Personal History Of You

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Mooksy wrote:My grandfather Harold Bray was a St Kilda champion and it has just run through my family.
'When did he play Mooksy?
40s and 50s. He came runner up in the Brownlow 3 times. I'm very very proud!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Grew up in a Collingwood recruiting zone and hated 'em...so I went for the most removed team I could find, one with character, THE SAINTS.

Loved the likes of Cowboy Neal, Joffa Cunningham, Trevor Barker, Robbie Muir, Jezza, Kenny Sheldon and Garry Sidebottom...had a number two on my duffle coat at school. Didn't care when Collingwood beat us by 195 points in '79, I just loved the team all the way. When some (then) VFL players came to town for a clinic, I wouldn't shut up telling Stevie Wright from South Melbourne what an awesome player Barks was...I'm sure he wanted to throttle me.

Moved to SA and tried my best to follow the AFL whilst I was over here...of course, it didn't exist for South Australian's until the Crows came on board. Thought all my prayers would be answered in '97, but was so nervous I couldn't even watch the match! The sad thing was, although I hate the Crows, I couldn't begrudge them their first win...so I went into town that night and let everyone buy me a drink. They were good sports.

In 1998 I worked with Milan Faletic, who told me heaps of great stuff about his playing years at the club...none of which involved football. Still believe they'll fin a flag before I die...of course, on average I'm nearly half way there, so they'd better hurry up!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i was born into the family....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:I started supporting the Saints over 30 years ago and for most of my time would catch the bus down South Road to Linton STreet and then rush back home to watch the wrap up - even when we lost - but I would never have dared look the 'older' ladies who barracked for The Saints in the eye and say that I was going home early.

The passion for losing teams in the eighties is not there now - we are soft - as supporters. Honestly - how many of you left before the game was over yesterday?

We are in trouble and this is a call to arms!

i have never left a match early in my life.....and never will....i stay to the bitter end....and boy...have there been some bitter ends.........you better believe it...........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergsone
SS Life Member

bergsone missus here came from scotland as a young un never been to a game till 1 was 19 when i met hubby,needless to say it was always st kilda now i luv em nicky winmar was my favourite, if u cant beat em join em [/img]

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Just as a side post...I had a colleague come from England to Australia by way of Singapore about 8 years ago. He said he needed a club to support so I suggested the saints....."they're the Man U of AFL" - well I might have lied a little but we have one more suffering paid up member :)

MonsterEatsThePilot

my grandpa and his brother played a few games for the mighty saints in 55 and 56, des and fred cole respectively. definitely a club i was born into! i guess you could say st. kilda runs in my blood.

been going to games since before i could walk (22 now), one of dad's mates had a rellie that lived just around the corner from moorabin. remember the long, LONG pre-citilink trek to waverley from my hometown bendigo on many occasions. that car park.. bloody hell.

now i go to every home game, and my mood for the week usually reflects how we play.. needless to say i've been drunk a fair bit this year haha.

on a side note, i had a dream last night that we won the grand final and harves was captain..

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

MonsterEatsThePilot wrote:on a side note, i had a dream last night that we won the grand final and harves was captain
they'd want to get going soon.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I blame my mother for this loyalty to the mighty saints
her whole family all 9 of them barracked for them.
My sister and I both barrack for the saints me for 25 years and my sister since she was 10 thanks to Luke Ball.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz