players out for next week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st philip

players out for next week...

Out

m.gardiner - hamstring
s.demster - injury (not sure what yet)
j.gwilt - no skills

In
D.Armitidge
S.Birss
B.McEvoy (although without wanting to second guess our super coach, he'll more than likely pick Rix)

anyone else, suggestions?

Newman
Club Player

Gwilt?????? No way - he gets my vote for another selection. McQualter before him

st philip

did we watch the same game???

i mean, i know you want to go for the fro but seriously, he is another tim elliot, except tim elliot tried.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe Gwilt was brought back for one game, let alone two. He has no idea.

But I can see Gwilt, M Gard and Dempster dropping out for Fiora, Rix and Raph.

st philip

Iceman234 wrote:Can't believe Gwilt was brought back for one game, let alone two. He has no idea.

But I can see Gwilt, M Gard and Dempster dropping out for Fiora, Rix and Raph.
thats like getting the booby prize, imagine, behind door no.2. is fiora, but wait there is still more, he comes with Rix, and that's not all...they are a packaged deal with raph clarke.

kill me now!

markinUSA
SS Life Member

We really need to hear the injury list. SEN were saying some of our players were 'sore'... don't know if that meant they were injured or not. Eg Harves, Dal, Roo.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing it will be

OUT: M.Gardiner (inj ), Dempster (inj/hack), Gwilt (gone), Geary (young and not dominating)
IN: Rix (he played well for Casey so he must be good!), Birss (hmmm...he wasn't playing too badly when you think about it), L.Fisher (we need more taggers!), Armitage (just in for a game or two)

your momma
Club Player

st philip wrote:did we watch the same game???

i mean, i know you want to go for the fro but seriously, he is another tim elliot, except tim elliot tried.
o_O

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
nicko016
Club Player

In relation to McEvoy, I think from this point on he should be brought into the side whenever one of King or Gardy is out with possibly one exception being Freo because of Sandilands because of his sheer size and weight. Its just unfortunate that this week happens to be against Freo. That means Rix gets a gig which is probably deserved after a good game against Sandringham today.

However, on the other hand if Kosi doesn't come up I think it would be a great opportunity to bring McEvoy up to play forward, especially as he's been looking much better up forward than back. However, if Kosi doen't come up, Allen would have to be in the mix too.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st philip wrote:, he is another tim elliot, except tim elliot tried.
Name the game that Tim Elliot tried!!!!!!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Let hope they don't bring in Fiora, Rix and Raph, no point recycling these guys, they have had plenty of opportunity, bring in others and give them a go.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
st philip wrote:, he is another tim elliot, except tim elliot tried.
Name the game that Tim Elliot tried!!!!!!!
He tried harder than most players but as usual if you are no good you dont try. Looking at tonights game then no one tried.

baf
Club Player

bring mcevoy in at ff,if kossie fit send him back to where he started.CHB This then frees up fisher to go on the ball

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

baf wrote:bring mcevoy in at ff,if kossie fit send him back to where he started.CHB This then frees up fisher to go on the ball
If McEvoy plays it will be as a ruckman. Why do we think because you are tall you will be able to play FF. Allen may come in if Kosi is not fit.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If McEvoy plays it will be as a ruckman. Why do we think because you are tall you will be able to play FF. Allen may come in if Kosi is not fit.
Because he is dominating when played forward at Casey. Reads the play very well, makes smart decisions, is an excellent overhead mark and has good skills. He might not have the pace to be a permanent FF, but right now he's better than any other option we've got.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:If McEvoy plays it will be as a ruckman. Why do we think because you are tall you will be able to play FF. Allen may come in if Kosi is not fit.
Because he is dominating when played forward at Casey. Reads the play very well, makes smart decisions, is an excellent overhead mark and has good skills. He might not have the pace to be a permanent FF, but right now he's better than any other option we've got.
Dominating in the forward line. What are you talking about. He has kicked probably 8 goals for the year. Please tell me the games he has dominated as a forward this year. He is a ruckman and should play this week as a ruckman. I would have thought Allen is a far better prospect as a forward from the games I have seen this year.

bergsone
SS Life Member

I would bring in Armo Birss Allen and mcenvoy if Gardiner doesnt come up,though i have doubts he is ready imo

steph
Club Player

SURELY its some for jason blake to go

He just doesn't get the ball, tagging or not, i dont care. he brings nothing to the side.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I would drop Milne. Have to change this pattern of him not playing well interstate. Send a message to his brain that every s*** game he plays interstate automatically means a run in the seconds the following week.

With the large percentage of games played in a 22 game season comp you can't have a team that is one player short. It puts you on the back foot before the first bounce.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

so the injuries are

M Gardiner and dempster

big mac comes in to ruck. Look we will get beaten in the ruck but the next 10 weeks is about redeveloping this team into something that will push for higher honours in a year or two. He will play second ruck, against the likes of warnock so I can't see how this will be a problem. He has 3 weeks minimum as a back up ruck with option as a third tall option until gards comes back from his hammy. If he plays well and holds his spot then I would be happy to retire king back to the seconds for the rest of the year.

would like to see howard come in for dempster and be given a job to follow the small. Not a farmer lead up type but perhaps a bell. Yes he and geary might get beaten every second week but as I said earlier this is about tweaking.

Strangely I only saw the 3rd quarter which might cloud my view but I liked gwilts tackling and body work. mini did some good work around the packs and deserves a longer go as a pure midfielder. Goddard and chips also gave us more of a push in the midfield. Suprised it took ross till after half time to remember what he learnt last week is a little worrying...

I would send roo to CHB, where he can get back his mojo. Here he can use his marking and field kicking to give us an option off half back.

armo and birss need to come back in, for the two out of form small forwards in milne and schneider

So my changes would be

In: McEnvoy, Allen, howard, armo, birss, kosi

out: M.Gardiner, blake, dempster, schneider, milne, c.gardiner

with the team looking something like

FB geary Maxy howard
HB gilbert Roo Chips
C joey Lenny gram
HF dal Allen BJ
FF birss Kosi mini

R: King, ball, armo

I: McEnvoy, gwilt, harvey, jones

If kosi can't come up then perhaps keep milne in and play gwilt at full forward.

Real chance to change things up, I am fully behind the coach if this is the path he takes.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:so the injuries are

M Gardiner and dempster

big mac comes in to ruck. Look we will get beaten in the ruck but the next 10 weeks is about redeveloping this team into something that will push for higher honours in a year or two. He will play second ruck, against the likes of warnock so I can't see how this will be a problem. He has 3 weeks minimum as a back up ruck with option as a third tall option until gards comes back from his hammy. If he plays well and holds his spot then I would be happy to retire king back to the seconds for the rest of the year.

would like to see howard come in for dempster and be given a job to follow the small. Not a farmer lead up type but perhaps a bell. Yes he and geary might get beaten every second week but as I said earlier this is about tweaking.

Strangely I only saw the 3rd quarter which might cloud my view but I liked gwilts tackling and body work. mini did some good work around the packs and deserves a longer go as a pure midfielder. Goddard and chips also gave us more of a push in the midfield. Suprised it took ross till after half time to remember what he learnt last week is a little worrying...

I would send roo to CHB, where he can get back his mojo. Here he can use his marking and field kicking to give us an option off half back.

armo and birss need to come back in, for the two out of form small forwards in milne and schneider

So my changes would be

FB geary Maxy howard
HB gilbert Roo Chips
C joey Lenny gram
HF dal Allen BJ
FF birss Kosi mini

If kosi can't come up then perhaps keep milne in and play gwilt at full forward.

Real chance to change things up, I am fully behind the coach if this is the path he takes.
That would make a lot of sense dropping C Gardiner. He was nearly our best last night and you reward him by dropping him.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:so the injuries are

M Gardiner and dempster

So my changes would be

FB geary Maxy howard
HB gilbert Roo Chips
C joey Lenny gram
HF dal Allen BJ
FF birss Kosi mini

That would make a lot of sense dropping C Gardiner. He was nearly our best last night and you reward him by dropping him.
if thats the worse you can say about my post then I'm having a great day ;)

ok easy, rest kosi's knee and leave charlie there. I personally don't rate gardiner but hell if he had a good game last night then good on him (I did admit to only watching the 3rd quarter last night).

Any thoughts about the rest plugger66? Who do you think needs to go?

FQF
In richo I trust

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

INS:
mcevoy - if gardy doesnt come up -
allen - takes kosi's spot
armo
Birss

OUTS:
kosi
gardy
Blake
Schneider

people id consider dropping to the 2nds for a bit of a wake up call/ form
Blake milne schneider Dempster

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well if Gardiner and Dempster are injured then they will be out and it maybe time to give Blake a rest. I wouldnt drop Milne but Schneider may have to go.

Out Gardiner Dempster if injured Blake Schneider

Ins Mc Evoy Allen or Kosi if fit Kosi Armo Birss

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well if Gardiner and Dempster are injured then they will be out and it maybe time to give Blake a rest. I wouldnt drop Milne but Schneider may have to go.

Out Gardiner Dempster if injured Blake Schneider

Ins Mc Evoy Allen or Kosi if fit Kosi Armo Birss
what would you do with roo, obviously whats happening is not working. I suggest CHB to get him back into form, take some pressure off him being the sole target and release chips into a running midfield rebounding role?

FQF
In richo I trust