FOR GOD'S SAKE ROSS, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

twirlyhair
Club Player

FOR GOD'S SAKE ROSS, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

How about this for a radical crazy zany idea? We always kick it to roo...he always has 2-3 players on him ( and WILL get injured), the ball is then quickly rebounded, and the opposition who have multiple goal kickers, get a quick and easy goal. How about we play roo up the ground or as a ruck rover, and we force our midfielders to look for a varity of options, thus putting a different spin on what is a very very very predictable game plan when going forward. Anyone?

mick13
Club Player

Can't blame Ross too much, Rich and Natanui do look tempting.

twirlyhair
Club Player

mick13 wrote:Can't blame Ross too much, Rich and Natanui do look tempting.
You can't blame the coach for playing roo at FF and not moving him? Who do you suggest is to blame then?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

How about we stop this lockdown crap, that would be a start

mick13
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote:
You can't blame the coach for playing roo at FF and not moving him? Who do you suggest is to blame then?
Uhh, I'm agreeing with you. By saying he's tanking by continuing to go with this stupid gameplan.

twirlyhair
Club Player

mick13 wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
Uhh, I'm agreeing with you. By saying he's tanking by continuing to go with this stupid gameplan.
gotcha

congorozides
Club Player

i dont care what anyone says. RL cant coach. this lockdown crap is not going to beat quality teams. they move the ball quicker, they kick better. the only facet of the game we are good at is stoppages. and that is a waste of time because we have no pacy outsiders and we cant kick. so we win it from a stoppage. then kind of stall for a while. then kick a mongrel into the forward line where the opposition rebounds and usually kicks a goal.

we are the 2nd oldest list in the league. we dont have 5 years for RL's so called game plan.

and his game plan is crap anyway! we are heading towards another decade of darkness.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I want to know when we kick the ball forwatrd where the hell are our small forwards.
That's right Milne and Schneider are down in the back line where they can really hurt the opposition.
RL is an ass clown, so is Silvagni and Barker, as comic book guy would say "Worst coaching staff ever".

Gilbert=Legend

congorozides wrote:i dont care what anyone says. RL cant coach. this lockdown crap is not going to beat quality teams. they move the ball quicker, they kick better. the only facet of the game we are good at is stoppages. and that is a waste of time because we have no pacy outsiders and we cant kick. so we win it from a stoppage. then kind of stall for a while. then kick a mongrel into the forward line where the opposition rebounds and usually kicks a goal.

we are the 2nd oldest list in the league. we dont have 5 years for RL's so called game plan.

and his game plan is crap anyway! we are heading towards another decade of darkness.
About time someone agreed with me,

C-mon all you w#%^kers give this guy the old 'troll' names and call him a esl school guy

(don't worry, im not having a go at you)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:i dont care what anyone says. RL cant coach. this lockdown crap is not going to beat quality teams. they move the ball quicker, they kick better. the only facet of the game we are good at is stoppages. and that is a waste of time because we have no pacy outsiders and we cant kick. so we win it from a stoppage. then kind of stall for a while. then kick a mongrel into the forward line where the opposition rebounds and usually kicks a goal.

100% spot on, although the ageing list is as much Thomas`s fault as Lyons
Get ready for a long time of crapness like essondon and carlton

Gilbert=Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:

Aging !!!!!

Our list average is 3 years younger than the birsbane list when they won 3 flags in a row

100% spot on, although the ageing list is as much Thomas`s fault as Lyons
Get ready for a long time of crapness like essondon and carlton

congorozides
Club Player

will get worse this quarter if the years pattern continues.

so :lol: sit back and watch us get murdered!

luckily i have beers in the fridge. :lol:

Gilbert=Legend

congorozides wrote:will get worse this quartercsit back and watch us get murdered!

luckily i have beers in the fridge.
Lucky i dont have fox and am very happy bout knot watching it

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Montagna and Dal to defense, Gram into the midfield, M. Gardiner to the goalsquare.

Working alright.

mick13
Club Player

Yeah I think Ross listened :P

congorozides
Club Player

hooray. at least some daring and thought.
must have waken up. lets hope.

luke ball hasnt kicked it. throw him down forward and tell him to apply forward pressure

hotdish
Club Player

Milne to the backline, Montagna on O'Keefe for a while...

Geary looked to be on Goodes for a while...

even saw Lenny Hayes on Mattner at Full Forward in the 3rd Q...

He certainly did swing the changes at half time...

ratismeat
Club Player

Silly, confused, stupid changes with very little sign of any method.

SainterX
Club Player

Yep Ross change lots of things.

How about we start with you finding a reason to coach us, rather than just because Wallsy said you could?
How about adding some personality to your voice when speaking?
How about smiling once in a while?
How about saying something good about our players? Good criticism works just as well as bad does.
How about taking at least a skerrick of responsibility for our performances rather than heaping it all on our players?
How about finding your own replacement?

Football is not all about tactics like you may have thought at Sydney. How is it you learnt nothing from being a senior coach from Roosy?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.