How many players have improved under Ross Lyon?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

How many players have improved under Ross Lyon?

How many have gone backwards?

Every player is at the same level they were when he came, or have gone backwards.

No point in bringing in new players to the side or rookies if Ross Lyon is coaching.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

F@rk me.

The guy has had 1.5 yrs and now LIST DEVELOPMENT is all his fault?

Are you as big a dill in real life?
Are you real? or a cyberbot?

“Yeah….nah””
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i dont think its RL its the players we have become to accustomed to just turning up and using our tallented list to win games but hey presto our list isnt that flash anymore but we dont have the drive and the detrmination to give more effort ,we look like a 10th place side who are content being a 10th place side

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
JeffDunne

When you draft two players out of retirement . . . then, yes, list management is your fault.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry Teflon... it's true everyone has gone backwards not just list management champ it's a bad gameplan and Ross' negative tactics have affected creativity and Ability of players to paly to their full potential. Is it not the coaches job to get the full potential out of the players currently? YES IT IS and he IS NOT!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

1.5 years to demonstrate that he is a battler......I wish I was wrong.....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yes and in that 1.5 years he's brought in a heap of insta-retirees and good players have gone backwards or stayed stagnant.

Even sides we've beaten we've done so on raw talent not any wizzbang strat from ross

SHUT UP KRIME!
rixxo
Club Player

In my opinion NONE.!!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

hes bought in 3 ruckman (2 at f@rk all cost) to fix a glaring hole the previous dill thought wasnt important?

So where's the rest of the retirees?

Are you suggesting he shouldve "exited Harvs in/out"??

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Michael Gardiner's improved on last year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Sorry Teflon... it's true everyone has gone backwards not just list management champ it's a bad gameplan and Ross' negative tactics have affected creativity and Ability of players to paly to their full potential. Is it not the coaches job to get the full potential out of the players currently? YES IT IS and he IS NOT!
RUBBISH.

Read Luke Ball today - hes as frustrated at to much being left to so few - THATS EFFORT, INTENSITY and something the players ON FIELD need to address.

Stop making excuses for inept player performance.

"Ross is making them play bad/lose ability to have a go"

FFS thats lame.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Michael Gardiner's improved on last year.
Thank you Jeff I agree he has.

I think Ball looks better also.....and Hayes goes allright...funny how these HAVE A DIP.

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

He's only drafted one retired ruckman (and he was as useful as Rix).

Fixing the ruck has done us wonders too (if you'd call drafting two injury-prone ruckman as 'fixing')

Boppa
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:yes and in that 1.5 years he's brought in a heap of insta-retirees and good players have gone backwards or stayed stagnant.

Even sides we've beaten we've done so on raw talent not any wizzbang strat from ross
Its definitely all RL's fault, i mean GT did leave him the very talented kids that he drafted like Brooks, Watts, Sweeney, Gwilt, Raymond, R.Clarke etc. How the hell could Ross have not turned them into A graders.
Just not good enough

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

doc + M gardiner + Steven King + c gardiner + dumpster would be lucky to play 100 games between them.

lenny hayes, ball would have been good regardless, but have they improved? hardly.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:doc + M gardiner + Steven King + c gardiner + dumpster would be lucky to play 100 games between them.

lenny hayes, ball would have been good regardless, but have they improved? hardly.
so a 23 yr old dempster and a 24 yr old gardiner are your "retirees"?

your getting lamer Dan.....and thats hard even for you.....

I recall at the start of this season - YOU and others like you suggesting these guys would be handy depth players we got for nothing.........you stick fat in the tough times dont you Dan?
:lol:

Perhaps youd rather have us stick it outr with McGough, Ackland and Knobel??????????????????????....now there was quality..... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

!

Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:doc + M gardiner + Steven King + c gardiner + dumpster would be lucky to play 100 games between them.

I recall at the start of this season - YOU and others like you suggesting these guys would be handy depth players we got for nothing.........you stick fat in the tough times dont you Dan?

Perhaps youd rather have us stick it outr with McGough, Ackland and Knobel??????????????????????....now there was quality..... :lol:
No champ they're delistments... NO ONE would have picked up dempster! hes a spud...

Gardiner has only improved because he's not injured... what a stupid thing to say... he never played a game... was it Ross who got Gardiners foot right was it? Is he a Healer is he? He's certainly no coach...

Ball has not improved... And Hayes is the same he has not got better mate look back on the last few years...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

no I said none of the above.

i was calling demster dumpster etc and though king and MG were not there for the long run.
Last edited by Dan Warna on Sun 15 Jun 2008 12:20am, edited 1 time in total.

SHUT UP KRIME!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

I think Ball looks better also.....and Hayes goes allright...funny how these HAVE A DIP.
Gardiner played last year did he ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Hes on the park - that not an improvment in your world?

Frk hard to please some....

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: !

mightysainters wrote:
Teflon wrote:

No champ they're delistments... NO ONE would have picked up dempster! hes a spud...

Gardiner has only improved because he's not injured... what a stupid thing to say... he never played a game... was it Ross who got Gardiners foot right was it? Is he a Healer is he? He's certainly no coach...

Ball has not improved... And Hayes is the same he has not got better mate look back on the last few years...
Many champ AT THE START OF THIS SEASON were lauding getting these picks for nothing? f@rkon amazing how many hindsight experts we have on this thing....

And if there delistment whats Gwilt? Mqualter? Ferguson???? - f@rk weve had 2 of these on the list a lot longer than Dempster or C Gardiner.

champ.

“Yeah….nah””
bergsone
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Hes on the park - that not an improvment in your world?

Frk hard to please some....
Didnt know i could not ask a question without getting abuse.were not sure whether he got out on the parkor not last year re scorps or whatever

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
mightysainters wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Many champ AT THE START OF THIS SEASON were lauding getting these picks for nothing? f@rkon amazing how many hindsight experts we have on this thing....

And if there delistment whats Gwilt? Mqualter? Ferguson???? - f@rk weve had 2 of these on the list a lot longer than Dempster or C Gardiner.

champ.
who was lauding these pick ups?

I certainly had positives for only 1 of the pick ups, the rest were ordinary.

it was the RL fan club marvelling at how he filled our list with freebee discards.

SHUT UP KRIME!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
mightysainters wrote:
Teflon wrote:

champ.
Yer and hes had two pre seasons to get rid of them whats ur point? He hasn't... its pathetic instead of using all our draft picks we recycle... Pfft i wasn't lauding i thought shneider was a good pick up and was a realist about King and dempster... wake up champ

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
Teflon wrote:
mightysainters wrote:
Teflon wrote:

champ.
Yer and hes had two pre seasons to get rid of them whats ur point? He hasn't... its pathetic instead of using all our draft picks we recycle... Pfft i wasn't lauding i thought shneider was a good pick up and was a realist about King and dempster... wake up champ
hes had 2 pre seasons to determine if these guys can play and the previous drop kick had 5 yrs....thats the point "champ".

Are you seriously inferring we've just started recycling in Lyons 1.5 yrs? - what the f@rk do you call all the gumbies Thomas loaded up with...or your a Fiora fan? Mcgough? what about our project player we held on to for too long in Allan Murray or the fav Brooksy?

Get a grip mate - AT LEAST Lyon is finding if Gwilt/Fergsuon can play and he got Dempster at 23 for very little so what - hes a premiership player, young and worth a punt.

But your the champ you already know who the spuds are...

“Yeah….nah””