Lenny Hayes respect thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Lenny Hayes respect thread

If only all saints could play with this blokes heart, courage and intensity for the whole game as he does.

I take my hat off to you Lenny. You have always had my respect but watching you tonight made me realise how much I take it for granted.

If I was in the rooms after that game Id point my finger at Lenny and ask every player to put their hand up if they believed they matched his intensity and passion. Dont think Id get many.

For gods sake please make this bloke Captain.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Lenny Hayes for PM

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Lenny leads the way

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was beaten tonight.....and only give him a pass grade for the game....his field kicking was atrocious at times.....

Riewoldt was nearly our best......and NO ONE tries harder than him...

congorozides
Club Player

battye wrote:Lenny Hayes for PM
should be skipper. nick is fit but not a mans man.

battye
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I thought he was beaten tonight.....and only give him a pass grade for the game....his field kicking was atrocious at times.....
How dare you :evil:

:lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st philip

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Lenny leads the way
my 3 y.o daughter has his number on her back, she loves her lenny!

MadSaintFan
Club Player

BigMart name another midfielder tonight who performed at the same level as Lenny did. Wasnt his best game but was the only one who looked close to his best.

Ball 10 posessions
Dal Santo 17 posessions
Harves 5 posessions
Montagna 11 posessions

Lenny may have had just 21 - but it was the leadership and presence around the ball that exemplified what this club needs to strive for. Did what few of his teamates could. Is the onfield leader of this club.

mick13
Club Player

I'm namin my first kid Lenny, my second kid Hayden and my third kid Sven!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So because the rest played poor......it's OK to be average...he was beaten by Kirk, I call it as I see it.

I gave him a pass.....the rest failed...miserably

Thought Gram was dangerous when swung into the middle....as was Goddard....But overall the midfield was a disgrace...

Charlie, Riewoldt, C.J can hold their heads up......we had a few who were OK (lenny was one) and a lot who were terrible.....hence the loss.

hotdish
Club Player

According to the champion data ranking system, he had a very average game, and had little influence...got 69 points. compare this to goodes (140) and kirk (110 odd) he had an average game.

sculsaintstar

should have been our captain....G&D through and through.

who what where and tell me how!
SaintWal
Club Player

Should be captain. The fans all know it, the commentators all know it and maybe even Nick knows it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

/signed

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did I miss something....Nick was better than Lenny tonight....by a bit.

Does lenny have more courage?

Does he work harder?

Does he hurt teams on the scoreboard?

He is a great player, yes.......but Nick is better....tonight, and over their careers..

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:I'm namin my first kid Lenny, my second kid Hayden and my third kid Sven!
Sven? Would that be after Sven McNamara who edges my lawn?

SaintWal
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Did I miss something....Nick was better than Lenny tonight....by a bit.

Does lenny have more courage?

Does he work harder?

Does he hurt teams on the scoreboard?

He is a great player, yes.......but Nick is better....tonight, and over their careers..
Does not drop his head, is the spiritul leader of the team. Don't get me wrong, I love the way Nick goes about his footy but you cannot go past Lenny.

I will just add that Lenny, Luke Ball, NDS, and Rooey all now suffer from the "Shutdown these guys and you win the game" gameplan from opposition coaches.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well - you can't really complain about guy who has won 4 B&F's, has thrice been AA...was voted by his peers as the best player in the AFL....but you just did.....

and I can go past lenny....

Nick Riewoldt is a better player......not sure about Captain (what does a captain do, do their goals count as double?)

BTW - Robert Harvey is the spiritual leader at St.K

SaintWal
Club Player

Does not drop their head. Nick continually does. Love the guys commitment, work ethic, courage but should not be the captain. Go further and look at the way has been perceived in the media over the years. Sometimes a captain is not the best player, look at Tom Harley, but he is the player that epitomises your side, and to me that will always be Lenny Hayes.

hotdish
Club Player

A great AFL captain needs to be a match winner: Hayes cannot do this, Roo can. While he hasn't won any games of his own boot lately, he should be our captain. He is still learning and growing into the role.

Great captains of the present/past:

Voss
Buckley
Ricciuto
Cousins

all had that ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Roo has that ability, Hayes doesn't.

Stop hacking into Rooey FFS...

"Does not drop their head" - What is he supposed to do? Give his teammates a clap when the F*** up? Clap them for piss-weak efforts. Captains demand excellence from their players - its not a pansy-wansy encouragement stuff.

Do you think Buckley or Voss never dropped their heads when something went wrong? who gives a F***

the game plan is farked, and we need to play kids. leave the captaincy outta this.

SaintWal
Club Player

Read my posts again. Not hacking at Rooey just don't IMO believe he is the man. May I add that one day he may well be. Richo is a game winner also but would you make him captain? The same reasons haunt Nick. Tell me honestly how do you feel when Nick lines up from 40 in front? Like the rest of the team you hope like hell the first shot goes through because otherwise most likely it is going to be a long night.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Lenny is the true leader of this team...

Lenny is the true leader of this team, he is the only player who has the true leadership qualities in this team.

LYON and the coaching panel made a mistake when they made REIWOLDT captain. REIWOLDT is a great player but he is not the sort of player who inspires other aroudn to go that extra yard. It is all about REIWOLDT when he plays well - it is all about the team delivery to him not what he has done for the team...!

REIWOLDT was simply the corporate selection for captaincy a pretty face that they believed sold memberships.

A team that plays hard uncompromising winning football sells memberships - another fatal mistake Ross...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Saintschampions08
Club Player

hotdish wrote:A great AFL captain needs to be a match winner: Hayes cannot do this, Roo can. While he hasn't won any games of his own boot lately, he should be our captain. He is still learning and growing into the role.

Great captains of the present/past:

Voss
Buckley
Ricciuto
Cousins

all had that ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Roo has that ability, Hayes doesn't.

Stop hacking into Rooey FFS...

"Does not drop their head" - What is he supposed to do? Give his teammates a clap when the F*** up? Clap them for piss-weak efforts. Captains demand excellence from their players - its not a pansy-wansy encouragement stuff.

Do you think Buckley or Voss never dropped their heads when something went wrong? who gives a F***

the game plan is farked, and we need to play kids. leave the captaincy outta this.
Key difference...their all midfielders.

GiGi

Re: Lenny is the true leader of this team...

REIWOLDT was simply the corporate selection for captaincy a pretty face that they believed sold memberships.

A quote]
Reiwoldt a pretty face??? Lenny is waaaayyyy prettier!

Being serious for a second, I always thought Lenny would have made a better captain. I think his positioning around the ground gives him more of an advantage. He shows more courage and does a lot more of the 1% No disrespect to Reiwoldt though.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Is it respect for Lenny or is it contempt for the other 40 odd players on the list?

He truly is a class above all but Banger.