Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball

Why is he escaping critisism.......along with montagna...

Dal Santo (who also was average) would have a dozen threads about how he should be traded if he played a game that poor...Ball played the single worse game by a first midfielder I have seen (2 kicks).....McQualter was three times more effective......

Is it beause Ball TRIES hard, he is excused....and Dal Santo APPEARS to do it easy when he plays...so he is not trying if he isn't above 25 poss...

Montagna was WOEFUL last night.....amazing what a tag does.

Lenny was hardworking, yet ineffectual...

Harvey was not fit...

McQualter worked pretty hard

Dal Santo was the most effective (18 touches, 1 goal) of this group....

At least Gram and Goddard got a run through the middle at last...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah one bad game. Surely he is allowed that. An elite player rarely has two in a row so we will see next week huh!

JeffDunne

In fairness to our midfielders, they were playing against a team that is allowed to tackle BEFORE you take posession of the ball.

Makes it a little hard to get the ball and get the kick away.

derby Street
Club Player

BigMart - you are a joke - :roll: Pot a bloke for one bad game ??- he has been good for us for most of this year. If we had another 6 Luke Ball's out on the field this year we would be in much better shape.

Go and have a good lie down. :x

congorozides
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Yeah one bad game. Surely he is allowed that. An elite player rarely has two in a row so we will see next week huh!
he is a a good trier/contributor and does the team things well but NOT elite by any stretch. ask a supporter from another club or anyone involved in footy if LB is "elite" and they will laugh out loud. he will never win you a game.

you cant seriously tell me he is as good as black, goodwin, goodes, hodge, ablett, franklin, cooney, judd ?

he is also nowhere near as good as dane swan, dale thomas.
Last edited by congorozides on Sun 15 Jun 2008 10:37am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Lukey has been our best all year
after 1 bad game. u want to trade him drop him etc.

we need to drop other players that dont perform at all, milne,schneider,gwilt,etc

even though im on milnes bandwagon love the guy! but he is down on form, and needs a wake up call.

Saint Mik
Club Player

We rely on our midfield to much, its simple they are just not up to it and when the pressure is on they go missing end of story.

Time for a change get Luke and Dal out and make them kick some goals for us and prove that they can get a result on the score baord 20+ goals each is needed from them by the end of the year, Let Harves finish his career in there off the bench of course, Keep Armo, Gram and Goddard through the midfield with Lenny and Monty so we can at least see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Lets see if we can create some pace because the way we are right now is probably close to the worst in the comp IMO.

The back line may become a problem but no worse than the midfield at the minute.

Change is as good as a holiday and I think all supporters are now looking for it.

Give mMcEvoy a game also if he is not injured he tore it up a few weeks ago and still has not been rewarded, what have we got to loose.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
congorozides
Club Player

i want to keep him. just saying hes not elite.

can we get be cousins next year?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

BigMart I dunno about some of your other posts.

But.....from what i can remember you haven't written one decent post since you've been around.

So maybe take sometime time off.....think about something decent to write or just f*ck off.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Ball is a hack in the truest sense of the word.

Tries his guts out, chases, tackles, but he's just a hack.

He doesn't create play or run into space which is a critical skill of a modern midfielder.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

brown-coat wrote:Ball is a hack in the truest sense of the word.

He doesn't create play or run into space which is a critical skill of a modern midfielder.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have some sort of a brain injury.

If not, give yourself an uppercut.......... :roll: :roll:

Get a tape of any of our other games this year and see if you can find who is one of the few players in our jumper able to get into a pack and feed out a handpass to a team-mate. I'll give you a clue, his intials are Luke Ball. Tool.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations!!! You win a prize for "The biggest piece of crap ever written on the internet!"!

Stay by the phone; We'll be in touch....

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Evidence speaks louder than rose coloured wearing blind fanboys.

Keep hacking on Ball. Your slow injury ridden uselessness is a sight to behold.

bergsone
SS Life Member

If thats the case ,would not mind a few more HACKS

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Evidence speaks louder than rose coloured wearing blind fanboys.

Agree with your comment on evidence. However the evidence is of your breathtaking stupidity! :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

brown-coat wrote:Evidence speaks louder than rose coloured wearing blind fanboys.

The evidence your honour, indicates that brown-nose is an oxygen thief of the highest order......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:BigMart I dunno about some of your other posts.

But.....from what i can remember you haven't written one decent post since you've been around.

So maybe take sometime time off.....think about something decent to write or just f*ck off.
BigMart in the main over the years writes pretty good posts...quite informative and interesting (though I don't always agree with everything).

Though I must admit a lot of his posts just recently have been a tad strange.

I suspect like all of us at the moment that he is feeling the pain......

However as I said..over the years he has good contributor..and so even if you do not like his current posts he does not deserve to be told to f*** off.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
derby Street
Club Player

O.K turd coat - give me the evidence that Ball is a hack. And as for saying that his injury ridden uslessness is a sight to behold is pathetic - and you call yourself a Saints SUPPORTER. Pathetic - take a grip of yourself at which I suspect you are an expert. :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Yeah one bad game. Surely he is allowed that. An elite player rarely has two in a row so we will see next week huh!
he is a a good trier/contributor and does the team things well but NOT elite by any stretch. ask a supporter from another club or anyone involved in footy if LB is "elite" and they will laugh out loud. he will never win you a game.

you cant seriously tell me he is as good as black, goodwin, goodes, hodge, ablett, franklin, cooney, judd ?

he is also nowhere near as good as dane swan, dale thomas.
Please get a clue Ball is far and away a better player than both of those. Swan is more your Joey type mid who hardly gets a tag but when he does hes inneffective. Thomas well I know who id want standing next to me in the centre square out of him and Ball and its not Thomas.

By the way Brown coat send me a bag of what ever it is your on it seems like good gear the rubbish you write.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
steph
Club Player

This is close to the most ludicrous thing i've ever read.

Behind Hayes, Ball is our most impotant midfielder.....have u heard of being in and under? you obviously only see the pretty stuff, carrying the ball along the wing, after receiving it.

If it wasnt for guys like Ball, our outside players would never receive the ball to make themselves look good

Get a grip.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe most of these replies.

All that was said was that Ball had a shocked as did Joey, and if Dal played this way, many on here would be baying for blood.

Ball had two kicks, it was terrible, as was Joey and also Harvs.
They should be embarassed today.

No one is above criticism, it should just be balanced.

steph
Club Player

we all know ball had a shocker, and of course he isn't above criticism. But he is allowed to have a quiet week once in a while considering he busts his guts every other week

but to label him a hack is just disgraceful and suggests that you know nothing about footy.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:we all know ball had a shocker, and of course he isn't above criticism. But he is allowed to have a quiet week once in a while considering he busts his guts every other week

but to label him a hack is just disgraceful and suggests that you know nothing about footy.
Obviously not a hack, but it was more than a quiet one, a quiet one is 15 possies and 3 or 4 tackles.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:BigMart in the main over the years writes pretty good posts...quite informative and interesting (though I don't always agree with everything).

Though I must admit a lot of his posts just recently have been a tad strange
Strange times, indeed. Traditionally rational posters have come out with some emotional and off the wall stuff lately.

In amongst all the crap that the saints have been dishing up, i've enjoyed the emotional ride with all of you. And isn't that what footy is about? Sharing the ups, and the downs.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: And isn't that what footy is about? Sharing the ups, and the downs.
It's just that when you follow StKilda you get more than your fair share of downs.They picked themselves up off the canvas after the Watson era but due to the ingrained incompetence factor they find themselves on the slippery slope,heading down,AGAIN......

Who'd have thought they would lose 2 prelims ,miss the holy grail ,then tumble and find themselves further away than Carlton.....

Only StKilda could do that......

:roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D