Footy First?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FullMonty
Club Player

Footy First?

I thought this ticket was standing for "FOOTY FIRST"

Lets face facts. RL can't coach!
Paralysis by analysis! Where is plan B, C or D?
We don't have the cattle to play the Sydney style or the fans who want to watch this rubbish.

I'm not saying bring back GT but where are we going?

I hope GW reads these posts so they can get feedback from the fans.
Coming out and saying he wants RL to coach for the next 10 years is the first nail in RL's coffin and complete dribble. Fancy a company director saying such a thing in the first place! How uninformed is he?

Watch the pressure mount when we are watching the same dumb game style in another years time when we are again holding up the ladder from the bottom.

I have always tried to stay positive but I am not prepared to watch this CRAP for the next 10 years.

Montyrules!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RL has a contract until the end of 2009. If we, StKFC want respect in the football industry we need to honour that contract.

What hapens beyond that is a different story that would need to be evaluated around this time next year !!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:35am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footy First?

FullMonty wrote:Lets face facts. RL can't coach!
I think you mean, RL can't seem to get the current team to perform his chosen game plan successfully. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't coach. Maybe he needs the '09 trading season to get the team he needs to execute the plan, maybe he needs to re-set and try a new plan (whether it be this season or the next). Either way, I doubt GW's gonna read the countless amounts over-emotional 'RL can't coach' rhetoric, and take any of it seriously.

Port are falling over themselves to get Chocco back, and they're doing worse than us! His players aren't following the game plan either. So, he's got a flag and a (dismal) second place under their belt, but there was a time when Port's own sponsors were calling for his head, and he seemingly had no answers or plan at all. But it all came good, as he was given support and time to get the job done. I'm glad GW has done the same for RL.

So, you'll just have to sit, and watch, and hope that you're wrong, eh?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
FullMonty wrote:Lets face facts. RL can't coach!
I think you mean, RL can't seem to get the current team to perform his chosen game plan successfully. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't coach. Maybe he needs the '09 trading season to get the team he needs to execute the plan, maybe he needs to re-set and try a new plan (whether it be this season or the next). Either way, I doubt GW's gonna read the countless amounts over-emotional 'RL can't coach' rhetoric, and take any of it seriously.

Port are falling over themselves to get Chocco back, and they're doing worse than us! His players aren't following the game plan either. So, he's got a flag and a (dismal) second place under their belt, but there was a time when Port's own sponsors were calling for his head, and he seemingly had no answers or plan at all. But it all came good, as he was given support and time to get the job done. I'm glad GW has done the same for RL.

So, you'll just have to sit, and watch, and hope that you're wrong, eh?
Good post.

We're Richmond like on here at the minute....its embarrassing reading some of the overreaction on here.

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
We're Richmond like on here at the minute....its embarrassing reading some of the overreaction on here.
Not as embarrassing as watching us play ........at any minute.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote:
I can stand watching us play badly when simply being out played.

I cant stand watching us "try" for a qtr and then watch lazy players decide to go missing for the next 2 only to show up for a cameo and "junk goals" in the last when the heats gone from the game.........that I cant stand to watch.

“Yeah….nah””
saint-stevos

useless board.

support change.

ross will be no great loss

nor will our board!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

I cant stand watching us "try" for a qtr and then watch lazy players decide to go missing for the next 2 only to show up for a cameo and "junk goals" in the last when the heats gone from the game.........that I cant stand to watch.[/quote]

I thought that was our game plan :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I cant stand watching us "try" for a qtr and then watch lazy players decide to go missing for the next 2 only to show up for a cameo and "junk goals" in the last when the heats gone from the game.........that I cant stand to watch.
Totally agree - they are just footballers after all - not renowned for long term memory - eg. writing motivational messages on backs of hands etc. to stay motivated, or at least look at that message when it's slipping.

They need to be constantly motivated and it's just not happening - many of us are tired of seeing this continual fade-out during the mid quarters, just to see junk time cheap stats at the end.

What do we do? Where is it falling down?

Who can motivate them?

Saint Mik
Club Player

How about themselfs :roll:

They are a bunch of passengers waiting for someone else to get the job done.

A stint at casey might motivate them a bit

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Totally agree - they are just footballers after all - not renowned for long term memory - eg. writing motivational messages on backs of hands etc. to stay motivated, or at least look at that message when it's slipping.

They need to be constantly motivated and it's just not happening - many of us are tired of seeing this continual fade-out during the mid quarters, just to see junk time cheap stats at the end.

What do we do? Where is it falling down?

Who can motivate them?
We'll motivate some in October....the passengers whove been found wanting that is....

“Yeah….nah””
esaint66
SS Life Member

I thought they promised us a premiership ... we wont get it with RL.

NoMore
Club Player

Eastern wrote:RL has a contract until the end of 2009. If we, StKFC want respect in the football industry we need to honour that contract.

What hapens beyond that is a different story that would need to be evaluated around this time next year !!

Respect!

We lose more and more respect every time that idiot talks.

Then we go and bore everyone to death on the footy field and we lose more respect.

You want respect. Win some games or at least fight them out.

Be honest with ur supporters.

Admit that you made a mistake and that RL is a dud

We have no respect from anyone at the moment. Do u know other supporters. Coz all my mates laugh at me over St Kilda and there poor excuse for a coach