him kick the ball in anger. As I have said many times we see guys play poorly on the AFL and we want to replace them with guys who arent doing any better in a lower competition.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:On reflection, if Dan Warna is against it I am for it. Just go to the general Forum to see his stats on why Plonker Hodge should be ahead of Simon Katich in the test team :D :D :D

sigh

good 2 centuries to katich, there I said it!

:lol:

SHUT UP KRIME!
supersaints
Club Player

RL has confirmed he is a wanker, he has had plenty of chances to play the "kids" through from and injury all season, there have been much worse players than Dal all year. I am sure the Dockers will be smiling at the team meeting tonight..
10 years of this idiot... give me a break Westaway

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
joffaboy wrote:On reflection, if Dan Warna is against it I am for it. Just go to the general Forum to see his stats on why Plonker Hodge should be ahead of Simon Katich in the test team :D :D :D

sigh

good 2 centuries to katich, there I said it!

:lol:
nice double to plonker two years back too

Lance or James??

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

and yet he is ahead of 20 OTHER players in the team for tackles.

talk about a team lacking hardness you drop your 3rd hardest player on form and keep your soft players at the bottom of the team.

everyone goes on about clint jones hardness how many frikken effective tackles has he laid on in 2008?

Dal santo is ten times the player Clint Jones is, or schneider, or dempster or charlie gardner and YET manages to be harder than the afore mentioned.
Yeah but Dan you are still comparing our players against players in the Saints team and not the benchmark teams. People are going to be so divided on this and don't you think that RL will be expecting a barrage from it but maybe this is what he wants and that is for everyone to debate who should be dropped ahead of who. Joey is going to hear loud and clear this week how a lot of supporters thought he should have been dropped ahead of Dal. If he doesn't respond he will surely be dropped next.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yeah dal santo is laying way to many tackles, not waving his hands in the air enough, going and getting hard balls instead of sheepdogging packs and kicking the ball forwards instead of safe kicks backwards.

clearly spending way too much time not following the designated game plan.

Dan, your sig needs updating.

Katich - average 39.5 Series average 63.8