Casey team rd 10 - ABC -reports and result

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Armo clearly BOG....this adds further proof to his omission being an utter joke.
Or viewed from the 'flipside',
Maybe it was 'a kick in the backside' he needed?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

This game was just further proof that Armo and Birss should always be in the senior team while Allen and McEvoy should have debuted a long time ago.

McEvoy dominated when played at CHF. He reads the play very well, has good skills and is an outstanding mark. Ruckwork leaves a bit to be desired, but would be no worse than Kosi.

Armo and Birss controlled the midfield all day. I have no idea how these guys could miss out on a game while Dempster, C.Gardiner, Gwilt, Jones, King and Blake are in the team.

Allen could have over 20 goals by now if he was brought in when he deserved to be. He isn't a really dominant player, but he provides an option and usually kicks the goal when he gets an opportunity. Not too dissimilar to Westhoff last year.

I don't know how our selectors keep on making the same mistakes week after week.

Would feel a lot better going into the Sydney game with this team

B: Gilbert, Hudghton, Geary
HB: Gram, S.Fisher, Goddard
C: Armitage, Hayes, Montagna
HF: Birss, Riewoldt, Schneider
F: Milne, Allen, McEvoy

Foll: M.Gardiner, Ball, Dal Santo
Int: Blake, Ferguson, Harvey, Jones

the shadow
Club Player

Armitage's performance again highlights his bewildering treatment by the coach and selectors. Unless there are disciplinary issues involved that we don't know about, the continual chopping and changing can't be helping his development. BTW doesn't everyone including the coach acknowledge our midfield is a weakness ATM? I would have thought a young gun like Armitage may be part of the answer?

Also liked Allen's game. With Kosi out tonight it might have been the time to throw him in and see what he could do. Sorry what was I thinking? That would show some imagination and daring, 2 things which are banned at Moorabbin these days. Better than giving Armitage, Allen, McEvoy et al an opportunity, let's go with the proven failures. Sorry about that Ross. I promise it won't happen again!

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
savatage
SS Life Member

Big Mac is a very smart footballer. Can't wait to see him with another year of running & weights under his belt.

Richter
SS Life Member

Note to all whingers. It is actually good news that the three best for Casey are all Saints listed players. Armitage, Birss and Allen.

Armo and Allen both look likely to be able to make a step up as they mature.

I too would love to have seen these three play well in the seniors - but well, we just have to trust the coaches to blood them as and when they are ready.

In Allen's case with Kosi, Gehrig and ?Ferg all injured, if Charlie doesn't perform this week then surely he's in line for next week.

Big Ben Mac also looks like he will quite a player - but I would still hold him back whilst King and Gardiner are fit. Let him develop in the magoos for a bit longer.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintWal
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:This game was just further proof that Armo and Birss should always be in the senior team while Allen and McEvoy should have debuted a long time ago.

McEvoy dominated when played at CHF. He reads the play very well, has good skills and is an outstanding mark. Ruckwork leaves a bit to be desired, but would be no worse than Kosi.

Armo and Birss controlled the midfield all day. I have no idea how these guys could miss out on a game while Dempster, C.Gardiner, Gwilt, Jones, King and Blake are in the team.

Allen could have over 20 goals by now if he was brought in when he deserved to be. He isn't a really dominant player, but he provides an option and usually kicks the goal when he gets an opportunity. Not too dissimilar to Westhoff last year.

I don't know how our selectors keep on making the same mistakes week after week.

Would feel a lot better going into the Sydney game with this team

Quite a good line up, I agree totally MSG

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Note to all whingers. It is actually good news that the three best for Casey are all Saints listed players. Armitage, Birss and Allen.

Armo and Allen both look likely to be able to make a step up as they mature.

I too would love to have seen these three play well in the seniors - but well, we just have to trust the coaches to blood them as and when they are ready.

In Allen's case with Kosi, Gehrig and ?Ferg all injured, if Charlie doesn't perform this week then surely he's in line for next week.

Big Ben Mac also looks like he will quite a player - but I would still hold him back whilst King and Gardiner are fit. Let him develop in the magoos for a bit longer.
Sensible post. Agreed 100%.

I still think Birss should have played for the saints this week, even though we don't need to tag their mids.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Would feel a lot better going into the Sydney game with this team

Are you turning, MSG?

Richter
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:I still think Birss should have played for the saints this week, even though we don't need to tag their mids.
Me too. Very surprised that McQualter picked ahead of him.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Anyone think that maybe Armitage was sent to the seconds to get some decent midfield time into the boy????

Rather than the usual limited game time off the bench in the seniors.

Quite simple really.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Why not play him in the midfield at length at AFL level?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:
Otiman wrote:I still think Birss should have played for the saints this week, even though we don't need to tag their mids.
Me too. Very surprised that McQualter picked ahead of him.
This looks like a poor attempt to justify bringing mini onto the senior list. Mini will have minimal impact tonight and may well be finding more bench time than a hobo. Like most i can't see the logic in playing him at all ley alone bringing him onto the list. IMO this yet another in a long list of FU's by Ross.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Why not play him in the midfield at length at AFL level?
Not good enough yet.

How dont people not get that.

You dont walk into a club as a superstar.....You walk out as one.
Last edited by Spinner on Sat 14 Jun 2008 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Anyone think that maybe Armitage was sent to the seconds to get some decent midfield time into the boy????

Quite simple really.
You're joking aren't you?
Trying to post 'sensible reasoning' rather than 'emotional ranting'?
It's obvious that RL and the Coaching panel are deliberately holding our young stars back so taht we deliberately lose.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:Anyone think that maybe Armitage was sent to the seconds to get some decent midfield time into the boy????

Quite simple really.
It's obvious that RL and the Coaching panel are deliberately holding our young stars back so taht we deliberately lose.
Ill take that as sarcasm...I think!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)

Its amazing the thought processes some have on here.....Truly amazing, and look, Armo got some good game time into himself, played dominating football, maintained his match level fitness base, gained some confidence and pushed for selection based on performance rather than by his good football looks and high draft pick status.....

:shock: Amazing.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Quite simple really.
Ill take that as sarcasm...I think!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)

Its amazing the thought processes some have on here.....Truly amazing, and look, Armo got some good game time into himself, played dominating football, maintained his match level fitness base, gained some confidence and pushed for selection based on performance rather than by his good football looks and high draft pick status.....

:shock: Amazing.
Sssssh!
Don't tell anybody.
We wouldn't want 'reason' to spoil the general view of so many on here that the Coaching Panel actually might know what they are doing and make their decisions for logical and sensible reasons?
Afterall, there is so much more experience at selecting AFL Teams on this Forum than at StKilda. :roll:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If the coaching panel know what there doing, they are doing a damn good job of hiding the fact.....

What evidenve is there that shows that Ross knows what he is doing....

A NAB Cup!

Win a game against good opposition, and there will be kudos....until then nothing from me...we have beaten NO-ONE!

bergsone
SS Life Member

Just watched 2 players who i consider to be harder at it than some [armo birss] play very well all be it scorps ,didnt RL say we are SOFT ?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

agree with what most was said. If nothing more it showed that we have 4-5 players who have the ability to step up in the next 18 months.

The interesting one was howard. Has always had the skills and athletic ability but needed to learn decision making and general football smarts. Really showed what a year and a half has done on an AFL list with his reading of the play. Read the ball well to sweep at Half back and crumb well up forward. If he can put in 4-5 good games like this he would be close to selection.

Allen was back to his early season form. Does huge amounts of work up the field, great hands and has improved below his knees. Perhaps kicks too hard when looking for distance which lead to a few behinds today but was in the top 3 today.

Armo has everything except perhaps the perfect kicking style, but he gives it a hoof. Is working alot harder up and down the ground.

Birss was a good level ahead and really highlights the stupidity of dropping him. If we decided to drop a player who was beaten for one week we would have no players left.

Big mac has everything except the ability to direct his palming. Give him 1-2 years with good instruction from madden and he will be a beauty.

Personally I would like to see roo go to the wing or CHB next week and allen come in to play the leading forward role. armo and birss are pushing for selection.

Good win to the scorps, tough next 3 weeks with the likes of coburg and willy coming up.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep armitage was awesome.

rix looked good as well.

mcevoy looked pretty good too

birss ordinary but keeps getting the ball.

armo attacks and attacks and attacks.

clearly not suited to the RL game plan.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
mick13
Club Player

If thats the case, I'd rather get rid of Lyon...

Boppa
Club Player

BigMart wrote:If the coaching panel know what there doing, they are doing a damn good job of hiding the fact.....

A NAB Cup!

Win a game against good opposition, and there will be kudos....until then nothing from me...we have beaten NO-ONE!
I'm sure getting kudos from BigMart sits right at the top of RL's wish list.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone have final scores, goalkickers, best players?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Boppa wrote:
BigMart wrote:If the coaching panel know what there doing, they are doing a damn good job of hiding the fact.....

A NAB Cup!

I'm sure getting kudos from BigMart sits right at the top of RL's wish list.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
we havent beaten anyone...although we did beat top 4 side in sydney earlier this year..

“Yeah….nah””
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Were they Top 4 at the time?????

Me and 10 000 other st.kilda supporters....yes Ross would be worried about our opininions of him....we keep him in a job, by turning up....atm, who would want to watch the crap his team dishes up..