who do you reckon we will go after?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yearning_for_grant

ralphysaints35 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
yearning_for_grant wrote:I like the look of Marc Murphy I saw hi mtoday. Is apparently unhappy at Carlton. Perhaps a package of the Clark brothers and Gardiner (they need a ruckman) might land us murphy if he chooses to leave.
I have actually heard that he wants to come to us so we should get a trade for him. Carlton would be mad not to take Gardiner and raph and X. We could also throw in Fizz as an extra.
did he barrack for us, when he was younger?
unhappy at carlton he looks it when he plays!
also... i wouldnt trade gardiner !
sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get something.
gardiner isnt THAT good (well he is), but murphy is a bit younger. gardiner is better yes but we'd have murphy for longer. perhaps 2 clarkes and 2gardiners for murphy and their first pick.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Go for kids,

no body over 23

go for marc murphy he is 21 and a gun and wants to come to us, so trade 2 - 3 players to get him , both clarkes, yeah not sure who else! who told you that he wants to come to stkilda?
Last edited by Ralphy on Sun 15 Jun 2008 8:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

Carlton supporters get a win, and against their supposed rival . . . and their first thought is to troll St Kilda supporters?

Go on tell me we're irrelevant. :lol:
Last edited by JeffDunne on Sun 15 Jun 2008 8:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

kos
Club Player

yearning_for_grant wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
yearning_for_grant wrote:I like the look of Marc Murphy I saw hi mtoday. Is apparently unhappy at Carlton. Perhaps a package of the Clark brothers and Gardiner (they need a ruckman) might land us murphy if he chooses to leave.
I have actually heard that he wants to come to us so we should get a trade for him. Carlton would be mad not to take Gardiner and raph and X. We could also throw in Fizz as an extra.
FIZZ=?
I agree they would be mad not to take it, but they might play a little difficult so perhaps we'll have to throw in 2 clarkes and 2 gardiners. but that should definitely get it over the line. murphy would rejuvenate our midfield.

gotta be kidding, your offering too much.
maybe a package of rix and 6th round draft pick?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
did he barrack for us, when he was younger?
unhappy at carlton he looks it when he plays!
also... i wouldnt trade gardiner !
sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get something.
gardiner isnt THAT good (well he is), but murphy is a bit younger. gardiner is better yes but we'd have murphy for longer. perhaps 2 clarkes and 2gardiners for murphy and their first pick.
They may go fot that. We get Murphy and say pick 8 and they get M Gardiner who is a bit older plus Charlie and the 2 clarkes. I still think they may want someone else mayber Ferg or Rix.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I think we should re draft some of the players we delist like we normally do...

yearning_for_grant

JeffDunne wrote:Carlton supporters get a win, and against their supposed rival . . . and their first thought is to troll St Kilda supporters?

yes it is pissing me off.

but we will be the ones laughing when we prize murphy away from them.

will almost be as good as the hamill signing. and how well did that pay off for us!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

fev could come to stkilda :D

JeffDunne

JeffDunne wrote:Carlton supporters get a win, and against their supposed rival . . . and their first thought is to troll St Kilda supporters?

will almost be as good as the hamill signing. and how well did that pay off for us!
Blow me dipstick.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:
we wine about rejects as it is, the only way forward is by drafting and playing kids.

we were the pioneers at the begining of the decade and success followed
, we divirted from this path by drafting rejects (ackland, mcgough ect)
this left us in the position we are in.

good drafting of kids currently have dogs, cats, hawks and pies dominating the competition.
No...success followed not because we drafted kids alone...

The Blight Bulge delivered players like GTrain and Hamill......plus other solid support players like Voss.
This was on top of still havinga solid core of talented players from our 97 GF such as Banger, Max and Aussie...and Hall and Everitt too...though our previous coach fritterd away two of them.

So adding to those TWO groups of talented and experienced players you then and only then added the kids gained by being very lucky to finish low in an ear when priorty picks were invented so that we gained two exatr low players.

Then was all was good...and all was ripe for sustained suvvess waldron left and our drafting and trading became dismal.

Dud after dud gained...first and second round draft picks frittered away...

now while i am generally an advocate for drafting kids...what counts is getting your picks and trades right.

The Dogs for example drafted well over a long period for quick and highly footskilled players. they also traded to top up..but had some poor trades. Then the lats two years they got their trades right.
Aka was gained for little...and welsh gained this year too...so suddenly their forward line is multi dimensional and loaded with talent..supported bya host of mids that actuall kicked goals. Hudson was added in the ruck...where the Dogs were poor..and suddenly all their niches are covered.

The ctas too mainly used the draft..the father son sustem boosting the quality of their picks...but they two alos traded to fill areas of weakness. Money providing the key forward and ottens the ruckman come forward.

The Haks have followeda mainly youth policy.....and booste their picks with trading away older players for more low draft picks ...and resulatnt years of pain. But they also gained Croad back cheaply....and grabbed Guerra for virtually nil and Dew reasonablly cheaply as well. The hawks were also a master of the rookie system...something which the Saints good not afford to do ( and remeber at that time the Hawks were struggling for a $) as we used what money we had to overplay our over-rated players to 100% of the saray cap.....and then being forced to not only play 1 or 2 players short on our senior list...but to play short of rookies too (as well as no development coach to develop the kids).

So yes take kids in the main...BUt if there is good trade take it too.

BUT you must get MOST of your picks and trades correct. this is the viatal things.

And the when you have them..you must develop them. Something which our previous crew were dibalocal at.

Trading for trading sake...is meaningless and unproductive..

You only trade if it will improve the team.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 15 Jun 2008 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

is ^ this guy a carlton troll?

yearning_for_grant

JeffDunne wrote:

Blow me dipstick.
i would be honoured. but why can't you say "blow me please" or "blow me, i would like that". why do you have to use the word "dipstick". or do you like it like that... ill tell you how i like it... doing it while watching the saints vs carlton game in the streak dvd oooooooh yeah

JeffDunne

Yes ralphy, as usual, Carlton win and we get a throng of mindless lemmings pretending to be St Kilda supporters in an attempt to troll us.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

Blow me dipstick.
i would be honoured. but why can't you say "blow me please" or "blow me, i would like that". why do you have to use the word "dipstick". or do you like it like that... ill tell you how i like it... doing it while watching the saints vs carlton game in the streak dvd oooooooh yeah
You are A WANKER :)

yearning_for_grant

ralphysaints35 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Blow me dipstick.
every guy is. but most aren't fortunate to have the same quality of stimulus i get by watching the streak dvd

JeffDunne

You've had your fun . . . now toddle off back to TalkingTanking and I'm sure your lemming mates will blow you for your efforts here.

Hell, you're such f/wit they might even make you a mod.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Sun 15 Jun 2008 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Blow me dipstick.
every guy is. but most aren't fortunate to have the same quality of stimulus i get by watching the streak dvd
oh the days i wish i was moderator, cause when carlton win we get members like this flooding our lovely forum, maybe we should have a questionarre, when they want to register one that only a saints supporter would know :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So does this mean we may not get Murphy as the guy isnt really a saints supporter. Well I think we should try and get him anyway as he is a pretty good player.

If we could get him with cousins, yze and bowden we would have great depth.

kos
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:So does this mean we may not get Murphy as the guy isnt really a saints supporter. Well I think we should try and get him anyway as he is a pretty good player.

why the f..k would we want yze and bowden, they are fringe players at s..t teams and close to retirement. if were heading down that path we may be able to snare shaun mcmanus on the cheap!!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

kos wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So does this mean we may not get Murphy as the guy isnt really a saints supporter. Well I think we should try and get him anyway as he is a pretty good player.

why the f..k would we want yze and bowden, they are fringe players at s..t teams and close to retirement. if were heading down that path we may be able to snare shaun mcmanus on the cheap!!
Mate, it's sarcasm. For what it's worth, I'm actually laughing....

The Saints are coming!
kos
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
kos wrote:

Mate, it's sarcasm. For what it's worth, I'm actually laughing....
sorry bud its emotional times right now.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

ralphysaints35 wrote: oh the days i wish i was moderator, cause when carlton win we get members like this flooding our lovely forum,
Luckily they don't win often as they are crap. Hell they are already past this years quota of wins and dipping into next years, so there's some lean times in front of them.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote: oh the days i wish i was moderator, cause when carlton win we get members like this flooding our lovely forum,
Luckily they don't win often as they are crap. Hell they are already past this years quota of wins and dipping into next years, so there's some lean times in front of them.
'and hopefully better times for us :D