AFL Column

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
MilneyMagic wrote:fair enough. It's easy to sit here a bag someone else for having an opinion.

Which of his points do you actually not agree with???

I think he illustrates the dire situation we are in with Lyon as coach and the sooner we git rid of him the better.

Remember how good we were to watch in 2004-06?? This list still has that potential. It is Lyon who is crippling us!!!

We need someone who will bleed for the cause...like most people on this forum do!!
in short the list thrived on confidence when we were younger...we were the hunters and being younger had the confidence to do so

now we are the hunted and have been shot down big time...

in comparison gts job is was easier than rl's...rl is trying to make us complete footballers capable of playing attacking and defensive footy...gt only had attack attack attack and when we were found out it got ugly

i know i would have preferred to have rl in the coaches box that prelim final against sydney...
No way. Give RL the list with the injuries of 05-06 and see how he goes! Hard to imagine, but it would be even worse than he is doing now. Nothing to do with the GT v RL thing, I couldnt give a rats, its all history. I care about now, and it is deplorable what he is instilling into this club. Accoluntable football PFFFFF, it is NO good when you cant score. NO GOOD!

If your going to err on one side of the argument, be a little less polished in your defending. Ill always back a team that can put a score on the board first, thats the name of the game. One must back themselves in and go for it. To have a defensive side up and going is of course a must, but how can anyone not see that RL is so horribly skewed towards the defending side of the game that it is jaw droppingly frightful? And totally incompetant. This is backed up by his inane comments along the lines of you only really need 10-12 goals scored in a game to win if you can stop the opposition scoring. I cant even imagine a more WRONG attitude if I tried to go into AFL football with. Just woeful.

All RL is doing is killing the instinct footballers have played with since 6 years of age, and killing the natural instinct to take a risk and try and go foward and score. End result is you suck the SPIRIT right out of the team quick smart. You can be the best defending "accountable" (f*** I hate that word) team in the world, but if you have no spirit within the team its all over.

He will put this club back into the dark ages if allowed to go on.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Otiman wrote:
evertonfc wrote:If he wants to become a journalist, he should go an do some work experience at a local paper, and they'll help him to write correctly.
I would hope that the high school teachers would be doing that.

Surely the education system isn't that bad?
Are you kidding?

Have a look at the way young posters write these days.
rixxo wrote:So its now time when the seasons is pretty much over and its time to think of next year why not try to coax cousins into playin for us .No offence but harves has been our best player for umpteen years and as i watched the game at the dome today when he finally calls it quits we need cousins in the middle .Also i think king and m. Gardiner are keepers keep them in to play out their careers at St.Kilda , get rid of Roo ,Kosi ,L fisher, both Clarks and get some new Blood in the team ,And keeping lyon for 10 years what a joke .
I think it will be a great era to be a capitalist.

A lot of these people can't write (or think?), and will probably end up working in factories or in manual labour jobs, etc.

When I went to school, you were taught the basics of English. Now, we don't always get it right, but if you look at the above slab of text, how can you have faith in our current system?
not to really get into the debate of the teaching system...however the majority of teachers were the so called 'deadshits' at school who only enrolled in teaching as it was seen as easy money after acheiving poor grades at school

i say majority and apologize in advance to any teachers out there

its a disgrace that a child can type out that illogical jargon as above
I have been called many things as a teacher however I must say that 'deadshit' is a first. You will find that those who choose teaching as a last resort do not last long as they find the job too demanding, both mentally and physically. As a teacher, there is only so much I can do to get students to use effective written skills. Unfortunately we are unable to follow them home and make sure that when they jump on the computer to rant on forums or to speak to friends on msn, that they use proper written English!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i have no comment on the programmed.....errrr education system the entire globe pushes, errrrrr has.

i actually feel sorry for 'teachers'.....

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

my case in point

i have many friends and met friends through them who are doing education or majoring in it along with other degrees

i have heard countless stories of teacher incompetence, laziness and cluelessness, the constant reliance on these prac students to do much more than what is required firstly

secondly teachers within both state and private systems ask prac students for advice, how and why they taught in specific ways and through this display general unawares at their own incompetence

it is scary hearing these stories about how other teachers copying prac students ideas considering these young adults are still learning the trade

shoot me down if you will...but its interesting to listen to...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:my case in point

i have many friends and met friends through them who are doing education or majoring in it along with other degrees

i have heard countless stories of teacher incompetence, laziness and cluelessness, the constant reliance on these prac students to do much more than what is required firstly

secondly teachers within both state and private systems ask prac students for advice, how and why they taught in specific ways and through this display general unawares at their own incompetence

it is scary hearing these stories about how other teachers copying prac students ideas considering these young adults are still learning the trade

Not long ago i was a prac student doing my teaching rounds as apart of my teaching degree and can still to this day remember being asked for ideas and new concepts. This from people who had taught me! Does this mean that they are lazy or clueless? On the contrary they are trying to further their knowledge in the hope that they can better get the information through to the students!

A student teacher has the benefit of learning all the current concepts and ideas along with the new government learning standards that they want taught to the students. A current teacher on the other hand is expected to know the same information after reading countless pages of documentation that is never explained effectively!

Yes there are teachers within the profession who may not be of the highest standard. But then again can you tell me of any work place that does not have such people working in it? Yes there are lazy and incompetant teachers however that is up to those in charge to decide what to do with said people.

And no offence but being a Student teacher is totally different to being the one responsible for numerous classes year in year out, camps, excursions, parent teacher interviews, report writing, parent complaints and the list never ends. Until they are then they may have a new found respect on what is required and how often they get to come up with new ideas and concepts!
Last edited by Buckets on Thu 12 Jun 2008 1:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

they should be paid much much more for the work they put in

Buckets
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: secondly teachers within both state and private systems ask prac students for advice, how and why they taught in specific ways and through this display general unawares at their own incompetence
You do realise that it is the job of the Supervising teacher to gather notes on the student teacher and mark them accordingly on their lessons?
That includes pre lesson, during lesson and post lesson, eg. lesson plans and discussions on what did and didn't work what can be done next time etc etc!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: secondly teachers within both state and private systems ask prac students for advice, how and why they taught in specific ways and through this display general unawares at their own incompetence
You do realise that it is the job of the Supervising teacher to gather notes on the student teacher and mark them accordingly on their lessons?
That includes pre lesson, during lesson and post lesson, eg. lesson plans and discussions on what did and didn't work what can be done next time etc etc!
im referring to other teachers teaching the same subject....not the supervising teacher

at the end of the day these prac students have mostly increased the average grade of the few classes they have taken and the results have been high and above the other practising teachers

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

just as I thought. Here we have a uni student who's mates are doing education degrees or he's heard stories about teachers at uni, labelling the majority of the profession as 'deadshits'. So you have no experience, only hearsay crap that you use to prop up some dogma that's been drummed into you from god knows where.
Grow up mate. You truly have no clue. Every profession has it's lesser lights and those who choose not to work hard, but as Buckets has said, most teachers who can't hack the pace ( and it's a hectic one, make no mistake) drop out of the profession after a few years at the most.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

*yawn* :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:*yawn* :roll:
agree it's off topic. Not going to let SP2008's ignorance pass without comment however.

Buckets
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:

just as I thought. Here we have a uni student who's mates are doing education degrees or he's heard stories about teachers at uni, labelling the majority of the profession as 'deadshits'. So you have no experience, only hearsay crap that you use to prop up some dogma that's been drummed into you from god knows where.
Grow up mate. You truly have no clue. Every profession has it's lesser lights and those who choose not to work hard, but as Buckets has said, most teachers who can't hack the pace ( and it's a hectic one, make no mistake) drop out of the profession after a few years at the most.
Very rare to hear someone stick up for our mob! Cheers

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

"These words amount to nothing." (Point 14)

Only sentence in 'article' that made any real sense and I believe them to be a very good summation of the entire 15 points.