If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
sRr . . . as usual, no clue but you'll make up whatever suits your argument.
I once again note that JeffDunne has stated that I make things up.

This is what JeffDune wrote..
Who are you talking to SrR?

Are you aware of the concept of PMs?
So Rodgerfox,
Have I misread this post of yours?

I't's ok to make 'public' accusations/insinuations but the person who is accused/insinuated should only respond 'privately'?

I

JeffDunne

Can we please not turn yet another thread into a debate on semantics?

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

i think coaches are overrated.

It's convenient and neat to package all our problems and assign them to the coach... but arent we denying the real issue that way?

I think we idealise our players too much and think they're better than they are.

- we dont have enough runners or goalkickers and some of our players are injury prone and cant stand the rigour of football.

Other sides have improved their lists and have leapfrogged us.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

me babble wrote: And, indeed, Lyon was reluctant because I believe in his heart of hearts he knew that he didn't have the self-confidence, personality or the drive to impose himself on others and force them to bend to his will: which is surely the most important part of a coach's job.

Apparently the selection process managed to avoid discovering this fact: :
Interesting FACTs, thankyou for enlightening us all

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:i think coaches are overrated.

It's convenient and neat to package all our problems and assign them to the coach... but arent we denying the real issue that way?

I think we idealise our players too much and think they're better than they are.

- we dont have enough runners or goalkickers and some of our players are injury prone and cant stand the rigour of football.

that's a bit like saying it doesn't matter who the prime minister is or that leadership isn't important.

of course it is.

but you are correct that it isn't everything and we don't have enough runners or goal-kickers.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:i think coaches are overrated.

Indeed in terms of just match day coaching.....

Matthews once said (or words to this effect) that the first thing a coach needs to do is to build a good list.

The main premiership threats this year are all from teams that have improved their lists over the last 5 years on a consistent basis.

You improve by who you recruit....but then by development once they arrive.

The Saints have been dreadful at developing players...and also had an extremely poor period of several years of combined drafting and trading that was quitely simply not up to scratch.

But the coach still has to engage and motivate the team...and this seems to be lacking at present.

The Saints have been a brittle team ever since the streak.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Can we please not turn yet another thread into a debate on semantics?
Easily done...you stop posting false posts about or involving me...and then I will not need to correct your "fabrications".

Pretty simply really.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

I actually wasn't speaking to you.

While you're here though maybe you'd like to back up some of what you posted in regards to comparing the two processes.

I'd like to know when RB admittted the process to appoint GT was a farce? I have no doubt it was a farce, like all of RB's appointments, but I've heard him twice argue that it wasn't.

Then maybe we could get back to your "deliberately losing" line and you post something of substance to back up that one? Correcting me on my memory of a thread doesn't prove this preposterous allegation correct.